Looking for people to mark my essays (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am looking for people to help mark my essays.

Hopefully, the marker are thoroughly familiar with the topics related to the concept of Belonging and English (Standard) materials.

BTW, I am going to be doing the The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Educating Rita and some other text that I am yet to be aware of.

In addition, as markers, you must give feedbacks (decent length of it) as to how I can come about improving my essays and some other tips that may prove useful for further advancement.

It is preferred that we use the system where I send the materials and get them marked with feedbacks attached. I am willing to pay money per essay marked and I can assure you that my essay won't go over 1200 words (standard essay length from my point of view). Alternatively, you can charge the money that you wish for that essay depending on its length and other necessary features that must be counted towards total cost.

Please give me a private message if you are interested in this deal.

dp624

HSC
I'll give it a cursory (in depth) glance over for free =P. I used to do this with my friends' essays and at least one of them attributes their success in English Advanced to me. Before I started looking at them, school was estimating he'd get about 91/100 aligned - from marks like 16/20 and 12/15. However, at trials, he got 97/105 raw (i got 99 raw) and estimated at 95. In the end, he did end up getting 95. I got 96 =P.
One downside to my free thing is that I'm not 100% familiar with the new course. I believe however that the familiarity of the course and so on can only bring you to a High Band 5. It's the nuances which gives 15s and 20s. I can help you with this. Of course, it'd help if you could give a small overview of each text and each module beforehand. I can probably check up the syllabus myself.

Hey, lol, I have heaps of spare time. So why not?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
I'll give it a cursory (in depth) glance over for free =P. I used to do this with my friends' essays and at least one of them attributes their success in English Advanced to me. Before I started looking at them, school was estimating he'd get about 91/100 aligned - from marks like 16/20 and 12/15. However, at trials, he got 97/105 raw (i got 99 raw) and estimated at 95. In the end, he did end up getting 95. I got 96 =P.
One downside to my free thing is that I'm not 100% familiar with the new course. I believe however that the familiarity of the course and so on can only bring you to a High Band 5. It's the nuances which gives 15s and 20s. I can help you with this. Of course, it'd help if you could give a small overview of each text and each module beforehand. I can probably check up the syllabus myself.

Hey, lol, I have heaps of spare time. So why not?
OMG, are you serious? I think I need to visit you sometimes with some awesome chocolate gifts, man (I am actually really serious about this).

You help me so much!!!

I will hit you with some messages sooner or later, thanks!

dp624

HSC
Sure thing. Another thing is that I don't believe many people on this forum are HSC'09 English teachers. Everyone who knows your texts are doing them with you. So Text- and Module- specific, you aren't going to have any pros.

Still, I recommend another 1-2 people just to cover all bases.

EDIT: won't get them back extremely soon, should take 2-3 days lol. i need to game too =P

Last edited:

georgefren

HSC
Can i see some of those essays?

I love marking essays, they help your own essays heaps because you know what to look for.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It's okay now.

I haven't written any formal essay as of today and I cannot possibly ad-ilb the whole essay. I have actually acquired a person to do the job who will give me some non-biased feedbacks and I don't wish to be too acquisitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)