Looking forward to the future... But struggling to survive the present. Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

catherinet

HSC
Anyone else just want to skip over the next year so that you can finally start your life?

I feel kind of trapped.
It's like i'm in a cage being poked by parents/teachers/EVERYONE!

How the hell are we going to make it through another year of this shit?

simmowrites

HSC
catherinet said:
Anyone else just want to skip over the next year so that you can finally start your life?

I feel kind of trapped.

Occasionally I guess it does get a bit like that. I feel suffocated at times.
On the other hand, the past 17 years have gone sooooo fast, and I think the next one will be the same. I wouldn't fast forward twelve months if I had the chance. It's the last year and probably the most challenging and I think it makes you a stronger person.
Hang in there =)
By the way, I'm loving your signature!!!!! Its awesome.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Re: Looking forward to the future... But struggling to survive the present. Anyone e

yeah sorta, i cant wait till i finish this year and i know its not gonna be easy,
just do your best!

simmowrites

HSC
Re: Looking forward to the future... But struggling to survive the present. Anyone e

imsopostmodern said:
it's really not that hard.
Yeah, come back in 2014 and say that again?

selablad

HSC
catherinet said:
If you find out, please let me know...

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
As much as I want this year to be over I can't begin to comprehend what life is going to be like after the HSC, going to university instead of school, drifting away from friends, it's a scary thought.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
catherinet said:

I feel kind of trapped.

It's slow at the moment i know, but trust me, the pace will pick up and soon you won't even notice the weeks go past cuz you'll be too busy.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
-may-cat- said:
It's slow at the moment i know, but trust me, the pace will pick up and soon you won't even notice the weeks go past cuz you'll be too busy.
That's what happened in term 4. That whole term went so quickly, I can hardly remember a thing, except study and assessment tasks....

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Sarah182 said:
That's what happened in term 4. That whole term went so quickly, I can hardly remember a thing, except study and assessment tasks....
lol, just wait till term three rolls around, particularly if you have multiple major works. That time in my life is just a blur.

0hNivlek

HSC
omg Major Works. Lucky i only have two and i'm starting them this holidays x.x!!!!!!!!!!

simmowrites

HSC

imsopostmodern said:
hsc yr = 08. been there done that.
LOL. guess I just got cut. bahaha.
soz, was goin by your HSC yr below your username.
hahaha...

...... I'll just shut up now.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

imsopostmodern said:
it's really not that hard. approx 60 000 people do it every year. you'll get through it virtually unscathed
It is hard, the pressure is immense for many students, especially those who are aiming for high UAIs and certain university courses. As pessimistic as I sound the HSC is extremely important, what am I going to do if I dont get my required UAI? Sit around for a few years until I become a mature age student, entire a course that I dont enjoy? Try like so many others to transfer and fail?

Sure you can prepare and study efficiently throughout the year but stress is unavoidable imo.

On top of that there are suicides relating to the HSC every year, you can not say that it wasn't "hard" for those people.

Unless you are someone who cruises through the HSC year and are just doing it for something to do then maybe it isnt so stressful...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Sarah182 said:
It is hard, the pressure is immense for many students, especially those who are aiming for high UAIs and certain university courses. As pessimistic as I sound the HSC is extremely important, what am I going to do if I dont get my required UAI? Sit around for a few years until I become a mature age student, entire a course that I dont enjoy? Try like so many others to transfer and fail?

Sure you can prepare and study efficiently throughout the year but stress is unavoidable imo.

On top of that there are suicides relating to the HSC every year, you can not say that it wasn't "hard" for those people.

Unless you are someone who cruises through the HSC year and are just doing it for something to do then maybe it isnt so stressful...
They are weak.
We don't need week, we need strength.

Unite!

on a serious note -

hsc is lol business. lol. lol and lol.

selablad

HSC

Doctor Jolly said:
hehe yup, I'd love to start my freedom already. I wanna go out!!
Argh, absolutely, much as I want to savour my final year of school, blah blah, I just want to move out already and start the Great Adult Life...

shell.q

HSC
selablad said:
If you find out, please let me know...

i think we would all love to know
but truly, as someone did mention before this yr will only make us stronger, it is just a matter of keeping to your goals and working your arse off to achieve them.
i see it as 1 yr left then freedom, we have done it for 12 yrs already, n they all built us up to be able to cope with the yr ahead

so head down arse up n get to work =]

HSC
Trust me once you get well into the year you become that busy you just go with the flow then close to the end you begin to love the place and the firends. but the hsc year is hell unless you make it fun, dont forget your social life and firends but always work your hardest. As a great teacher said to me "short term pain for long term gain" and the hard work really does pay off.

dp624

HSC
Go with the flow, don't worry about it.
I'm thinking uni will be just as stressful as HSC for me =.=

eggy91

HSC
dp624 said:
Go with the flow, don't worry about it.
I'm thinking uni will be just as stressful as HSC for me =.=
why what course you doing & at what Uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)