Votes: 273 54.4%
  • I'm a girl and NO I'm not

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

Catwalk

HSC
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.

is anyone else trying to lose weight? maybe we could all share tips or something.

im 160cm and i weigh 51kg currently. i wanna be 46kg in 4 weeks time. realistic or not?

anyway, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh?

(btw, im not sure where to post this. just posted in F+L cos i figured more girls browse this forum)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Your weight doesn't sound like a problem. I think you should just exercise this year because you need to during the HSC. Forget about weight loss- it doesn't even sound like an issue. Concentrate on school for now and think about that when you've finished. You don't need additional pressures. I think you're being too hard on yourself.
Ease up!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Catwalk said:
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.

is anyone else trying to lose weight? maybe we could all share tips or something.

im 160cm and i weigh 51kg currently. i wanna be 46kg in 4 weeks time. realistic or not?

(btw, im not sure where to post this. just posted in F+L cos i figured more girls browse this forum)
Uh you seem like a pretty good weight for your height you know.
I'm 155cm and i'm 45kgs

Its realistic what you want to achieve, you just have to commit urself to eating stuff that isnt junk. Thats what i've done, junk makes me ill anyway...

Catwalk

HSC
i know i'm not extremely fat or anything so i don't mean to insult anyone that's bigger than me. but i would like to be thinner especially since i'm asian and all other asians are skinny shits (as my parents love to remind me).

it's so hard to stop eating junk food!!! it tastes so good and there's nothing else to eat except fruit haha

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Catwalk said:

The more I try to lose weight the more I eat crap (ie right now instead of giong for a jog like I promised myself Im eating chocolate :rolleyes: )

My advice is to not have it as your main focus, try to do more active things and eat healthly, but if you need a splurge dont feel guilty. :uhhuh:

Suppoosedly good advice, I wouldnt know.. I cant follow it :eek:

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Catwalk said:
i know i'm not extremely fat or anything so i don't mean to insult anyone that's bigger than me. but i would like to be thinner especially since i'm asian and all other asians are skinny shits (as my parents love to remind me).

it's so hard to stop eating junk food!!! it tastes so good and there's nothing else to eat except fruit haha
have u tried substituting junk food for healthier food or other ways of cooking?? eg.
* if you are making a salad dressing or dip with mayo or sour cream, substitute at least 1/2 for plain yoghurt
* if you eat a lot of dips, substitute chips or crackers with carrot/celery sticks
* cook bacon in the microwave between sheets of paper towel, rather than in a frypan (or if u have a george foreman grill that's also good)
* bake foods rather than frying them (eg. instead of hot chips, cut potato into small pieces, spray with cooking oil -small amount- throw in a few pieces of garlic and rosemary and bake for about 1/2 hour - sprinkle with salt... these are REALLY good and way better for you than chips!)
* when you are out try to get foods such as tomato based pasta, sushi, gourmet salad/sandwiches rather than kfc/mcdonalds/pizza etc.

there are lots of easy ways to modify your diet to cut out fat etc.. but the most important rule is to eat in moderation - its ok to have junk food, just not too much

Kirika

HSC
yeah.. i agree with u about the chips...mmm chips. also try n keep ur metabolism up... i found that once i started eating something small every 2 or 3 hours (preferably fruit or nuts) my metabolim rose and i could eat a bit more of the stuff i liked without putting on weight. this is especially rite for brekkie, never ever skip it, even if ur not hungry. oh, and do a good workout every 2 to 3 days, apparently 45 of solid exercise keeps ur metabolism activated (ie burns kj's) for about 72 hours after youve done it. oh, and eat hommus, but just becoz it tastes good. :)

HSC
Catwalk said:

i used to think that too. all the other asian girls were skinny as. i wasnt overweight or anything, but still i wasnt as thin as they were and felt i didnt look as good inmy clothes as all the other girls. thin asian girls are common, and many have an naturally slight build and slim look. i felt left out and lost 7kg in 2004. but now i know that was it was stupid to want to look like the rest of them. i guess im cool with my looks now and i just excercise for the health benefits.
ok, i know that prob didnt help much but its nice to know there are other girls like me lols :D

Generator

HSC
N/A
ballerinabarbie said:
have u tried substituting junk food for healthier food or other ways of cooking?? eg.

