love, love (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

homegirl16

HSC
SOCIETY & CULTURE

Please take part in this to help me complete my Society & Culture major HSC project for school. I am conducting it to collect answers for my subject area of teen love.
I apologise if any of the below questions offend you in any way, that is not my intention. I do not mean to pry into your personal life, I am just trying to collect information. I do not need to know your name, I just ask that you please answer the questions to your best ability and to the detail you desire. The information you disclose will be kept by me confidentially until the completion of my project, thereafter it will be deleted.
Your time, honesty and effort is appreciated and who knows you might find out something about yourself!

So please email this page back directly to me at society_and_culture_pip@hotmail.com with you answers in the appropriate blank spaces below each question from your own email address.
Feel free to forward this email to your friends to help me get more sources of information, thanks

1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?

3. What country are you from?

4.Are you currently in a relationship? If so, how long have you been in this relationship?

5. How many relationships have you previously been involved in?
-that lasted less than a month

-more than a month but less than 6 months

-more than 6 months but less than a year

-more than a year

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year?

7. Do you believe teenagers can experience real love? If no; how old do you think a person should be before they can experience love?

8. Are you currently in love? Don't know; take the quiz http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/14/blisitlovequiz.htm

9. Have you been in love before?

10.What is your definition of love?

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships; approving/disapproving etc?

12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school?

13.How many of your friends do you think are in love?

14. How many of your friends do you think are in a long term relationship?

15. Do you think there is more pressure to have sex if you are in a long term relationship?

16. Have you had sex in one such relationship?

17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many?

18. Do any of your religious views go against the idea of teenage long term relationships?

19. Do you think you miss out on certain experiences if you are in a long term relationship? Eg dating, going out with friends, schoolwork, family time, work, being alone

20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love?

21. What are your views on teen pregnancy? eg For/against, abortion/adoption/keep

22. Do you know any adult couples who married their high school sweetheart/long term relationship partner? If so, was this marriage a success, how long have they been together after high school?

23. If you are in a long term relationship at the end of high school, do you think you and your partner would do? Eg;
break up after graduation to go your separate ways, stay together, get married, or attempt a long distance relationship if going to different universities, etc?

Thanks for completing my questionnaire.
peace

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
1. 19

2. Male

3. Australia

4.No

1) 1
2) 4
3) 0
4) 0

6. More than 3 months

7. Yes, but the majority don't, even if they claim otherwise.

8. Are you currently in love? Don't know; take the quiz http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/14/blisitlovequiz.htm
That survey was shit. I do drink and smoke anyway, fuck their subtle morality.

9. Have you been in love before? Yes

10.What is your definition of love? Love is sublime, I could not do it justice attempting to define it.

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships; approving/disapproving etc? Apathetic/doesn't mind. So... approving?

12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school? No, that's fucking stupid.

13.How many of your friends do you think are in love? Two that I'm sure off (+their partners)

14. How many of your friends do you think are in a long term relationship? 5 that I can think of (plus their partners).

15. Do you think there is more pressure to have sex if you are in a long term relationship? No, but sex is an important part of any successful relationship.

16. Have you had sex in one such relationship? Yes

17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many? Most, if not all.

18. Do any of your religious views go against the idea of teenage long term relationships? I'm atheist.

19. Do you think you miss out on certain experiences if you are in a long term relationship? Eg dating, going out with friends, schoolwork, family time, work, being alone
Yes, to an extent.

20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love? I don't think there is any set length of time.

21. What are your views on teen pregnancy? eg For/against, abortion/adoption/keep Protection/contraception is cheap, there is no reason this should be a problem. Abortion though, we don't need more teenage parents.

22. Do you know any adult couples who married their high school sweetheart/long term relationship partner? If so, was this marriage a success, how long have they been together after high school? No.

23. If you are in a long term relationship at the end of high school, do you think you and your partner would do? Eg;
break up after graduation to go your separate ways, stay together, get married, or attempt a long distance relationship if going to different universities, etc?
Oh, I've already finished highschool. I broke up with my girlfriend after highschool, but it was completely unrelated to this question.

Last edited:

nandison

HSC
:shy: 1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
female

australia

4.Are you currently in a relationship? If so, how long have you been in this relationship?
nope

-more than a year

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year?
more than a yr or 2

7. Do you believe teenagers can experience real love? If no; how old do you think a person should be before they can experience love?
no and 18 and over

no way

i thought i was , but looking back it was just young love

giving your everything and heart to be with someone, opening up your deepest secrets and getting prepared to share everything !

