It does?
I lost 6kgs in 3 wks from starting uni and work and I've never gained it back

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
CieL said:
It does?
I lost 6kgs in 3 wks from starting uni and work and I've never gained it back
Stress only makes you gain weight when you have an abundant supply of comfort-food.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Always said:
Up the neg. cal. foods intake. Google "negative calories", I can't be bothered explaining it.

Make acquaintances with apple cider vinegar. Drink a tablespoon (dilute it with water if you wish) before a big meal. It will suppress your appetite and do amazing things to fat and protein. You could also soak cucumber in apple cider vinegar and eat that before each meal. It tastes good so it also makes a good snack. Go easy on the ACV though, or your stomach will be crying (trust me :p ).

I cannot stress the importance of water. Water is great for so many things. It helps to flush out fatty deposits, ice-cold water raises metabolism, and warm water will trick your body into thinking it's full. Drink water CONSTANTLY. You should be aiming for 3 litres/day. If you ever feel bad craving coming on, start drinking glasses and glasses of warm water until the craving goes away. It works, because there's only so much water you can drink until you feel absolutely bloated.

Cut out all the "fluffy" foods (eg. bread). Bread has got to be the most useless food. For one, it doesn't even taste that great and more importantly, it does NOTHING to fill you up (note: there is 150 calories in a single bread roll). Try eating 2 slices of bread on its own - useless! Instead, eat more DENSE foods.

Despite what most say, caffeine is a go. It's an appetite suppressant and helps to increase metabolism. It also acts as a diuretic.

...and I can't think of any more tips.
Poor you. You have to do some crazy stuff to lose weight or maintain it. Some of these ideas/ways are not healthy ways.

I agree: drink 2 litres of water a day.

Don't cut out bread. Go for bread with low GI like wholemeal bread. It provides slow burning energy (so you don't get hungry as quickly as you would with white bread). Have 2 slices of bread for breakfast or lunch! Just don't eat bread after 3pm, as it does take a while for it to burn off, so eating it for breakfast or lunch provides enough time for it to burn off during the day.

Caffeine isn't that good. It is a stimulant and if you drink it too much your body will become dependent on it. Yes, it does make you pee more, but how is that so good?

About the apple cider vinegar: WTF?

Just a bit of advice: If you want to lose weight or maintain it, the key is not to do all these quick-and-easy things, but to make some permanent changes, like consistently exercise every second day (or everyday, whatever suits you), not eating after 6 or 7 pm, drinking 2+ litres of water per day, having a healthy breakfast, not eating past fullness, eating healthier foods, etc. It's about being HEALTHY. Being skinny does not necessarily mean you are healthy.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Always said:
Make acquaintances with apple cider vinegar. Drink a tablespoon (dilute it with water if you wish) before a big meal. It will suppress your appetite and do amazing things to fat and protein. You could also soak cucumber in apple cider vinegar and eat that before each meal. It tastes good so it also makes a good snack. Go easy on the ACV though, or your stomach will be crying (trust me ).
kow_dude said:
That was exactly my reaction...

WTF ?!?!?!
Apple Cider Vinegar is REALLY good. Dont ask me why and how it actually helps, but a family friend recommended to me the exact ACV method Always said and i lost approx 8kgs in 2/3weeks. Sounds retarded but it really does aid the losing weight process.

arrested development
HSC
kimi said:
Apple Cider Vinegar is REALLY good. Dont ask me why and how it actually helps, but a family friend recommended to me the exact ACV method Always said and i lost approx 8kgs in 2/3weeks. Sounds retarded but it really does aid the losing weight process.
Uhhhhhhhhh but if you lost that much weight in such a short time-frame it's bound to be mostly "water weight" anyway...

gigi31

im a yobbo
HSC
ok. so heres my 2 cents worth.
if anyone gets to this page again to read it.
haha

well i had an eating disorder last year.
im 163cm.
my lowest weight was 39kg (from about 55kg the year before).
Dont ever do it.
ever.
it screws you up.

even when i put a bit of weight back on (ie. when i was around 45kg) - i was still anorexic - doctors, psychiatrists, clinics dieticians the whole shebang - no period blah blah blah.
thats how much some of you guys weigh and you voluntarily want to lose more?
what the hell are you guys on?

you lose anymore and your body is gonna explode from unhealthiness.

