Love & Relationships: The most important advice (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
so you think u really loved someone, and now that they've broken up with you... all you care about is that 'we had a good time'....
I wish i was as tough as you.

rayeman

HSC
it's life. you think you found someone you love, they hurt you. you cry about it, then what? life ends?
you get over it (after about a year and still going) but hey, it adds to the experience of your life right?
relationships go bad, its not uncommon. but that doesn't mean that you won't find someone new. so when you look back, some memories are bad, but there is still happiness that you went through. why look back on those and curse them because you don't have them anymore?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
First you say a few months then you say a year...

That's all fine and dandy to say, but people care. You love someone for a couple of years, spend a whole bunch of time with them.... expect to spend more time with them, look forward to doing things in the future... then have that broken off... it's not as easy as 'hey... it happens to everyone... lets just get on with our life, have a little cry!'.

Almost every man/woman i believe carries deep scars of their first 'true' love.

rayeman

HSC
that is true, i totally agree. but if it's gone, wouldn't you want to take your mind off things? im still hurt, whats the point in me thinking about it? continue the pain rather than to heal?

i'm not saying that it doesnt hurt. that i'm one of the rare cold hearted girls who doesn't care.

but we can't dwell on it forever, can we? the first can't be the last.

rayeman

HSC
yeah. sometimes you can't.
but eventually you won't feel hurt when you think about it. some people don't get over it easily, especially if it was a really deep relationship that lasted a really long time and ended suddenly.

but there will be a day and some people who look back without pain about the happier memories.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
kno... i've talked to guys that are like 40 odd about this kinda thing, and although they're pretty much over it.. they still hold alot of the scars.

rayeman

HSC
maybe.
if it was being cheated on, i don't think the scares will ever leave.
what you say is true, but let's hope that most people do "get over it" and move on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)