Losing motivation to do major! (1 Viewer)

Periwinkle

HSC
Hi there, I used to be motivated in doing art and enjoyed creating artworks through my High school years, but now I'm in yr 12 and I've lost motivation to work on my Body of Work art major. I actually hate it sometimes its so tedious and frustrating! I've been stressed and depressed lately so maybe that has caused it. I'm just wondering if anyone else who does or have done majors ever felt this? any ways to stop this?

dalalxa

HSC
I certainly have and I am pretty sure many also. I have a major due also for Society and culture, I did not start it till last term and it is due next term for me week 3. But the only way I got up and actually did something, was put a timetable of all my subjects and assignments due (including my horrible hsc timetable) and done nothing but work on it night after night. I hits you, all the assignments you have to do and exams. There's nothing you can do, but get your ass up and work hard. Hsc is over in 5 months, and I'm pretty sure you can work on this major. If I can finish the majority of mine, then I'm sure you can also.
You need to make time for your major, for me personally I went library after school and worked it and I also stayed up all night. So maybe that will work for you, maybe it wont! Or you can leave the weekend for the major + revision of course :)

Good luck! you can do it.

JuliusSeizure

HSC
okay reading that you've been stressed probably means you need a break for a little while and do some exercise to get rid of the build up in stress. Try to break up your major work into smaller sections so it doesn't feel like its too difficult --- this will reduce stress. I think your best option is to plan ahead of time and be organised. Try and maybe ask your teacher for some tips.

Good luck, hope this helps a little? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)