LOTS and LOTS of Questions? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
Does anyone know where i can get hundreds if not thousands of questions on particular topics in 3u maths? cause that's really what i need. exams aren't that helpful because if i haven't done a topic i have to look around for the questions i know and there aren't that many questions on the one topic.
so does anyone know any books or sites or resources that'll help?
thanks

BLACKdragon

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
excel gives u lots of question... cambridge 3 unit gives u lots and lots of question...

well, I know what you mean... but they're the only two text books i can think of..

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Besides the textbooks, there are: HSC past papers by topic, Succeeding in *topic*. Probably others.

P

pLuvia

Try using fitzpatrick, understanding maths, ask your teacher for extra questions?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
true
fitz got yonks! =.=
and phoenix practice Qs by topic.
very good

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow, you're an early riser, mitsui :D
On topic: fitzpatrick is quite good, excel has some questions, cambridge is good, with the hsc success series, there's a index at the back where it lists all the pages with questions for that specific topic.

YBK

HSC
I just bought HSC pheonix ext 1 and ext 2... they have questions by topic ... same style as past papers.

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
(4U)
yea terry lee is good... cambridge is good but reaally hard ..terry lee isnt easy nor too hard so its good
start with terry lee...
if u find it hard go to fitzpatric...
if u find it easy go to cambridge...

for (3u) fitzpatric is the best and for 2u

YBK

HSC
princessj said:
(4U)
yea terry lee is good... cambridge is good but reaally hard ..terry lee isnt easy nor too hard so its good
start with terry lee...
if u find it hard go to fitzpatric...
if u find it easy go to cambridge...

for (3u) fitzpatric is the best and for 2u
where can you buy terry lee from?

MrFrigid

HSC
Well I get my books from a Basic's skills shop over near the cabbra area. Terry Lee has a place in Yagoona where he teaches and I think sells his books for about $50. Hopefully I can get the book off him in the next month or so, he is at pre-uni strathfield on Wednesday's from about 4.30pm, so if you get there at about 4.20pm you can probably arrange to buy a book from him for about $50.

NightShadow

HSC
lol our head teacher hates terry lee.. cause his shortcut methods apparently aren't proper mathematics lol

Wackedupwacko

HSC
On Topic: heres an idea do EVERY extension question in Cambridge book 1 and 2... if by then your not sick of that book come bak and ill show you some other options... (note some of our maths teachers have trouble with some of the questions so ive warned you)

Off Topic: Well it doesnt matter how you do a question during your hsc (during school it does as your teachers mark them and they will want you doing it THEIR way) so unless they specifically use words like Hence (only hence not hence and otherwise) or Use Blah then you can choose whatever way you want (slong as it works mathematically and you get the right answer). so shortcut all you want... (i mean i will since my tutor has loads of shortcuts on his own... which most seem so much easier than the normal way)

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

If you do MX2 you should do every question if possible, but with MX1 it should be ok not to do all questions unless you are really struggling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)