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships; approving/disapproving etc?
approving , but that it should go slow, not too intimate

12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school?
no , because feelings waver once your let into the real world and you often find a different you , once you mature.

15. Do you think there is more pressure to have sex if you are in a long term relationship?
probably for other people who dont care about here morality , but once you've been set there's no need for second thoughts

nope

17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many?
just 1 i know are !

18. Do any of your religious views go against the idea of teenage long term relationships?
as long as we dont have sex before marriage and we date after 16

yes , your world is already focused on one thing , which kind of has an advantage on you !

20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love?

21. What are your views on teen pregnancy? eg For/against, abortion/adoption/keep
against , however i keep it if i was in the situation , its just a sad thing to see the teen hod of a girl get thrown away !

22. Do you know any adult couples who married their high school sweetheart/long term relationship partner? If so, was this marriage a success, how long have they been together after high school?
yes 2! my friends parents broke up, but my auntys still with her man !

stay together , and see how it goes from there!:p

Trajan

HSC
guys, I thought the op wanted you to email it to her so it could be confidential???

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Oh shit, I'm so embarassed, you guys know I'm not a virgin now!

homegirl16

HSC
hey guys thanks for helping out. you didnt have to email it, i just gave you the option.
peace

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
1.How old are you?
20 in 3 months

2. What gender are you?

Female

Antarctica

Yes, 2 years.

2, High School :eek:

-more than a year

Knowing your partner a lot and more than 6 months.

16, legal age for sechz.

8. Are you currently in love? Don't know; take the quiz
Yes of course :)

Many times, such a whore

sex, communication, oral and rape.

They're fine with it, as long as he isn't poor.

No, too young IMO.

A few.

Quite a few.

No pressure for me.

What?

I don't ask my friends that, too creepy.

No, don't believe in god.

No? Did all that.

12, ask Bill Henson.

Against teen pregnancy, prop abortion for them.

I don't think so.

Probably stay together.

dior1

HSC
N/A
1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
Of the female variety

Australia

Nope

-more than a year

Yes, being together for a while. maybe 1 year +

Yes

Yes, but I'm trying to get over my crush. He is a prick lol

Hmmm

loving someone lol. being with someone and genuinely enjoying the time spent

they dont really say much about it. if i had a bf, they would be all for it, but that wouldn't want me to be a complete slut

eh, wait a few year

yeah

havent had a l/t relationship

yeah. 1

nah

yes and no. you can still do the things, you just need to work around your commitment

less than 6 months

eh, keep it in your pants. abortion only in the worst case scenario

yeah. they have been together for 10 years now and have 2 cute kids.

-

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC

1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
Female

Australia

No

none
none
none
-more than a year
none

Mmm...2-3 years minimum

Assuming that they're a mature couple, they can probably experience it from 16, maybe 17. But that is VERY rare.

No

I don't think so. Just school girl crushes.

That and the word 'life' are not definable in my books.

Long term relationships are all thumbs up.

No, there should be a while for several considerations to be thought out.

One.

None.

No.

No.

None of them are having sex.

Not really.

Probably --- freedom!

Probably wait a couple of months, depending on how long the couple have actually known each other.

Against abortion and against teenage pregnancy. If, however, a teenager does get pregnant but can't handle it, keep the baby but maybe keep it with someone else (maybe a relative?) until she's ready enough in all aspects to take care of it.

No.

Would wait. Probably use university to see what else life has to offer and if he continued to work better for me than anyone else, it would be a sign for an all go situation.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
1.How old are you? 21

2. What gender are you? Female

3. What country are you from? Australia

4.Are you currently in a relationship? If so, how long have you been in this relationship? Yes. 5 years. 2 of them living with him.

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year? For numbers, I'd say a year, but that's for the people around my age bracket.

Yes, but many of them mistake it for something else and do foolish things because of it.

8. Are you currently in love? Don't know; take the quiz http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/14/blisitlovequiz.htm Yes. i mean I live with him, pretty serious.

No

Disapproving

12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school? No. Obviously they're too immature to realise how costly living is.

One. She's married. She's 21 but has been going out with him since she was 14.

Many.

It's not pressure. I think you've worded this wrong. It doesn't go, "oh we're in a long term relationship, I better offer myself to him soon". It's just an expression of love, and by being in a long term relationship, you want to express it.

Yes.

17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many? All of them. I couldn't give you a number, but many, and majority.

No religious views.

