HSC
N/A
oh and one more thing

if you are determined to lose weight
dont go around telling your friends
cuz that wouldn't work
don't tell anyone irl
when people ask you to eat something
don't say "i'm not hungry" cuz then they might encourage you to eat more "omg, u're starving yourself...you need to eat something...blablabla"
so just say "I don't like it" to friends who offer you food
cuz in that case they can't force you to eat it

mm99

HSC
im 165cm tall and i weighed 54kg then in the last summer holidays i travelled all over europe and at that time it was about -20 degrees in most places.. therefore i ate like a little pig and came backe weighing 60kg... i was really shocked but i just went to the gym as often as i could and i ate healthier food (more fruits and veggies). Then i lost it all again. It's true though, you do tend to gain more weight in winter, especially extreme winters!

If you really want to lose weight in a healthy way, then eat healthy food and exercise. but PLEASE do not go on the "no carbs" diet... it is sooo bad for you!! and you gain all the weight back like crazy...

tlodg

HSC
N/A
mm99 said:
im 165cm tall and i weighed 54kg then in the last summer holidays i travelled all over europe and at that time it was about -20 degrees in most places.. therefore i ate like a little pig and came backe weighing 60kg... i was really shocked but i just went to the gym as often as i could and i ate healthier food (more fruits and veggies). Then i lost it all again. It's true though, you do tend to gain more weight in winter, especially extreme winters!

If you really want to lose weight in a healthy way, then eat healthy food and exercise. but PLEASE do not go on the "no carbs" diet... it is sooo bad for you!! and you gain all the weight back like crazy...
Yeah, it's especially easy for you to gain weight if you are used to living somewhere more tropical then suddenly move to a cold place (imagine somewhere that snows for more than 6 months a year!)
cuz usually they offer food that gives you more energy to combat the cold weather outside, such as potatos, salad full of mayonaise and dressings, oily soup....etc
people also tend to smoke/drink more just to keep warm

I need to follow your advice and lose that gained weight too

horsegal

HSC
Catwalk said:
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.

is anyone else trying to lose weight? maybe we could all share tips or something.

im 160cm and i weigh 51kg currently. i wanna be 46kg in 4 weeks time. realistic or not?

anyway, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh?

(btw, im not sure where to post this. just posted in F+L cos i figured more girls browse this forum)
Hey, don't freak out!!! You don't need to lose weight, you're fine the way you are. Trust me, the last thing you need to do it go on a diet. But if you are really desperate to lose weight, try doing a bit more exercise and trying to eat healthier.
I know it is hard, but whatever you do, DO NOT TELL YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE DIETING - it makes everything so much harder.

I recently joined my local gym, and I am having so much fun!!! Here's a tip, instead of driving to the local shops, walk there or ride your bike (if you have one) - it's a good way to start.

Always

HSC
tlodg said:
oh and one more thing

cuz that wouldn't work
don't tell anyone irl
don't say "i'm not hungry" cuz then they might encourage you to eat more "omg, u're starving yourself...you need to eat something...blablabla"
That is so true.

I hate it when I am accused of 'dieting' just because I'm eating my healthy lunches and everyone else is stuffing their faces with junk.

arrested development
HSC
Always said:
That is so true.

I hate it when I am accused of 'dieting' just because I'm eating my healthy lunches and everyone else is stuffing their faces with junk.
that's pretty judgmental to call what other people eat "junk" though.

why does everyone even care about what others eat so much? the only time i've ever cared was when i had a hardcore ED. it's a bit odd to worry about the diets of people who've got nothing to do with you, really. :\

Always

HSC
Malfoy said:
I do it with my parents, but that's because I keep having to fend off criticism about the way I eat... 'boring, disgusting, unhealthy' etc when the inside of my pantry looks like a healthfood store. Theirs is full of processed junk/takeaway-style food and they complain a) why is my food so expensive (well, because if you bought things with less packaging/processing, it's less expensive) and b) why can't I lose weight (because you eat like crap) - I think I have every right to do this though.

Random people? Only if they annoy me about what I eat first, which happens often because I don't eat animal products or processed food, and people can't wrap their head around it.
People give me shit about not eating meat and overly processed foods as well. Seriously, is it such a sin to not like meat?

