Lost all motivation (1 Viewer)

kepbo

HSC
Something happened when I started this term, it's like a switch flipped and I've lost all motivation. I can't bring myself to do my homework, assignments or assessments until the day that they are due. It's probably because I'm technically in through the early entry for my desired course even then, I thought I wouldn't experience such a drastic change in motivation.

In this long weekend I haven't even done a single piece of work even though my chemistry depth study which I've barely started is due in two days. Honestly, I was a good students with literally top ranks in my first two terms but I've been struggling to do anything school related at school or at home.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

moonsuyoung

eng hater 101
HSC
Something happened when I started this term, it's like a switch flipped and I've lost all motivation. I can't bring myself to do my homework, assignments or assessments until the day that they are due. It's probably because I'm technically in through the early entry for my desired course even then, I thought I wouldn't experience such a drastic change in motivation.

In this long weekend I haven't even done a single piece of work even though my chemistry depth study which I've barely started is due in two days. Honestly, I was a good students with literally top ranks in my first two terms but I've been struggling to do anything school related at school or at home.

Don't worry this happens to everyone once in a while! Make sure to take frequent breaks as it seems as though you are burnt out and take it easy as you have an early entry up your sleeve. You are still a good student regardless.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Whenever I lose motivation, I try to remind myself of my goals. I do so by reflecting on their importance for me as a main driver of my perseverance. Music also helps me regain motivation, as it is a way through which I find inspiration to continue my journey. Your particular case appears to be slightly different given your confidence in receiving an early offer to your desired course, meaning that you technically already achieved your goal as a year 12 student. While this may be the case, I believe that there are still ways through which you can regain your motivation and maintain your performance standard across your subjects. In addition to the ones I already mentioned, you may wish to consider the following elements:
  • While your position across your subjects has been favourable, underperforming in your upcoming assessment tasks/exams due to your current state can increase the risk of failing to meet minimum academic standards, which would ultimately lead to N determinations, placing your subjects at risk. The same (i.e. willingly underperforming) applies to your HSC exams. Of course, this is not guided by your perseverance, but rather by the rules that you need to follow as a year 12 student.
  • Since you plan to attend university, it is important to note that a lack of motivation can have repercussions on your studies, which may be more costly than those at HSC level. Your current circumstances therefore act as an obstacle for you to overcome. This means that if you reflect on the significance of your studies beyond the HSC with the aim of addressing your current lack of motivation, you can reduce the chance of this occurring when you become a university student, equipping you with a more appropriate mindset prior to reaching that stage.
I hope this helps! :D

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Motivation is useless. Develop discipline. Just study something everyday for a set amount of time regardless of what you “feel like” and eventually you’ll start feeling that “motivation” again.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Motivation is useless. Develop discipline. Just study something everyday for a set amount of time regardless of what you “feel like” and eventually you’ll start feeling that “motivation” again.
Damn 💀 bro went straight to the point

Vall

HSC

days off studying are beneficial and more beneficial than saying "I'm gonna study" and then just sitting at your desk doing whatver it is that isn't studying. if you're not being productive then stop lying to yourself and take a break (and it doesn't count as a break unless you leave your desk).
then come back the next day with discipline and study

finding a new motivation will help you study as well. maybe that motivation is to flex in your BoS signature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)