19. Do you think you miss out on certain experiences if you are in a long term relationship? Eg dating, going out with friends, schoolwork, family time, work, being alone No. I'm mature enough to balance my life.

20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love? Never.

They're teenagers and aren't ready, therefore they should have an abortion or give it up for adoption.

Yes. My current boyfriend's parents. They were highschool sweethearts, never married though, had 3 children, are still together and still in love.

We started going out at the beginning of year 12. We did all of that stuff; graduation etc and we're still together, living with each other, and very happy.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
Male

Hong Kong

No

-more than a year

A couple of years - forever until death

No, many teenagers *think* they are in real love, only to find that they break up after a few months or so, aftering thinking that they're "not meant for each othe"
Probably when the mind is mature... In university should be alright

I am in teenage love, I guess...

Love before is current love

When you can virtually sacrifice anything for them, and there is no deeper affection for that person

Disapproving: I also disapprove it. Quite ironic, but I am also a teenager; just a foolish, "mature" one

No, because there is a big chance it's out of rush

Quite a few, around...5? Closer friends anyway.

None

No

No

No, none. All my friends are quite conservative.

I have no religion, though I personally think that teenage long term relationships are illogical.

I don't know, probably not

When they have so little reason to love the other person. In terms of time? A couple of months? A year?

Against teenage pregnancy; Although I'm not a Christian, I strongly believe that virginity is a very special thing, and should only be taken by 1 person, and that is your wife/husband.
Abortion- Unwanted babies will most likely be unloved, neglected. I would personally rather not have been born if I found out I wasn't wanted the first place. After all, unborn babies don't even have a mind of their own yet, and they wouldn't feel any physical/emotional pain at all.

Yes, they are my uncle and aunt. They have married, had 2 children, and still married. Don't think they'll ever divorce.

I really cannot comment on this one.

fareezuh

HSC
homegirl16 said:
SOCIETY & CULTURE

Please take part in this to help me complete my Society & Culture major HSC project for school. I am conducting it to collect answers for my subject area of teen love.
I apologise if any of the below questions offend you in any way, that is not my intention. I do not mean to pry into your personal life, I am just trying to collect information. I do not need to know your name, I just ask that you please answer the questions to your best ability and to the detail you desire. The information you disclose will be kept by me confidentially until the completion of my project, thereafter it will be deleted.
Your time, honesty and effort is appreciated and who knows you might find out something about yourself!

So please email this page back directly to me at society_and_culture_pip@hotmail.com with you answers in the appropriate blank spaces below each question from your own email address.
Feel free to forward this email to your friends to help me get more sources of information, thanks

1.How old are you? 15

2. What gender are you? f

3. What country are you from? pakistn

4.Are you currently in a relationship? If so, how long have you been in this relationship? no

5. How many relationships have you previously been involved in?0

-more than a year

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year? marriage

7. Do you believe teenagers can experience real love? If no; how old do you think a person should be before they can experience love? i don't think it has to do with age it has to do with maturity and expectation

no i have a crush but that is different

9. Have you been in love before? no

10.What is your definition of love? long lasting forgiveness and comitment. it's like gradual it's not the trashy love at first sight , love at first sight is like instant coffee the foam fizzles away soon

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships; approving/disapproving etc? they disapprove of bfs bcs they don't want focuss diverted from education

12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school? yes sure

13.How many of your friends do you think are in love? none- it's all a popularity scheme

15. Do you think there is more pressure to have sex if you are in a long term relationship?dk

16. Have you had sex in one such relationship? never been in one

17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many? dk

18. Do any of your religious views go against the idea of teenage long term relationships? religion whats that - the invisible power that stops us from doing stuff

dk

20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love? first date

don't have inter course in the first place duh
but if you have then don't abort it's not the child's fault

22. Do you know any adult couples who married their high school sweetheart/long term relationship partner? If so, was this marriage a success, how long have they been together after high school? yes , 20 years

get married, but i wouldn't date the pressure for intercourse is too high and ppl aren't mature enough.

peace
there

guruj790

HSC
homegirl16 said:
1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
m

australia

1.5 years

-more than a year

8+

yes

yes

no

you know it when u feel it

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships;
approving/disapproving etc?
nonplux; approving

negative

2<x<5

there better be.

indeed

how many friends? >5

religious? pffffff. gay

19. Do you think you miss out on certain experiences if you are in a long term relationship?
Eg dating, going out with friends, schoolwork, family time, work, being alone
obviously

up to them

always keep

yes. one couple: recently had 60 year marriage anniversary + 6 kids. other 25 yrs + 2 kids.

try stay i guess

peace
:)

4unitfreak

HSC
1.How old are you?
Seventeen.

