Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
Re: i need to lose weight FAST

heh im about 175cm and at last check, around 62kg
bodies dont get much more lean than mine lol
at one stage, i could say i was benching my bodyweight cos i only weighed 58kg, and benched 60 =/

Nat3skiz

HSC

This is as simple as i can put it. To lose weight you must burn off more energy than you consume. When your body runs out of carbohydrates it begins converting fat to energy and therefore the fat burns off as heat energy. Try to consume foods that are considered "healthy" such as fruits and vegetables and consume meat only 3-4 times per week. At your age and height, you should be doing at least 30 minutes of moderate-vigorous exercise, preferable up to 1 hour per day with a day or two of rest. Try to avoid snacking and if you do snack make it something low in kilojoules but nutritious.
Your body may have trouble for a few days adapting to the new lifestyle but i guarantee, after 2 weeks you will be feeling great and well on your way to the goal weight you have in mind.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!! and dance!

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A

to lose weight you can eat fucking as much as you want and then throw it all up and you will be fantastically emaciated.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

chelsea girl said:
to lose weight you can eat fucking as much as you want and then throw it all up and you will be fantastically emaciated.
*users may experience side effects

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

cuppas said:
heh im about 175cm and at last check, around 62kg
bodies dont get much more lean than mine lol
at one stage, i could say i was benching my bodyweight cos i only weighed 58kg, and benched 60 =/
Whoaa...175cm, and 62kg's only? :eek: You must be really tiny/frail imo o_O

Last edited:

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC

sort of. no excess round here
i just checked then, im down to 59kg
ive lost so much muscle mass
my bench has dropped more than 15kg from my best =(

bet you women are all jealous of me now

Che08

HSC

Im with the drink LOTS of water! Its the one thing people forget most. when i lost weight last year (about 10kgs) Water was what did it.
Also something that brings your blood from your upper body to the lower body and back again like walking/jogging with hand weights, star jumps with hand weights. Even something like sit ups and then going for a quick sprint and do sit ups again will help.
Another thing a lot have people have mentioned to eat a lot of fruit. It isnt a good idea to load up on fruit as fruit is full of sugar (yeah you need fruit like 2-3 pieces).. eat more vegies, you can easily fill up on vegies like salad vegies, carrot, celery, tomato, cucumber etc.

Nat3skiz

HSC

MaNiElla said:
Whoaa...175cm, and 62kg's only? :eek: You must be really tiny/frail imo o_O
uhhh that actually puts you in the healthy BMI range. Thats a good weight for that height imo....

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC

for a guy? im less now. im fair sure that puts me at like a 19, isnt that outside of healthy? lol

Nat3skiz

HSC

cuppas said:
for a guy? im less now. im fair sure that puts me at like a 19, isnt that outside of healthy? lol
yes for a guy. I was just referring to the chart on my computer.

Nat3skiz

HSC

chicky_pie said:
drink water and eat only rice, that's how african people got their bodies to be like, thin. :)
lol im afraid it doesn't work that way

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC

smoking FTWeightloss. im under 59kg. i need to stop.

rozymisty

HSC

BMIs arent all that good. A show on the models was talking on banning models under a certain BMI, and yet thats unfair coz some are naturally just that thin. Fat percentage or whatever they call it is more accurate

As for the fruit, it can either make you constipated or get the trots, depending on what you eat. If you eat a lot of apricots, that will get you the trots lol. And yes dont overindulge on the fruit.

Water makes your body think that you are full, they say that drinking a glass of water 30mins before a meal will make you feel full more easily....prob coz your bloated lol. I personally dont drink much water, coz i pee heaps without drinking like much at all, which isnt good so yeah.

NinjaSauce

HSC

rozymisty said:
BMIs arent all that good.
BMI comes up all the time. It's kinda good... kinda bad.

It was designed to give a basic range for the average person. For your typicaly run-of-the-mill person you meet in the street, it's decent.

Anyone with some sort of athletic capacity completely throws the system out the window, and it has to be completely reassessed.

I'm 6 foot tall, i would have to be (a Max of) ~82 kg to be considered 'healthy'. I am 6 foot, and 103 kg, therefore, according to the Government/BMI, clinically obese. Even though i am healthier than i have EVER been (and i have been down to 71kg at this height, and everything inbetween.).

Actually, you can pretty much pick any football player at random, and most will be 'overweight', if not 'obese'.

So... Its a good bench mark for the Average Australian. But i consider myself a little above average :p [/gloating].

Nat3skiz

HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
yeah i checked mine just today, at 185cm and 86kg i'm apparently overweight :rolleyes:
my former teacher was a fitness guru and was as healthy as they come and he came in at obese in the BMI scale so there are flaws. For the average person it can be used as a guideline though.

K

katie_tully

BMI is good enough to use as a general guide, it doesn't take into account body fat and muscle mass. Thus thats why a lot of people aren't using BMI so much anymore as an indicator, but measurements. Waist, bust and thigh measurements are a much better indicator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)