• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Lord of the Rings (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
hey...

okiez...

A few questions to all Lord of the ring fans...

assuming Frodo is the hero of the Lord of the Rings - the fellowship of the ring, does he have a lover? (i completely forgot)

i'm asking this since frodo is not the stereotypical hero. (and the assignment seems to presume that the hero has a lover :confused:)

Oh yeah, and can you please help me with exploring the aspects of the Quest, how they were presented in the film, and in what context they were presented Lord of the Ring - fellowship of the ring

it's all for an english task, and the problem is that i don't have the video and can't remember everything that occured in the movie...

sooo... i would really love it if everyone could help me brainstorm some ideas regarding the quest presented in the film.

Thanks !!! :)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
No, Frodo didn't have a lover!!!
But in LOTR, there can be more than one character that you can define as being the 'hero'.
Take Aragorn for example. If it wasn't for him the hobbits probably would have been killed before they left Bree. He had a lover, Arwen.
Or Tom Bombadil, he helped the hobbits escape the Barrow Wights in the old forest! (Completey omitted from the movie...don't get me started on that one...)
Or what about Sam? Eowyn? Merry? Pippin? Gandalf? You could even say that Gollum/Smeagol is the hero, he committed the very act that destroyed the ring!
You could class almost any one character as being the 'hero' for any small but crucial act that they committed at any point in the novel.
It sounds like a pretty controversial question, very open to interpretation.

...But as to the film...It's the pretty stereotypical good guys vs bad guys who are trying to take over the world all in the name of some evil master who has serious mental issues.
The colours are stereotypical, black = evil, white = Pure, innocence and knowledge.

And that was probably all completely useless to you...

YBK

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
No, Frodo didn't have a lover!!!
But in LOTR, there can be more than one character that you can define as being the 'hero'.
Take Aragorn for example. If it wasn't for him the hobbits probably would have been killed before they left Bree. He had a lover, Arwen.
Or Tom Bombadil, he helped the hobbits escape the Barrow Wights in the old forest! (Completey omitted from the movie...don't get me started on that one...)
Or what about Sam? Eowyn? Merry? Pippin? Gandalf? You could even say that Gollum/Smeagol is the hero, he committed the very act that destroyed the ring!
You could class almost any one character as being the 'hero' for any small but crucial act that they committed at any point in the novel.
It sounds like a pretty controversial question, very open to interpretation.

...But as to the film...It's the pretty stereotypical good guys vs bad guys who are trying to take over the world all in the name of some evil master who has serious mental issues.
The colours are stereotypical, black = evil, white = Pure, innocence and knowledge.

And that was probably all completely useless to you...
hehe... i know there can be more that one 'hero'

can we consider the Shire as Frodo's love?

btw, thnx for replying :) and the setting reflecting the mood is something our annoying english teacher keeps mentioning, so i think i could add that into my responces.

E

Elenessa

I think you can consider that it was not only Frodo's love for the Shire, but also his love for his family (Merry, Pippin, Bilbo + all relatives in shire) and friends (Fellowship and particularly Sam + well, everyone he was friends with) that motivated him to go on the journey.

I recently posted something similar here:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=1793374

I'm sure all LOTR lovers will be happy to lend our knowledge to HSCers (is that a word?)

Elenessa

The_Jesstar

HSC
You could always hire the movie from a video shop...?

Frodo loves his family and friends, I guess you could count them as a lover...

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Ring a dong! Hop along! Fal lal the willow!
Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

I love Tom. He is so wonderful!
But true, very true. Tom is a hero. If he wasn't there the hobbits wouldn't have made it out of the forest. The would have been stuck in the Barrow Downs.
So, 3 cheers for Tom!
With his yellow boots and blue jacket.

Last edited:

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Yes, it was Sam's perseverence and determination that ended the whole fiasco.
Frodo was ready and willing to give up on the quest altogether, and succumb to the power of the Ring, but Sam pushed him to the very end.

I don't like Frodo. Yes, he was under a whole lot of pressure, but he was weak, and prepared to give up on everything because it was too hard.

YBK

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Yes, it was Sam's perseverence and determination that ended the whole fiasco.
Frodo was ready and willing to give up on the quest altogether, and succumb to the power of the Ring, but Sam pushed him to the very end.

I don't like Frodo. Yes, he was under a whole lot of pressure, but he was weak, and prepared to give up on everything because it was too hard.
yup... agreed... he kinda annoyed me that he didn't have the strength to throw that stupid ring in the fire himself; he needed someone else to do it for him.

but anyway, assignment due a long time ago...

it's another added to my list of mess ups in advanced english!!! low B was my score.... :rolleyes:

Lil Pac

HSC
Lazy Fat Ass

To Youssy...

OMG, you lazy fat ass, do your own work, stop using other peoples intelligence for your own purposes... btw, who here does chem?

jkz jkz

hehe, long live the king! (me)

YBK

HSC
Lil Pac said:
To Youssy...

OMG, you lazy fat ass, do your own work, stop using other peoples intelligence for your own purposes... btw, who here does chem?

jkz jkz

hehe, long live the king! (me)
O.M.G

LOL !!!!

wazzup "Rimmy?" :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)