2. What gender are you?
Female.

Australia.

Yes, just over 3 months.

-more than a year

Six months or more.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

That and the word 'life' are not definable in my books.

Long term relationships are all thumbs up.

No, there should be a while for several considerations to be thought out.

Two - with each other.

Two - with each other.

No.

No.

Both - with each other.

No.

Being alone.

Hmmm.... I'd go a few months minimum.

It's entirely the girl's choice.

No.

I'd wait and see what happens.

emobopeep

fght ff yr dmns
HSC
1.How old are you?
2. What gender are you?
Female
Australia
No
-more than a year
1, dating for around two and a half years.
More than six months.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
-
My parents were fine with my LTR.
Um... I don't know. I wouldn't.
Three.
Three.
Probably. Though ideally partners in a LTR wouldn't pressure each other.
Yes.
Yes, three.
No.
Not necessarily, but school work wasn't my highest priority when I was in my LTR.
Before they've been dating for six months or so.
It depends on the person/couple.
Yes, they've been together for about 22 years.
Stay together.

jessyy

HSC
1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
female

Australia

Yes, 1 and a half years

guessing around 7
bout 3
-more than a year

it means being together for an extented period of time.

yes i believe teenagers can experience love.

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/14/blisitlovequiz.htm

Yes im currently in love.

Yes

To be so involved with one person that your world wouldnt be the same without them, its your bestfriend, its your rock, being in love is everything.

my parents approve

Yes i believe so, if its not the right decision its just a learning curve.

only one other person admits it, but i think they all love someone.

just one of my friends.

yes and no. your partner may be accepting of no sex, whilst general views from society is that young people in relationships are going to have sexual intercourse.

yes

yes i believe they are, i think 3 of them are having sex at this time with someone??

nope

Yes you do miss out on a few things, but its all about balance and compromise.

Like under 3 months. its worse when they get engaged after a month.

Im all for womens choice. only the women in the situation has to right to decide.

Yes my parents were 'highschool sweethearts', and theyve lasted like 20 odd years.

I think that we will both compromise for each other.

Last edited:

Friend of Ana

HSC
1.How old are you? 17

2. What gender are you? F

4.Are you currently in a relationship? If so, how long have you been in this relationship? No

-that lasted less than a month Nil

-more than a month but less than 6 months Nil

-more than 6 months but less than a yearNil

-more than a year Nil

>two years

No, I think your late twenties is the earliest you can truly be in love.

No

No

Security, fidelity, liberty

They haven't really expressed their respective opinions to me.

It's entirely up to the couple, but there is a higher incidence of divorce among couples who marry young which puts me off.

None, but they all think they are.

One

Yes.

No.

No, I don't think she is.

No.

I think it definitely impinges on time alone, and schoolwork to a lesser degree.

Again, i think it's up to them but I also think there's a lot of pressure for teenagers to say they're in love in order to make the relationship 'serious' and more morally acceptable.

I'm pro-choice. Ideally the girl should be allowed to make her own decision, with the support of her partner.

No.

I have little faith in teenage romances, so I think we would break up within six months because of all the lifestyle changes that a compulsory after high school.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
1.How old are you? 18

2. What gender are you? female

no

-that lasted less than a month 0

-more than a month but less than 6 months 0

-more than 6 months but less than a year 0

-more than a year 1

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year? more than 8 months

7. Do you believe teenagers can experience real love? If no; how old do you think a person should be before they can experience love? yes, but I also hold that most of them only think they do, especially the <17s

yes

9. Have you been in love before? yes

10.What is your definition of love? God

11.What are your parent’s views on teen love/ long term relationships; approving/disapproving etc? They don't have a problem with it but when I was younger my mother suggested waiting because it's "too early to be pairing off yet"

12.Do you think its okay for teenagers to marry their partner straight out of /during high school? generally not because they're not likely to be doing it responsibly (ie not fucking up their futures) and with full view of the committment they're about to enter into. If they are, that's okay.

13.How many of your friends do you think are in love? A fair few, but then some of my friends are 22+ and married

14. How many of your friends do you think are in a long term relationship? at least 10

15. Do you think there is more pressure to have sex if you are in a long term relationship? Yes

16. Have you had sex in one such relationship? No

17. Do you think your friends in these relationships are having sex, if so how many? Yes. If we're not counting the married ones... 5?

