Loveless (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
finally clicked with it been listening to over and over 5/5 album no filler better than anything slowdive released which album of theirs should i listen to next? etc.

discuss

Favourite song? mines "to here knows when"!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
oh yay!!
i love "only shallow" and "loomer" played together. beautiful!

the only other album i've listened alot to is "isn't anything" but loveless i think is far superior!!

MBV <3333333333333333333333

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Awesome album. "To Here Knows When" and "Sometimes" are a couple of the most beautiful tracks I've heard to this day

Tremolo EP is also awesome, extended ending to "To Here Knows When" and "Moon Song" are superb, highly recommended if people havent listened yet.

Thread needs more Shoegaze - Slowdive (Souvlaki) and Ride (Nowhere) ftw.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
Get everything...
except The New Record By MBV, This Is Your Bloody Valentine and Geek EP which are in a totally different style. They're okay to listen to for curiosity's sake but not actually that good.

As for stuff that I think is underrated by them, make sure to get these (and if not the whole thing, these tracks):

Sunny Sundae Smile EP - title track and 'Sylvie's Head' (obviously channeling Jesus and Mary Chain but awesome nonetheless)
Glider EP - title track (great especially for all the people who liked 'To Here Knows When')
Only Shallow Promo CD - 'Sugar' and 'Instrumental' (these tracks still wow me. very haunting)

I think my favourite track overall though is 'Lose My Breath' from Isn't Anything.

I have pretty much their entire discog because I went trawling the internet for it about a year ago, so if you can't find anything just ask :D

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
s-p-a-c-e-d said:
Get everything...
except The New Record By MBV, This Is Your Bloody Valentine and Geek EP which are in a totally different style. They're okay to listen to for curiosity's sake but not actually that good.

As for stuff that I think is underrated by them, make sure to get these (and if not the whole thing, these tracks):

Sunny Sundae Smile EP - title track and 'Sylvie's Head' (obviously channeling Jesus and Mary Chain but awesome nonetheless)
Glider EP - title track (great especially for all the people who liked 'To Here Knows When')
Only Shallow Promo CD - 'Sugar' and 'Instrumental' (these tracks still wow me. very haunting)

I think my favourite track overall though is 'Lose My Breath' from Isn't Anything.

I have pretty much their entire discog because I went trawling the internet for it about a year ago, so if you can't find anything just ask :D
yes yes <3

i had forgot about all those - im left with only 2 of their albums at the moment

i recall quite liking geek ep

pete_mate

HSC
i like all kinds of music, alternative experimental stuff,

but i downloaded that "to here knows when" song, and there are no fucking notes!

there's no music there i'm sorry.

i'd love to see the sheet music for that song. The composer probably jerked off a guitar and then fed it through an amp which he electricuted. He then put it through pro-tools and made a crappy drum beat loop in the background.

that's the song

Last edited:

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
Hmm, 'To Here Knows When' really isn't the best thing to hear for someone who's never listened to their music before.

Try these:
When You Sleep
Soft As Snow (But Warm Inside)
Only Shallow
Soon

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
pete_mate said:
i like all kinds of music, alternative experimental stuff,

but i downloaded that "to here knows when" song, and there are no fucking notes!

there's no music there i'm sorry.

i'd love to see the sheet music for that song. The composer probably jerked off a guitar and then fed it through an amp which he electricuted. He then put it through pro-tools and made a crappy drum beat loop in the background.

that's the song
you know i read your comment in the radiohead thread too and have come to the conclusion that you either have no clue, or maybe am just a tad bit confused??

going out tomorrow to get a copy of isn't anything. though i did hear that they got back together again or something to play loveless at that "Don't Look Back" concert series, (y'know, the ones that Slint played Spiderland for) any news on that

icecreamdisco

HSC
a discussion of shoegaze and no one's mentioned medicine's shot forth self living? for shame. if i had to make an 'intro to the genre' compilation, "one more" from that album would probably be the opener. amazing stuff.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
runtlocks said:
Check out Whirlpool by Chapterhouse, Pale Saints are also v. good
runtlocks said:
oh yeah and pygmalion > souvlaki but you need to be in the mood
Thanks for that, Chapterhouse was one band I didn't end up looking into thoroughly so I shall give that album a go.

Anyone give Lush a go? Kind of skipped over them aswell

killyridols

HSC
yeah i like it too, not in my top 20 though. sofia coppola kinda killed it for me
my favourite track is when you sleep

johony

HSC
scribble mural comic journal - a sunny day in glasgow

give that a go. it's pretty MBV-ish and totally not overhyped by pitchfork.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I personally can't stand To Here Knows When, but tracks When You Sleep to Soon is a great way to chill the hell out. Only Shallow is awesome.

For some reason, I can't stand Isn't Anything either. Oh well, Loveless is still one of my heavily listened albums anyway.

But you know what depresses me? These guys are pretty obscure these days, and get confused with My Chemical Romance. You know what's even more depressing? Their names kinda suit each other better - Loveless has been compared to sex on drugs.

pete_mate

HSC
runtlocks said:
you know i read your comment in the radiohead thread too and have come to the conclusion that you either have no clue, or maybe am just a tad bit confused??
what does that mean? that song was like "radiohead's treefingers" most radiohead fans don't like that song, cos there aint nothin' there.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
Dude's right, Treefingers and To Here Knows When are inaccessible as hell (as is Touched), the rest are awesome. Don't let it put you off, you'll get the rest of the tracks easily. The last couple are scarily catchy even if they're blurry as hell.

Think sex on drugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)