Votes: 273 54.4%
  • I'm a girl and NO I'm not

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

oisac

HSC
mate, don't just type as quickly as you can. think about what you are saying.
complex carbs don't make your metabolism work longer, they are released more slowly into your blood, controlling blood sugar levels.

if you want maximum fat burning, you go low carb, then when you are down to your ideal bf% you re-introduce clean carbohydrates to make up 40% of your diet and you will maintain a low bf%.

first: low carb > get lean > re-introduce clean carbs > stay lean
You are correct, however it depends on the type of body the user has. If user is an ectomorph he can have 40percent carbs in his diet, alittle less for mesomorph and little to no carbs for endomorph.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Running does burn muscle + fat. When have you seen a bodybuilder run on a treadmill(jog) they only run at a slow to moderate pace. You think Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler etc did cardio? Compare the body of a marathon runner to say a sprinter (who uses HIIT), theres a big difference isn't there? However the user can listen to your advice l wont stop them, thats just my take on it. Just do HIIT for maximum fat burning.
What you're neglecting to mention is that Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler are on a cocktail of steroids and the need for any type of fat loss is almost negated.

There are two fundamental flaws in your second argument:

1) A marathon runner and a sprinter are going to employ different training regimes because they each are attempting to reach different goals. HIIT only forms part of the equation and implying otherwise is grossly irresponsible on your part.

2) You're creating the implication that cardio needs to be taken to this extreme, which is something that has repeatedly been discouraged in this thread.

Cardio needs only be done at a slow to moderate pace for no more than 25 minutes after a workout. The feeling of deflation does not directly correlate to decreased muscle mass, popular to contrary belief.

Cardio has only become part of my routine as of this year, and I have made fantastic gains using it. If you're going to go balls to the wall with it, consuming little protein and making no effort in integrating it properly with your routine then you're going to lose muscle in the same way you'd lose muscle if you began training with weights inefficiently.

boris

Banned
HSC
i dont think i have a problem with losing muscle lol just gimme some meals to eat gosh
that arent protein shakes or asparagus

3 steaks a day y/n

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Also it's really difficult to disagree with anything kfnmpah is saying. She knows her stuff and what she's saying isn't revolutionary. It's commonly accepted, tried and tested stuff. You don't need to undermine people (even when they're making completely valid points) in order to get your two cents across.

boris

Banned
HSC
but also i will do heaps of cardio btw as i enjoy being fit and able to run 10km/swim 1km etc
chasing pigs/fishing is hard work alright

oisac

HSC
What you're neglecting to mention is that Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler are on a cocktail of steroids and the need for any type of fat loss is almost negated.

There are two fundamental flaws in your second argument:

1) A marathon runner and a sprinter are going to employ different training regimes because they each are attempting to reach different goals. HIIT only forms part of the equation and implying otherwise is grossly irresponsible on your part.

2) You're creating the implication that cardio needs to be taken to this extreme, which is something that has repeatedly been discouraged in this thread.

Cardio needs only be done at a slow to moderate pace for no more than 25 minutes after a workout. The feeling of deflation does not directly correlate to decreased muscle mass, popular to contrary belief.

Cardio has only become part of my routine as of this year, and I have made fantastic gains using it. If you're going to go balls to the wall with it, consuming little protein and making no effort in integrating it properly with your routine then you're going to lose muscle in the same way you'd lose muscle if you began training with weights inefficiently.
+ 1

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
i dont think i have a problem with losing muscle lol just gimme some meals to eat gosh

3 steaks a day y/n
If you can afford it and the steaks are nice and lean yyyyy

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll be the odd one out and say that's it is not even necessary to be taking artificially synthesised proteins and amino acids, unless you're an elite athlete or professionally body building. A quality diet of fresh produce, and whole grains along with steady exercise/workout regime can maintain someone's physique or aid them to lose weight (if that's the aim).

oisac

HSC
I'll be the odd one out and say that's it is not even necessary to be taking artificially synthesised proteins and amino acids, unless you're an elite athlete or professionally body building. A quality diet of fresh produce, and whole grains along with steady exercise/workout regime can maintain someone's physique or aid them to lose weight (if that's the aim).
Thats true. The main reason people take a protein shake in there diet is for convenience. Instead of eating a large steak or something in the morning, all you got to do is drink roughly 200ml of a protein shake. You are correct though chicken breast, lean turkey, tuna etc can be substituted for protein shakes but as l mentioned protein shakes add convenience.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
brah you are pretty overweight i dont think you should be giving advice on this no offence

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Thats true. The main reason people take a protein shake in there diet is for convenience. Instead of eating a large steak or something in the morning, all you got to do is drink roughly 200ml of a protein shake. You are correct though chicken breast, lean turkey, tuna etc can be substituted for protein shakes but as l mentioned they only add convenience.
If people are looking for that kind of convenience, then that's fine. It simply aggravates me when people rave about the necessity of supplementing these proteins for quality wholefoods.

boris

Banned
HSC
If you can afford it and the steaks are nice and lean yyyyy
yes i can
chicken breast y

so i can eat like 100gm carbs hey, thats a fair bit. ive been making home made pizzas and the base is only like 40gm carbs
200gm protein yeah 80gm fat i can do that

oisac

HSC
Just a quick tip if your bodybuilding and eating 5-7 meals a day and find it your get hungry easilly; add more broccoli in each meal. It is impossible to gain fat from broccoli even if you have 5kg + of it each day. The main benefit of broccoli is that it is healthy and makes you more full for a longer period of time. :D

Last edited:

kfnmpah

HSC

3 steaks a day y/n
Mate, just eat whatever, don't drink too much don't eat sugar/fast food and you'll be right.

Eat eggs bacon for breakfast, steak and veges for the other meals, wholemeal pizza, protein after working out and you'll be right.

also, go on fb an look at the group 'clean eating for fitness buffs' or something it's got heaps of recipes for desserts/dinner etc that are low carb high protein

Last edited:

kfnmpah

HSC
Just a quick tip if your bodybuilding and eating 5-7 meals a day and find it your get hungry easilly; add more broccoli in each meal. It is impossible to gain fat from broccoli even if you hate 5kg + of it each day. The main benefit of broccoli is that it is healthy and makes you more full for a longer period of time. :D
lol at your sig.

anyway, broccoli makes you fart lots. Just what I've heard. Mix it up with your veges. I've been buying bags of mixed lettuce and whole egg mayonnaise and having salads with my steak. Grapefruit is good for fiber, also. Any green veges are good.

Also, red/orange veges tend to be higher in sugar (red capsicum is higher than green, carrots, tomato etc) so try and go green instead of red (except pumpkin. Roast pumpkin is da best)

oisac

HSC
lol at your sig.

anyway, broccoli makes you fart lots. Just what I've heard. Mix it up with your veges. I've been buying bags of mixed lettuce and whole egg mayonnaise and having salads with my steak. Grapefruit is good for fiber, also. Any green veges are good.

Also, red/orange veges tend to be higher in sugar (red capsicum is higher than green, carrots, tomato etc) so try and go green instead of red (except pumpkin. Roast pumpkin is da best)
LOL nice red car in your dp/avatar. How much did you buy it for bro?

kfnmpah

HSC
LOL nice red car in your dp/avatar. How much did you buy it for broma'am?
hehe dp.

it cost me ~10k. Hasn't broken down on me yet (not starting is different to breaking down) and I've only spent about 500 on fixing it up/parts etc.

I call her Harriet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)