Lost In Translation (1 Viewer)

colosus

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
i really hope lost in translation wins best picture ...and bill murry wins best acotr and scarlett wins whatever shes nominated for ...

it good to see movies that dont have blow something up or be BIG to get nominated ...

even though the situation of the characters is very different to mine im sure many people can identify with what is happening on screen between the murry and scarlett

i hope lotr doesnt win

that makes 2 of us who hope LOTR dont win. scarlett isnt nominated.:( although im gunning for sean penn.to win the best actor

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
i hope the stupid talk show guy wins, he makes me laugh everytime i think of japan

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i watched it today by accident, i really wanted to watch film with Diane Lane(i forgot the name). i asked chinese bloke if diane lane starring in "lost in transl" he said "yeah yeah she does" but she didnt , anyways i really liked that movie and i cried at the end

jims

HSC
when this movie came out over a month ago it was shown in quite a few greater union n hoyts cinemas (i saw it in the city complex) but advertising and stuff was minimal so it wasnt really known by most until the oscars; but by now only the smaller cinemas are still showing it. i think george st n chats hoyts r still showing it tho.
and yeh, lotr is a good movie but it isnt really the best in anything.

colosus

HSC
Originally posted by jims
when this movie came out over a month ago it was shown in quite a few greater union n hoyts cinemas (i saw it in the city complex) but advertising and stuff was minimal so it wasnt really known by most until the oscars; but by now only the smaller cinemas are still showing it. i think george st n chats hoyts r still showing it tho.
and yeh, lotr is a good movie but it isnt really the best in anything.

im pissed cause i watched it in paddington at the academy and know greater unioun liverpool decides to pick it up know. bastards!

Style Bonus

I liked this movie, it was subtle and amusing but succeeds admirably in conveying the whole scope and idea of the cultural gap between East and west

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Macccca
and yeh lotr does not deserve to win over this.
lotr just doesn't deserve to win at all. it's not a movie, it's a battle scene. not that it wasn't a very entertaining battle scene, but movies usually require characters and dialogue.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Originally posted by crazyhomo
lotr just doesn't deserve to win at all. it's not a movie, it's a battle scene. not that it wasn't a very entertaining battle scene, but movies usually require characters and dialogue.
/me starts singing

"you took the words right out of my mouth"

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I see your lotr bias is showing itself again. For a self confessed lover of films, you really don't seem to be trying to provide any legitimate reasons for why you don't like certain films. Saying that the lotr movies are merely battle scenes without character depth or dialogue is rather stupid.

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I see your lotr bias is showing itself again. For a self confessed lover of films, you really don't seem to be trying to provide any legitimate reasons for why you don't like certain films. Saying that the lotr movies are merely battle scenes without character depth or dialogue is rather stupid.
i have no problem with lotr, fotr was a great movie, where the actions of the characters had meaning and purpose. the second two were just eyecandy. the train of thought for the characters was 'well, what does the plot require me to do now'. there was no explanation for anything, they were all just robots doing what they were supposed to

Lundy

Banned
HSC
i have no problem with lotr, fotr was a great movie, where the actions of the characters had meaning and purpose. the second two were just eyecandy. the train of thought for the characters was 'well, what does the plot require me to do now'. there was no explanation for anything, they were all just robots doing what they were supposed to
I honestly can't see this from your point of view :p

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
i thought it had the best and worst of japanese culture, like comparing the monks and the temple with the urbanised japan (and that talkshow guy),
you could argue which bit is the best or worst

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I saw this today and Bill Murray was outstanding. I absolutely loved this film and it's one of very few films of today that are on my favourites list. Sofia Coppola's work is great.

olay

HSC
:) i have the soundtrack!!!!!

how sweet is the end where they hug. :) scarlet johannssen is gorgeous. :)

olay

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
not really if it was predictable ....they would be together forever...and end up in eternal love

if u turn up the volume in the whisper with good headphones on ...i recon it sounds like

i love you ...nothing will come between us...ok?

:( that is so sweet. and really sad. sums up the movie i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)