losing motivation (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
force yourself to care, i didnt in school, but now im forcing myself to care for uni, and my motivation is still right up there.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
lol in some ways i miss the copying of the overhead ( dont have to think!)
ahaha yes i miss not having to THINK...ahh the good old days...but it got so boring at times though...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
uhh cos we're lazy and like to be spoon fed? (well, in my case i can only take it up to a certain point, eventually, i DO need brain stimulation :D)

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
what are you all stressing out about :s. It is the holidays~!!!

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
if you are lossin motavation in Yr11 ur stuffed... i hate hearing people say Yr11 is worth nothing...
u need all of the work now 2 build a base for Yr12... its like tryn 2 do calculs b4 u learnt ur timestables....
if u lose motivation now it means u dont care about wot ur doin...
stress is good if u an chanel ur energy in2 positive outlets...
if ur stressing it jus shows that u do care...
set urself a goal by the end of the year and try and get there...
i no this does sound odd comming from a Yr 11 student that hasnt experianced it yet

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah well this coming from a YEAR 12 student, i lost motivation in yr 11 after working hard in yr7-10 (pretty silly come to think of it but ah well). i bludged around all year and got ok marks, nothing spectacualr, but come yr 12, i wasnt burnt out and was ready to get down to work.

building a base in terms of content is really not needed THAT much...its more of a case of tiring yourself out during "training" and then the real race comes and ur exhausted, both physically and mentally

Steph9

HSC
It's actually easier 2 get away with not doing work in yr 11 than it is in yr 12. Just cruise thru yr 11 coz otherwise u won't have any motivation for yr 12.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JamiL
if you are lossin motavation in Yr11 ur stuffed... i hate hearing people say Yr11 is worth nothing...
u need all of the work now 2 build a base for Yr12... its like tryn 2 do calculs b4 u learnt ur timestables....
if u lose motivation now it means u dont care about wot ur doin...
stress is good if u an chanel ur energy in2 positive outlets...
if ur stressing it jus shows that u do care...
set urself a goal by the end of the year and try and get there...
i no this does sound odd comming from a Yr 11 student that hasnt experianced it yet

how do u chanel ur stress through postive outlets? does that just mean study?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

felafel

ah . . . i think that stress is just unecessary worry.

if you want to achieve your goal, make a plan and stick to it!

i often hear from uni students that the HSC is nothing compared to the workload you get in uni! (depends on the uni course obviously)

so if you're stressing out now . . .

and motivation? hmmm . . . i think it's all about the goals you set, and visualising life with and without that goal achieved! I'd be very disappointed if i don't get into the course i want to do; so that keeps me going!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by felafel
i often hear from uni students that the HSC is nothing compared to the workload you get in uni! (depends on the uni course obviously)
oh so true.

funrun

It means think positive, make urself mre determined to succeed; yep study heaps but effectively, set goals both short and long term and stick to them like say u have to read 1 or 2 novels in the next week get stuck in and read; Like aim to read 2 or 3 dchapters before u have a break or something.

And like if u need a break for 10 minutes go 4 a walk or run or something. Sometimes doin something physical can be relaxing.

motivation is about visualising ur goals even if u dont know want yuou wana do when u leave school dont give up do ur best to get the most opportunities u can.

Giant Lobster

HSC
losing motivation in yr 11... pshh u a drama queen or what? :rolleyes:

seriously, if you're wearing out already, ull melt and burn in year 12 :D

redefine pain, suffering, self-torture and you'll see yr 11 in a new light.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)