18. Do any of your religious views go against the idea of teenage long term relationships? No. They do go against entering into these relationships irresponsibly though.

19. Do you think you miss out on certain experiences if you are in a long term relationship? Eg dating, going out with friends, schoolwork, family time, work, being alone Sometimes.

20. When do you think it’s too early in a relationship for a teenage couple to say they are in love? 3 Months is too early.

21. What are your views on teen pregnancy? eg For/against, abortion/adoption/keep adoption or keep, depending on circumstances. I would keep it.

22. Do you know any adult couples who married their high school sweetheart/long term relationship partner? If so, was this marriage a success, how long have they been together after high school? Yes, 5+ years.

23. If you are in a long term relationship at the end of high school, do you think you and your partner would do? Keep it going if possible. distance is okay if it was worth putting the effort in.

Thanks for completing my questionnaire. You're welcome

eliseliselise

HSC
1.How old are you?
2. What gender are you?
Female
Australia
No
-more than a year
A year +
I believe that love exists at all ages, the teenage mind is often uncapable of understaing the propensity of alot of life's decisions; hence why this convention may have been established. At such a tender age... many other facets may interfere with their supposed 'love' experience such as peer pressure, bullying, succumbing to the normal etc.
Apparantly not!
Yes.
Like a butterfly!! Hold it too tight, and you will crush it.. dont hold onto it hard enough- and it will fly away [a la corpse bride ;) ]
My parents don't really care- it's my life. But I am convinced that I land towards the more sensible scale of things, and perhaps freedom really does have a way of destroying things.
If they want to... and its what their conscience is telling them to do from the bottom of their heart and deepest part of their soul.. a bit old fashioned though??? de facto all the way.
Dunno.
One.
Well..... no I don't actually! Because if it was "long term" then there would obviously be a sense of yearning on both behalves- and it can't all be satisfied with a bed.
Nope
Yes, one.
No, no, no.
Yes!!! I believe that it can potentially taint your lively young spirit-- young people should be having fun, and studying hard to get where they want to be in the world.
WELL it depends really, because there's many types of love- for example they could be lovers from afar, perhaps! etc
Ehh has the potential to stuff up a life.
Yes, and the male half committed suicide last year
Break up. Sayoonara!!

Cerry

HSC
1.How old are you?

2. What gender are you?
Female

Australia

Nope

Honestly, if it lasts less than a month, it's not a relationship. But sort of 1

-more than a year

6. What does the words 'long term relationship' mean to you? Eg does it mean going out for more than a month or 6 months or a year?I'd say more than 6 months.

The younger ones, no. But by the time people are about 17,18,19, then I think some people can have real love. Other people aren't mature enough to experience real love until they're like, 30

No.

No

Love is when you like someone so much that they can do stuff that annoys you endlessly, or something incredibly stupid, and you keep on forgiving them. It's wanting to see someone for the sake of seeing them, without having any other real reason.
But love and being in love are two different things.

I dunno. At this point, I don't think it really bothers them any more, but I'm pretty sure that it would have been different when was 13

It depends on the people, and how long they've known each other. Some people do it and couldn't be happier. Other people do it, and then really regret it later

I dunno, cause it doesn't really have anything to do with me. But 3 or 4

For some people. It depends which kinds of circles you move in. One of my friends really feels it, but she's the one putting that pressure on herself, the rest of us aren't really bothered.

Nope

I know some of them are. But once again, really not my business

No. But that could be partly because I have no religious views

Some people do. But if you've got a decent relationship, then the only thing you'd miss would be dating, and you should be in a situation where you still have time for all those other things.

Depends on the couple, how old they are, who they are as people. But I really don't think you can be in love within a few weeks of seeing someone

I don't think it's a great idea, but it happens.
I don't really like the idea of abortion just because you were too stupid to use contraception/because you don't want the kid - it should only be an option if the mother or baby is going to be put in danger by giving birth. There's way less kids who need adopting than people who want to adopt, so I think that adoption is a really good option. But if you want the kid, and you think you can take care of it, then keep it. I know one girl who had a baby at about 17, kept it, and she loves her daughter so, so much, and takes good care of her, even though she wasn't really planning on having a kid.

I THINK my aunt and uncle might have - my aunt was only about 19 when they got married. They would have been married for 30 or so years now, they've got 3 kids and two grandkids. So I'd say it was a success.

I won't be in that situation myself, but if I was, then I'd see what happened. I wouldn't be getting married at 18, but I wouldn't break up with someone just because we finished school, either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)