"Lost". (2 Viewers)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
tabularasa said:
i'll watch it cause one of the buffy writers writes it.
One of its creators, J.J. Abrams, was also the man who created "Alias":).

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC

some reassurance, comming february!
damn why did abc have to put lost on hiatus for christmas. janurary is so far away lol

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
i can't wait, it's so annoying! arrrrgh

channel 7 left something off their ad. first episode on tuesdays 7:30, second episode on fridays 11:30, third episode on mondays 1am. true channel seven programing

routemarker

HSC
felix_js said:
i can't wait, it's so annoying! arrrrgh

channel 7 left something off their ad. first episode on tuesdays 7:30, second episode on fridays 11:30, third episode on mondays 1am. true channel seven programing
lol no i dont think this series will bomb. Its been a massive success and no doubt will be the same right here.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Yeah, the US TV system sucks - shows pump heaps of money into their November and February sweeps episodes, because that's when the ratings are checked and decisions are made about whether or not to renew a show for another season (and also because nobody watches TV between thanksgiving and christmas). So at the end of November, the hit shows will have a big cliffhanger, then go into repeats until February sweeps, where they'll kick of the year with a bang, and then end the season mid year. It's kinda like the weird US school year, which begins/ends in the middle of the year (although that kinda makes sense, with summer and all).

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i saw the preview tonight and thought it looked pretty interesting
reminded me of a more modern gilligans island (i think thats wat its called)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
most shows return BEFORE the start of february sweeps, which is what is a bit suss about lost returning IN february. meh go figure.

Carlito

HSC
Just saw the promo with the plane crash and the guy getting sucked into the engine... I thought it was a movie ad at first.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Lost rocks. :D

It's back on in the US on January 5th. I can't wait.

And Channel 7 might be careful with it, last week's episode had 19 million viewers in the states - that's more people than those in Australia who even own a tv. :eek:

routemarker

HSC
midnight said:
Lost rocks. :D

It's back on in the US on January 5th. I can't wait.

And Channel 7 might be careful with it, last week's episode had 19 million viewers in the states - that's more people than those in Australia who even own a tv. :eek:
but there are 250 million ppl in the US so if it was here it would rate about 1.6 - 1.7million which is brilliant.

It wins its timeslot every week in all demos

I suspect it will show at 8.30 Monday. With weak competition like queer eye and milionaire im sure it will blow them all out of the water.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I'm aware that the US is by far more populated than here, I was just pointing out that, to me, it's an amazing number of viewers.

I'd say Seven will put it at 8:30 or 9:30 early on in the week, depending on what they do with Desperate Housewives and their other new/Aussie shows.

And I know other websites were saying that Lost wasn't meant to be a full series and so they had to film more episodes, but one of the writers said that information was completely false.
There's Kate, Boone, Hurley, Michael/Walt and Jin episodes coming up. :uhhuh:

Last edited:

routemarker

HSC
midnight said:
I'm aware that the US is by far more populated than here, I was just pointing out that, to me, it's an amazing number of viewers.

I'd say Seven will put it at 8:30 or 9:30 early on in the week, depending on what they do with Desperate Housewives and their other new/Aussie shows.

And I know other websites were saying that Lost wasn't meant to be a full series and so they had to film more episodes, but one of the writers said that information was completely false.
There's Kate, Boone, Hurley, Michael/Walt and Jin episodes coming up. :uhhuh:
if you thought that was amazing numbers the finale of survivor season 1 got 50 million viewers. Apprentice 1 got 29 million viewers. No surprise that they can make such high budget shows.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
i think that the promo ad was really good to captivate the audience - it was short and sweet and didn't give to much detail which is what i think will draw in a lot of viewers to this show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)