Lord Of The Rings #1 & Journeys (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey everyone,

I have decided to do Lord Of The Rings as one of my supp texts for journeys. Im sorta a bit stuck as to what techniques we could say. I feel that the ones that I have found already are sort of a bit repetitive, I was wondering if anyone had done Lord Of the Rings and related it to physical journeys, and how they did it, and if possible notes. These are the ideas I've got so far, if anyone would care to elaborate or assist I would appreciate it, thanks.

• Frodo - the language he uses and the way he states that he wish he never took the journey, this relates that the journey he has taken is physically, emotionally, and mentally demanding
  • Frodo - the fact that the journey to take the ring to its place of creation, and the burden that is placed on him is one of force

ANy other ideas or notes, thankyou :D

coroneos

LOTR isnt a good one 2 do becuz it is already a set text and that would mean u would get owned by markers.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Few days late, but:

LOTR isn't a set text and the markers wouldn't be able to deduct marks. The Fellowship of the Ring is a set text, The Two Towers, The Return of the King, The Fellowship of the Ring Special Extended Edition are not set texts and are perfectly fine to use.

Physical Journey's (major one) present inside LOTR (excluding FOTR):

The journey through the mountains with Smeagol as their guide.
The journey of Pippin and Merry after being captured.
The journey through Fangorn Forest.
The journey to Helm's Deep.
The journey of Gandalf (fighting the Balrog)
The journey of Pippin and Gandalf to Minas Tirith.
The journey of Frodo and Sam (duh!).

miss-teek

You know, I did LOTR # 1, and when I went to this Study Day they said to use camera and lighting techniques. So in my essay I wrote about

the scene where gandalf explains about the ring - it's dark lighting - close up on Frodos face, portraying his fear and close up of the ring which, I quoted Boromior saying is a "pretty thing", looks less dangerous then it appears

i used that scene at the end where Frodo is about to Row off: I used two quotes:
"Of course you are [Sam when Frodo tells him he is going to Mordor alone] and I'm coming with you!"
and
"I made a promise, Mr. Frodo, a promise. 'Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to." - Repitiveness emphasises sincerity

With this scene I talked about journeys creating friendships.

I also talked about when Sam almost drowns, and Frodo grabs his hand and the sunlight in the background signifying the birth of a strong, loyal friendship.

I know you can't use this for your trials (I think all the trials have finished) but hopefully this will help for the HSC!

Good luck

elven_princess

im also doing physical journey and i used LOTR the whole trilogy but squashed them down to only Frodo . :D
the quote that I included in my essays are the one that Sam said to Frodo:
"It's the Ring, You cant take ur eyes off it, I have seen you, You're not eating, You barely, It's taken a hold of u, you have to fight it"

coz it shows changes in Frodo when he is undertaking the journey with the Ring's burden on him.

I also quoted: "I tried to save the Shire, and it has been saved. But not for me, it must often be so, Sam, that when things are in danger, someone has to give them up, lose them, so that others may keep them." Frodo decided to leave Middle-Earth forever.
That shows that the journey changed him from the outside to the inside, whatever he experienced will never fade away, and it left a mark of change on him. so yeah.

BTW, this is the book, not the movie. I intended to do the movie to talk about some techniques but that would mean having to discuss different scences and u know how complicated LOTR are, they are all connected...takes time. so the books are better. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)