* cook bacon in the microwave between sheets of paper towel, rather than in a frypan (or if u have a george foreman grill that's also good)
Or you could just not bother with bacon at all if you are even willing to consider such an outrageous suggestion... Bacon without the grease and fat just isn't right.

Another idea would be to snack on various mixtures of dried fruits, nuts and seeds rather than on junk food.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
what i do is take a pack of lunch (ie to work) with raw carrot, cabbage, broccoli, slice of cheese (to give a bit of flavour) and whatever else that is fresh healthy that takes your fancy. and i nibble on it all. also sultanas and fresh fruit. sushi is gooooood. and try not to eat after 7pm (common rule) and yeah
but seriously
you don't need to lose weight. maybe continue to eat regularly and balanced (a bit of junk now & then) and focus more on exercise. as someone itll make you feel better and healthier

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
to you eat broccoli raw? just wondering cos ive seen heaps of people eating it raw and ive always thought it was strange. ill have to try it

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
over the past few moths ive been totally addicted to broccoli. in any form
but raw, takes a bit of getting used to if youre eating it alot.
but i tells you. raw cabbage is where its at. omg

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
It doesn't matter how many people tell you "don't lose weight", we know you're going to do it anyway. Today's fashion doesn't allow you to be a happy size 12, unfortunately, which is stupid, coz size 12 girls look gorgeous.

Recently I lost heaps of weight. I did it by eating healthy and exercising.
I walked everyday (and had sundays off - plus i dance twice a week). I also ate every 3 hours. I never skipped meals. I actually ate MORE when I was losing weight, because I ate small amounts at lots of times and I ate very healthy. Someone said above about substitution, and that's probably the smartest thing.

Eating fat-free yoghurt instead of a chocolate bar.
Eating nuts or pretzels instead of chips
Eating fruit instead of lollies (though I ate lollies all the time lol)

Make sure you're not eating fatty and fried foods. Watch out for all that greasy fast food stuff, but don't cut it out completely. It's ok to eat a bit of fat every once in a while during the month.

All this hype about carb-free diets are stupid. I ate lots of carbs...bread, pastas, rice, etc, and I still managed to lose 10 kilos. You just have to make sure u exercise and don't eat past 6pm!!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
and try not to eat after 7pm (common rule)
don't eat past 6pm!!
Why does everyone say this? I can understand not eating certain foods late at night due to insulin sensitivity, but not eating at all seems ludicrious. If I generalise and estimate that the average person eats breakfast at 7am, that is 12 - 13 hours without food...

I ate lots of carbs...bread, pastas, rice, etc, and I still managed to lose 10 kilos.
Maybe if you didn't eat such foods you would have lost more, or lost it quicker. I don't recommend eat high glycemic carbs when attempting to lose weight.

vg_woz_here

HSC
i wanna put on weight..but its hard :( i eat eat eat eat eat eat and nothing happens :(

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Why does everyone say this? I can understand not eating certain foods late at night due to insulin sensitivity, but not eating at all seems ludicrious. If I generalise and estimate that the average person eats breakfast at 7am, that is 12 - 13 hours without food...

Maybe if you didn't eat such foods you would have lost more, or lost it quicker. I don't recommend eat high glycemic carbs when attempting to lose weight.
breakfast = break fast
12 hrs or so w/o food = fast
it doesnt matter

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
perhaps i should have rephrased...don't eat DINNER past 6pm. there's nothing wrong with desserts, fruit, etc. i won't insult your intelligence by explaining to you why it's bad to have dinner at 10pm and then go to bed at 11pm.

hYperTrOphY said:
perhaps not the nicest thing to say, but whatever trevor. sometimes you can't just eat chicken, meat, and fish on it's own ALL the time. especially when you can't (or don't like to eat fish or chicken for example.

i guess everyone's body is different. it worked for me. only because i exercised constantly.

Catwalk

HSC
so what DO you girls eat? let's say on a typical day.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
breakfast - yoghurt and cereal
snack - fruit
lunch - salad sandwich or rice cakes
snack - cut up carrots, celeray, etc
dinner - grilled meat, chicken, boiled vegetables and rice (it's not as yuck as you think!)
snack - fruit...sometimes ice-cream...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)