Loss of motivation (1 Viewer)

SayWut

HSC
i don't know if it's just me, but ever since I started uni my drive to study (compared to that of HSC) has dropped considerably. i mean, i've got two midsems coming up next week and i've barely studied the content, despite having a whole week to do so.

anyone else? =(

SayWut

HSC
i'm doing commerce and so far i'm enjoying all of it (sans accounting) but still 0 drive to study =_=

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, uni is a tough place. You don't get your hand held through it - you have to resolve to yourself to do the work.

For example, I've seen a few James Ruse kids - super smart, 97+ in HSC Maths Extension 1 and 2, drop to 60s and the like in maths subjects at uni. There may be other factors but... you know.

You have to resolve to yourself to do the work. That's the only real advice we can give you.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I had some Mid-sems in Week 6. So... it's just the general time of mid-sems.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
arghhh how can people NOT like accounting? :(

this deeply saddens me.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Yes I have 0 drive.
I also forgot that a break isn't like a school holiday lol, one of my subjects created a task during the break and I didn't check blackboard this whole week. So yeah goodbye easy 2 marks. Fail.

I have 2 tests this week and I'm not close to ready.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
me too except im in 3rd year and still have 2 more years to go lolo what am i going to do

SayWut

HSC
Yes I have 0 drive.
I also forgot that a break isn't like a school holiday lol, one of my subjects created a task during the break and I didn't check blackboard this whole week. So yeah goodbye easy 2 marks. Fail.

I have 2 tests this week and I'm not close to ready.
on a similar note, i didn't realise i had a quiz until literally 30 mins before it was due. although i ended rushing me a 9/10 it was an easy 10 =_=

SayWut

HSC
arghhh how can people NOT like accounting? :(

this deeply saddens me.
fuck accounting man, it takes no skill, just memorising steps and when to put what where

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Everybody loses motivation at some point (including myself). I usually refocus by just doing whatever it is that is distracting me instead. Then when I get bored to that I can get back to work.

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
2 exams coming up, studied for one and accounting fuark, no study yet :(
0 motivation to do jack shyt haha,

JayCakie

HSC
I've got three mid-sems this week.

Starting tomorrow.
I'm so fucked for Stats. I just hope I do really well in my assignment. It has a speaking component I think, and I'm pretty good at public speaking.

I have Accounting tomorrow morning. I wish we didn't have to do accounting. I don't find it very interesting or challenging (not saying it's easy). I really shouldn't have gone to the first 3 lectures. Our first lecturer was so useless and we were just learning the basics. His notes were horrible too.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
on a similar note, i didn't realise i had a quiz until literally 30 mins before it was due. although i ended rushing me a 9/10 it was an easy 10 =_=
Heard about so many of these stories. At least you submitted it and got a great mark for it!
So not used to uni work at all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)