Love & Relationships: The most important advice (1 Viewer)

Kate_J

Wow reading thsi thread has made me realise how fried my brain is after 4 exams in one week!
Gemita is right about the excitement in a relationship generally fading after awhile. Apparently people 'fall' out of love about the 2 year, I mean that is generally when the feelings of 'I can't live without this person' 'I can't eat I'm so in love' start fading, that is when you have to work at love. Of course you still love each other it's just the honeymoon period is gone. I'm not really getting my point across here. But basically at the end of that period lots of couples tend to think it's over, and will generally seek adivce, whether it be from friends of professionals.
Relationships at our age will always be complicated, teenagers tend to stress about little things and look for problems. And of course we will talk about these with our friends or other people, becuase it helps to talk and it's something to talk about.
I've been with my boyfriend for over two years and I love him lots, but part of me still wishes we were in the honeymoon period still, it's exciting!

waitingforwhat

It only fades when we let it. It doesn't have to, and if you can't believe that then you are with the wrong person.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
tia6 said:
I've been with my boyfriend for over two years and I love him lots, but part of me still wishes we were in the honeymoon period still, it's exciting!
break up with him and then get back together

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
waitingforwhat said:
It only fades when we let it. It doesn't have to, and if you can't believe that then you are with the wrong person.
I specifically said it HADN'T faded. But it has changed, and anyone who says that they remain completely knocked out by holding hands after 5 years in a relationship is lying. Or has never been in a 5 year relationship. Of course, being together that long also brings a new depth that you can't get from a day old relationship. It's a trade off, you lose something and you gain something.

To be honest, you don't sound like you've had that much experience if you truly believe that we can just float around and let love blossom. You can keep spouting these cliches but please don't tell me "I'm with the wrong person" just because my beliefs are different to yours. Frankly, you wouldn't have a clue. I found that extremely offensive. I mean how old are you? How much life experience have you had? You honestly think that you can go around generalising about whether people are with the right person or not....I don't know why you think your opinion is so gold but I certainly don't.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
gemita said:
I specifically said it HADN'T faded. But it has changed, and anyone who says that they remain completely knocked out by holding hands after 5 years in a relationship is lying. Or has never been in a 5 year relationship. Of course, being together that long also brings a new depth that you can't get from a day old relationship. It's a trade off, you lose something and you gain something.

To be honest, you don't sound like you've had that much experience if you truly believe that we can just float around and let love blossom. You can keep spouting these cliches but please don't tell me "I'm with the wrong person" just because my beliefs are different to yours. Frankly, you wouldn't have a clue. I found that extremely offensive. I mean how old are you? How much life experience have you had? You honestly think that you can go around generalising about whether people are with the right person or not....I don't know why you think your opinion is so gold but I certainly don't.

She shoots! And she SCORES!!! BOOYEAH!!!

Give me a G...

I'll stop being immature now.

waitingforwhat

gemita, no wonder your mum pays your boyfriend to go out with you. Do you lose your temper with him too, cause you have some serious anger issues that you need to get out in the open. My last statement wasnt directed at you either, so i dont know why you were so defensive. Perhaps you are unhappy. I don't care. I'm not here to fix it.

What's with your repetition of cliche? I've been in love for over 2 years and things haven't changed. That's what i base my thoughts on.

You may now continue to live your insecure life.

And stop pretending you have a boyfriend. It's not cool.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
waitingforwhat said:
What's with your repetition of cliche? I've been in love for over 2 years and things haven't changed. That's what i base my thoughts on.
So you've found your lil niche in love. I congratulate you for your confidence but some others don't have the confidence to ask that special person out or whatever and require some support.

Two years mate, that's a long time. You're lucky that you've been able to sustain such a long relationship for that time without comfort or advice, but some people don't have it as lucky as you... some are people who attach themselves with the wrong people (i mean wrong by those who constantly cheat/hurt and I know a girl that lets her boyfriend hit her) and need as much advice that they can get.

gemita was merely deconstructing what you had said about her relationship - it's what happens in these forums, intellectual discussions where one person deconstructs the other - I guess the HSC has made us do that naturally now. And personally, I'd get offended if anyone stuck a label on any part of my personal life....

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
waitingforwhat said:
gemita, no wonder your mum pays your boyfriend to go out with you.
You may now continue to live your insecure life.
And stop pretending you have a boyfriend. It's not cool.
Oh dear. Waitingforwhat doesn't know how to attack anything I say other than by making meaningless personal insults. If you have a problem with what I say, fine. But if you can't articulate that, there's no need to resort to completely unrelated insults.You can't attack what I say, so you attack me. Uh-huh. Your whole "mature woman of the world, holier-than-thou guru" act seems to have slipped a little. Never mind, we're all guilty of resorting to immaturity sometimes.

When you make a general statement "If you don't believe that, you're with the wrong person", then yes it does apply to ANYONE WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE THAT. Which is me. So I think I can fairly safely say that you were directing what you said at me, because it was directed at anyome who disagreed with you.

This isn't a random outburst of anger, this is me taking offense at your repeated and increasingly self-righteous attempts to tell everybody that your way is right and that everyone who doesn't think so is with the wrong person. I gave you plenty of chances to explain yourself if I was misinterpreting you (see my first post) but you just continued to be even more ridiculous in your statements. I'm very happy with my boyfriend, thank you very much. The fact that I think your conduct on this thread and your views on love are laughable does not make me "sad". Yes, it;s true, people can disagree with you and still actually be happy and fulfilled people. I think you have a serious case of ego. I disagree with you. Get over it.

waitingforwhat

i just realised something. You want me. You've been wanting me from the moment you read this thread. All this time i thought youd been making up you had a boyfriend to put forward an argument, but i just realised it was so you could enhance your image and try and attract my attention. You little schemer, playing hard to get. The old opposites attract trick, and I almost fell for it. ALMOST being the key word there.

nice effort babe. I give it 5 stars.

night

rayeman

HSC
wow, i don't think i've read something i agree more with.

The best thing about falling in love with someone is not knowing what will happen next. That feeling of nervous excitement when you are around them. That unnexpected, yet unforgettable kiss. The hours of conversation where time is lost in words of truth. These things are the best things, and these things are what love will offer, if you let it control you, rather than the other way around.
i couldn't agree more

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea... but when you let love control you allow it to be every part of your being, when it gets taken away, you can be left with a feeling of nothingness :)

rayeman

HSC
but isn't the feeling during being in love that matters? not what you walk away with?

S

Shuter

rayeman said:
but isn't the feeling during being in love that matters? not what you walk away with?
Try telling that to someone who no longer has that love.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Alot of people are driven to suicide, i think you can have a nice feeling while ur going out with someone.. without allowing 'love' to take over your very being...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)