losing weight. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
okay, so i'm not overweight and i'm quite fit but my mother has some fear of me becoming anorexic [cause she thinks i was at some stage cause of some rumour made up at school that naturally got back to the counsellor, etc] so she shovels food down my throat basically, making me put on more weight and if i don't eat all my dinner [which she heaps onto the plate] she gets all suspicious that i'm not eating properly, and emotionally blackmails me into eating more by going on about how if i don't eat properly how can i expect to go well in the hsc.

so that's my issue, but i want to lose weight, i'm quite physically active, i do acrobatics, dancing and a lot of touch football, any advice as to how i can go about it?

quik.

HSC
If you are as active as you say, and still carrying some excess, stop stuffing crap in your mouth.

You seem to do a lot of exercise already, so get your diet in order.

contratmpo

HSC
N/A
hmm.. can't help much since i don't know enough
what is your eating pattern like, if you don't mind saying ?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i eat mainly healthy stuff,

never ever ever eat fast food, maybe something sugary if i'm depressed. or ice cream. but just an ordinary, mostly healthy diet.

i think my main problem is that i eat too much but i can't figure out how to tell my mum that she's making me eat too much without her going all omg on me.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
u should have no problem then.

u seem to be getting enough exercise, and everything u eat is healthy, you say.

lots of veges and fruits, regular exercise, you should be fine.

and maybe u dont need to lose weight at all, just maintain urself i reckon.

Last edited:

contratmpo

HSC
N/A
yeh does sound fine though..

how many times you eating a day ?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
If you are already healthy and fit, then all you have to do is stop your mum from making you overeat. Just tell her that you're eating healthy and that you're not skipping any meals. weigh yourself and show her that you're within the healthy range.

HSC
N/A
(Over-the-counter) caffeine pills can help lose weight/mass (not muuuch).
I won't deny that the physiological effects may prove to be a pain-in-the-arse, such as increase rate of urination (caffeine being a diuretic and all) and the psychopharmacological effects.
Furthermore, if you do have a heart condition or any history of heart conditions, it isn't exactly advised to start chugging the pills.

As for drug-free, sugery-free methods, (seeing as you have an exercise regime, which I'll assume is good enough),

[*] try eating a balanced, nutritious diet, with sufficient quantities of minerals and vitamins, carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins;

[*] avoid additives condiments and things artificial;

[*] try skewing your diet to compromise of foods with low GI's and/or high fibre content; cut down on carbohydrates and protein (if you're getting too much of the latter; too little leads to hunger pangs, as protein is a rather efficient source of energy);

[*] reduce daily caloric intake.

Don't bother with calorie-counting and fad diets; they fail.

never ever ever eat fast food, maybe something sugary if i'm depressed. or ice cream. but just an ordinary, mostly healthy diet.
Tell me; since when has modern ice cream not been sugary/sweet?
i do acrobatics, dancing and a lot of touch football, any advice as to how i can go about it?
On average, just how actively do you 'do' those? Do you do them frequently and intensely enough?
so i'm not overweight
Are you sure you're not overstating this? Could it be possible that you are veering towards developing anorexia? Weight gain and weight loss, and being overweight and underweight have their respective issues; for instance, underweight-ness/weight loss can lead to bone disorders, and decrease in homostatic regulation and endocrine and immune system functionality.
i think my main problem is that i eat too much but i can't figure out how to tell my mum that she's making me eat too much without her going all omg on me.
Might you have a problem in communication between yourself and your mother? :-/

It could be your metabolism, too, or - I dunno - some genetic condition; though, you've said you're not overweight.
MaNiElla said:
weigh yourself and show her that you're within the healthy range.
Weight is a pathetic measure of health, if it can even be considered one.

Last edited:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
How can you lose weight? Weight is the force on a mass due to gravity =P

Missy.15

HSC
Hey

As previously said, talk to your mum. Tell her that you are not skipping meals and that you just not as hungry as you use to be.