Always

HSC
Malfoy said:
Apparently so. People hear 'vegan' or 'vegetarian' and freak out.
I'm not a vegan, I just can't stand the taste/smell of meat. :s

I think the vegan diet is pretty cool though, and probably really healthy. Do you know of any good vegan restaurants in Sydney?

Bendent

HSC
Catwalk said:
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.

is anyone else trying to lose weight? maybe we could all share tips or something.

im 160cm and i weigh 51kg currently. i wanna be 46kg in 4 weeks time. realistic or not?

anyway, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh?

(btw, im not sure where to post this. just posted in F+L cos i figured more girls browse this forum)
I'm trying to gain weight and it's so hard. i suppose waking up at 2pm everyday and only eat dinner works lol although it's not healthy. I tend to stay at 43kg consistently forever.

sharks05

HSC
I have a marathon in about 61 days and need to get my weight down for it (I do triathlons). After training this morning I curled up in my nice warm bed with a coffee and consumed the entire lolly jar- now that's disgusting and I'm feeling guilty now for it.... I'm 171 cm, 54.9-55kg at the moment and usually I start a marathon a steady 53kg... losing the last couple of kgs ALWAYS kill me!!!!

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
tlodg said:
oh and one more thing

cuz that wouldn't work
don't tell anyone irl
I was not trying to lose weight, but I was trying to lose fat and gain muscle. I never tried to tell myself that, but I was keeping it in mind (being more aware of what I was eating and making sure I stick to my exercising regime which has been going on for about 11 months now), and my friends told me that I look taller and asked if I was still growing. I told them "hell no", because I'd hate to think that I was still growing (6ft is enough for me). I concluded that it must have something to do with my exercising, improving my posture. I'd never tell them that I am trying to lose fat because then they'd be "but you're have a great figure! Girls would kill for your figure!" and I hate that.

Oh and I recently bought an exercise bike, and I am using it every day (or every second day). I was only doing weights (and a bit of running) before, and I was afraid of becoming built like a man! Then people would think that I am a cross-dresser!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I have a question:

is it possible to lose weight but not lose weight? Or let me rephrase: is it possible to "appear" skinnier (everyone says you've lost weight) have your clothes not fit you anymore, but still be the same weight you have been for the last 6 months?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
grk_styl said:
I have a question:

is it possible to lose weight but not lose weight? Or let me rephrase: is it possible to "appear" skinnier (everyone says you've lost weight) have your clothes not fit you anymore, but still be the same weight you have been for the last 6 months?
It could probably happen if:

1. You've lost weight, but got taller.
2. You've lost fat, but gained some muscle.

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
I have a question:

Yup. Muscle to my knowledge weighs significantly more than body fat does. :)

A similar reverse is also possible if you loose muscle (eg me in holidaytime realising that "HEY! I lost a kilo in under a week! Oh boo hoo, it's probably muscle loss :( Now I have to work hard to gain it back again...")

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
See that's the thing. I haven't been doing ANY exercise, which is strange for me since I'm such a exercise freak. It's holidays and I've basically spent the last 2 weeks bumming with my boyfriend and eating a lot of crap food lol Which is also strange for me since I do try to eat so well.

But everyone keeps saying I'm losing weight and they're worried and blah blah. Yes my jeans are a bit lose on me, but I still weigh the same I did 6 months ago lol It varies 2 kgs below and above every now and then but that's normal.

It's very strange.

gucci-lozz-babe

HSC
hey every1
im a model n i wanna lose weight.
im not fat or anything but i wanna be super skinny but not anorexic.
any1 whos got tips let me no!!

Always

HSC
gucci-lozz-babe said:
hey every1
im a model n i wanna lose weight.
im not fat or anything but i wanna be super skinny but not anorexic.
any1 whos got tips let me no!!
Aren't you 13? If you diet at such a young age and don't meet your nutritional requirements you will probably stunt your growth and then you will never be tall enough to be a model later on. Trust me.

I suggest you just eat well and exercise.

May I ask how tall you are and your weight?

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Eat well and exercise. Do at least half an hour of moderate intensity physical activity on all or most days of the week.

As Always said, you might stunt your growth if you go on a diet to become "super skinny" (sounds like you want to be anorexic, no offence). You still have plenty of time to grow. I grew even after I turned 16.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)