y'all gotta look after your bootys!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Malfoy said:
You people are tiny. My weight varies between 58 and 61kg, and I'm 5'2, so unless you're impossibly small-boned you're all tiny.
I think we must be twins ;) Except mine doesn't fluctuate much. Ive been the same weight for 2 years

Always

HSC
gigi31 said:
ok. so heres my 2 cents worth.
if anyone gets to this page again to read it.
haha

well i had an eating disorder last year.
im 163cm.
my lowest weight was 39kg (from about 55kg the year before).
Dont ever do it.
ever.
it screws you up.

even when i put a bit of weight back on (ie. when i was around 45kg) - i was still anorexic - doctors, psychiatrists, clinics dieticians the whole shebang - no period blah blah blah.
thats how much some of you guys weigh and you voluntarily want to lose more?
what the hell are you guys on?

you lose anymore and your body is gonna explode from unhealthiness.

y'all gotta look after your bootys!
I agree. It's okay to want to lose a few kilos and look slimmer but it's not fun if this becomes an obsession.

tres bien said:
Poor you. You have to do some crazy stuff to lose weight or maintain it. Some of these ideas/ways are not healthy ways.
Believe me when I say I'd never suggest anything that would be harmful.

Re: ACV - whether you think this is effective or not is up to personal speculation, but I can promise that it's absolutely safe to use as long as it's used in moderation. It's not a drug, just harmless vinegar.

HSC
um, different weights look right on different people .. i'm 45, but for me i'm not particularly happy with it. whatever.

arrested development
HSC
^^ Yeah, and other factors such as bone density and muscle mass mean that you can't just declare that 'x weight' is ideal/too big/too small for 'y height'. It just depends on the person. :)

Anyway, most people (unless they have an ED) should be able to tell whether their body is in good shape, is functioning properly, and that their health is fine.

Keys

HSC
im trying to lose weight too!!!in a healthy way tho,like eating healthy and excersising and stuff...but my problem is the whole dinner thing..i try to eat a small meal before 7,the only probelm is by the time it reaches 8 im STARVING!!!! what am i supposed to do about that?!?!?!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Keys said:
im trying to lose weight too!!!in a healthy way tho,like eating healthy and excersising and stuff...but my problem is the whole dinner thing..i try to eat a small meal before 7,the only probelm is by the time it reaches 8 im STARVING!!!! what am i supposed to do about that?!?!?!

maybe the problem is what you are eating? try including more protein perhaps

Wilsmore

HSC
*Reply to "Catwalk"* you seem to be perfect the way you are.

Dont try and lose the weight as fast as possible, just work at a steady pace and that way your skin can adjust to the changes. Depending on how much you want it, will effect your results. Eat healthy food instead of the opposites and exercise regularly. Please dont try the alternatives to healthy eating and exercise in an attempt to lose weight...i went down that path and it is not nice...just do the right thing and you will become healthier and also feel better about yourself.

I'm 185cm and was 97kg but now I'm 74kg.

Last edited:

Catwalk

HSC
^^^ thanks wilsmore.

my diet is pretty much perfect right now but i can't seem to lose any more weight!! it's soo frustrating.

(maybe 'perfect' is stretching the truth a little, but it's as perfect as i can stand)

so what did you (or anyone else) do when you're stuck at the same weight?

arrested development
HSC
Catwalk said:
^^^ thanks wilsmore.

my diet is pretty much perfect right now but i can't seem to lose any more weight!! it's soo frustrating.

(maybe 'perfect' is stretching the truth a little, but it's as perfect as i can stand)

so what did you (or anyone else) do when you're stuck at the same weight?
If you've reached a plateau in terms of losing weight then perhaps you're simply at the "right weight" for your body. And, reading your stats, it sounds as though you're at a good weight for your height. I'm the same height as you and, when I was very thin, I was advised to reach a weight of about 44-46kgs in order to be "healthy". So I doubt you'd need to lose any more weight... :\

alby

cool duckie
HSC
that's probably the low range of healthy, she was trying to get UP to 44-46kg. the range of healthy is way more than just 2kg. you're probably in the middle of the healthy range, you dont need to be a toothpick

arrested development
HSC
Catwalk said:
44 kgs is 5 less than what i currently weigh, so if that's considered 'healthy' then it kinda implies i'm overweight?

soo.. how did you get down to 44 kgs? :eek:
Well I was gaining with an aim to get from 35kgs to a minimum of 44kgs. So that was like the low low end of "healthy". I'm more than that now, and I think that anything in the 40's for our height is rather slim. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)