Umm my opinion for lossing weight would be.. count your calories, it just lets you know what your putting into your body and ALOT of cardio! :( Aww i hate cardio

Lol anyways hope this helps. Keep me posted ay.

xx

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
tell your overbearing stupid mother to wake up to herself and fuck off and you will eat as much as you want to eat and if she thinks there are some sort of retarded underlying issues such as anorexia, stuffing food into you is not going to help at all and will most probably make the 'problem' worse.

srs response btw

H4rdc0r3

HSC
you have to vomit it all out after each meal. that way you eat your food but you don't get fat. win win.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i usually eat a small/normal sized bowl of porridge or weetbix for brekky. yes with full cream milk but i really hate low fat milk, i'd rather cut fat out of my other food.

it varies with what i have for lunch & recess because of school, usually two pieces of fruit, and a sandwich usually with ham and other fillings on it, maybe tomato and cheese, sometimes a salad sandwich, it all depends on what we have in the fridge. sometimes a chocolate milk or something if i'm still feeling hungry.

when i get home i usually have fruit, maybe overload on the grapes sometimes. if we don't have grapes i usually have an apple, maybe some milo if i have sport that night to keep me going.

i think dinner is the main problem because i know you're supposed to have a small dinner but as i've said, mum heaps it on, i'd usually just have a small bowl, with mostly protein and salad, unless it's pasta i don't like carbs all that much so i'd have no problem cutting them down but mum puts heaps on my plate and if i don't eat it all she goes on her little rant. i usually eat almost a full plate of food, and i don't want to.

i do acrobatics once a week for an hour, dancing for two hours a week, and touch is just starting up again, so i just have it once a week at the moment, but it will up to about four times a week sometime soon. i also have an exercise bike at home that i ride at least once a week [or i do when i haven't done my ankle the day before touch trials =||.

so yeah, i think i've answered most questions?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
(Over-the-counter) caffeine pills can help lose weight/mass (not muuuch).
I won't deny that the physiological effects may prove to be a pain-in-the-arse, such as increase rate of urination (caffeine being a diuretic and all) and the psychopharmacological effects.
Furthermore, if you do have a heart condition or any history of heart conditions, it isn't exactly advised to start chugging the pills.

As for drug-free, sugery-free methods, (seeing as you have an exercise regime, which I'll assume is good enough),

[*] try eating a balanced, nutritious diet, with sufficient quantities of minerals and vitamins, carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins;

[*] avoid additives condiments and things artificial;

[*] try skewing your diet to compromise of foods with low GI's and/or high fibre content; cut down on carbohydrates and protein (if you're getting too much of the latter; too little leads to hunger pangs, as protein is a rather efficient source of energy);

[*] reduce daily caloric intake.

Don't bother with calorie-counting and fad diets; they fail.

Tell me; since when has modern ice cream not been sugary/sweet?
On average, just how actively do you 'do' those? Do you do them frequently and intensely enough?

Are you sure you're not overstating this? Could it be possible that you are veering towards developing anorexia? Weight gain and weight loss, and being overweight and underweight have their respective issues; for instance, underweight-ness/weight loss can lead to bone disorders, and decrease in homostatic regulation and endocrine and immune system functionality.
Might you have a problem in communication between yourself and your mother? :-/

It could be your metabolism, too, or - I dunno - some genetic condition; though, you've said you're not overweight.
Weight is a pathetic measure of health, if it can even be considered one.
i'm not into taking stuff for it, i take enough antibiotics all the time and the pill and painkillers for cramps so i think my body has an overload on synthetic stuff. i think going on a stronger pill may have affected my weight a tiny bit but yeah.

i don't add anything to my food like salt or extra stuff, except honey on my porridge, or in my green tea, i don't have sugar usually in normal tea.

yeah i admitted that i occasionally have sugary ice cream and stuff, but it's not often.

* answered the exercise q in last post.

basically, i weigh fifty-eight kilos, and for my height i'm not technically over weight, but i was happy with myself and what i looked like when i weighed fifty-three kilos with approx 20% body fat. which was still in the healthy range.

i've always had quite a good metabolism, but it's gotten worse as i've been eating more for some reason.

thanks for the advice =]].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)