...Lord Of The Rings... (1 Viewer)

Adaran

Procrastinator
HSC
If your contemplating suicide cos of the HSC, remember that you would miss "The Return of the King", and a even shite UAI is not worth that.

so cmon, post your comments, insights or insults on the movie
the books :read: or how hot Viggo Mortenson is :shy:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I LOVE VIGGO MORTENSEN!! He turned 45 on the 20th, I love him as Aragorn & in real life :D Have you seen 'A Perfect Murder'? Ooh, what a hottie :D

I've seen the trailer and I can't wait, I watch FoTR & TTT over and over again.

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Belle
Hell yeah!!!!

In the movie anyway, I don't know about his haircut in real life...
agreed he has a bit dodgy hair in 28 days but still cute. I think its the whole hero thing in lotr's. Oh an Orlando Bloom! Anyone who makes long blonde hair and elf ears look good is definately going to be a fave of mine.

And beside from the hunks of the film, i am looking forward to seeing the final one. But i will have to wait a bit to see it because i have to go to Melbourne to see off my sister on the way to France. We keep rubbing it in 'You won't get to see the final LOTR' but she then replies 'well i'll be in France..' and then we shut up pretty quickly!

crazylilmonkee

HSC
ooooooooooh i LOVE LOTR!! and orlando bloom! tsssssst!
he is sooooooooooooooooooo hot love him!
can't wait for the movie to come out! it is the best!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I can't wait to get the books for Xmas, can't wait to start reading them.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
I can't wait to get the books for Xmas, can't wait to start reading them.
The books are definitely better than the movies:). The movies are still great though:).

Leap

free falling
HSC
Viggo Mortenson? My mum loves him :p
Personally, I prefer Elijah Wood!
The world premiere of ROTK is in Wellington on December 1st. My friend and I are going over to New Zealand for a week. I don't have tickets for the premiere :( but I'm going to go and stand outside and scream as Elijah walks past anyway, and maybe by some miracle I'll get an autograph! :)

The books are definitely better than the movies
definitely! I was a huge fan of the books long before the movies, but I still think Peter Jackson did a pretty good job. Except maybe for some parts of TTT.

Fry

i agree with crazyhobo, TTT was very very boring..i had to struggle through that one

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
i agree with crazyhobo, TTT was very very boring..i had to struggle through that one
I struggled through the first one and I wasn't planning on going to see the second one but I wanted to know what happened. I've seen both of them god knows how many times now, I love them.

My mum likes Viggo Mortensen too, but hey that doesn't stop me perving. I like Orlando & Karl Urban too.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
You have to be joking me:eek:, there is so much going on. You just have to get into the story line:).

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
I really enjoy watching the Lord of the Rings. My favourite actor is Smiegal aka Gollum.. You rock Smiegal! Best actor ever
Haha yeah, it's really good watching how the made Gollum. I love how he says in TTT "I told you they were tricksy" :D

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Merethrond
You have to be joking me:eek:, there is so much going on. You just have to get into the story line:).
Oh, you mean that love story that took up a third of the movie?

Aragorn: I love you.

Elf chick: I love you to, but we can't be together.

Aragorn: I know.

Repeat for an hour.

TTT should've been an hour shorter than it was. Good the bits just didn't make up for the crap you had to sit through to get to em.

crazyhobo

On a semi-related note, why is it that whenever girls discuss movies it consists entirely of 'omg, this movie is good because it has the hotties in it' ?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
It had like 15 mins of romance in it. Big deal.

And the movie is good not because of the "hotties" (although it wouldn't be the same with out them).

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
roflshismc

The romance was just an excuse to give the elf girl more screen time, she says like 4 words in the book. but as they got someone semi well known to player her (forgot her name) they decided to give her a bigger role, the whole romance triangle thing wasnt even in the book.

i just cant wait for the exteneded version of ttt, maybe she will get even more screen time! :p

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Loz#1
It had like 15 mins of romance in it. Big deal.

And the movie is good not because of the "hotties" (although it wouldn't be the same with out them).
There was a hell of a lot more than 15 minutes of romance. TTT consisted of 1) the hobbits and gollum travelling to mount doom. 2) the rest of the fellowship travelling to whever they were going. 3) aragorn and elf chick try to figure how they can be together. No. 3 wasn't even in the book, it was an added appendix for those who wanted to know more about the history of characters.

And you coulda fooled me about the hotties. Every post hear consists of 1) agreeing or disagreeing with me about the romance. 2) making vague comparisons to the book. and 3) (the majority of posts) talking about how <insert name> is such a hottie and how you will see every movie with said actor in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)