Lost (1 Viewer)

juggernaut

HSC
Ive got an excursion tomorrow where ive been instructed to meet at the Wentworth building.. could any of u oh so kind ppl give me some directions?
i live down south so obviously i gotta get off at central or something??? and where do i go from there?

cheers

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
get off at redfern and follow the crowd ( ie- head to the left as you exit the station), it will walk through redfern and then will reach uni and u will go up a huge big long set of stairs which will lead you into the wentworth building. Where r u meeting? outside? inside? anyway, at the top of the stairs just before donut king there is a student information desk, so if you cant find where exactly in the building u r supposed to be you can ask there.

juggernaut

HSC
what if theres no crowd!?!
and is that left at the main exit or the other exit just at the top of the illawara line escalators?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
ummm, redfern isnt sophisticated enough to have escalators, and yes, left at the main exit ( there is only one, you wont miss it) and there is always a crowd, always, no matter what time it is, dont stress, its almost impossible to get lost, the walking route is all on mainish roads, not dingy back streets

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by juggernaut
and is that left at the main exit or the other exit just at the top of the illawara line escalators?

i think there will always be a crowd!!!!:p

juggernaut

HSC
ok sweet
also u must know nothing about redfern cos 1. there is escalators and 2. there is another exit :p

Carlito

HSC
ok sweet
also u must know nothing about redfern cos 1. there is escalators and 2. there is another exit :p
theres also an underground platform which most people dont know about

juggernaut

HSC
hence the escalators
thats the illawara line
where im coming from

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by elizabethy
i think there will always be a crowd!!!!:p
uhm... not when tis 7am in mornin... i usually get there around 10 past 7 n there's not much crowd, n most of them catches bus to mascot etc... =p

dun wori, if u arrive any where after 8am, there will be a crowd...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
uhm... not when tis 7am in mornin... i usually get there around 10 past 7 n there's not much crowd, n most of them catches bus to mascot etc... =p

dun wori, if u arrive any where after 8am, there will be a crowd...
there will be a crowd, trust me.
i have 8am starts and stuff, and im always walking from redfern station to the uni between 7.20-7.30 and there are heaps of people

dont worry, just follow the crowd and u will get to usyd.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
well if you are coming from random places! and i dont go wandering around train stations, especially in redfern, for fun. My platform is straight ahead of me as i enter, and we plebs have to use the stairs.

puffkenny

HSC
dude i get off at central (by bus tho). speaking from expedrience, u walk from central along boradway to reach usyd. once u enter the uni, find the straight road that takes u 2 eastern avenue complex, but do not enter it. u just keep walking on the same road until u c a bridge. once u cross the bridge, ur inside wentworth building. if this is 2 vague, just pay a visit down at the Fisher library. I'm sure the friendly staff will giv u proper directions.

Carlito

HSC
If you want to goto wentworth and catch a bus to usyd from central, catch the ones that go via City Rd. The stop is directly infront of the wentworth building under the walkway bridge.

Wyvern

HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
theres also an underground platform which most people dont know about
wow.........im going to look for it tomorrow in my 3 hour break lol

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by puffkenny
dude i get off at central (by bus tho). speaking from expedrience, u walk from central along boradway to reach usyd. once u enter the uni, find the straight road that takes u 2 eastern avenue complex, but do not enter it. u just keep walking on the same road until u c a bridge. once u cross the bridge, ur inside wentworth building.
instead of a 10 min walk, enjoy a 30 minute walk :)

puffkenny

HSC
Originally posted by felix_js
instead of a 10 min walk, enjoy a 30 minute walk :)
haha true, but I wouldn'nt mind buring some 20 extra minutes of calories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)