Low UAI -___- What now? (1 Viewer)

kido525

HSC
ok i got a uai of 68.55 and im not really happy with it...

Does ne1 know which course would be better off im deciding between the two an Engineering course or perhaps a Science Background i have no clue right now may some one please tell me the PROS and CONS for each and would make my decision much easier

Ne1 doing Engineering and know pathways to get into them if u dont have a uai over the cut off score for e.g UTS requires 75.0 for civil engineering great help would be appreciated ty in regards...

reprise

kido525 said:
ok i got a uai of 68.55 and im not really happy with it...

Does ne1 know which course would be better off im deciding between the two an Engineering course or perhaps a Science Background i have no clue right now may some one please tell me the PROS and CONS for each and would make my decision much easier

Ne1 doing Engineering and know pathways to get into them if u dont have a uai over the cut off score for e.g UTS requires 75.0 for civil engineering great help would be appreciated ty in regards...
What subjects did you do in your HSC and how were your scores? A lot of UTS science courses have pretty tough presumed knowledge and you'd really struggle if you didn't do well in chemistry, maths, and physics.

elitus

HSC
N/A
You've got 4 options:

1) Do a uni course with a low UAI cutoff and take that career or transfer to your desired course. However this can be difficult, seeing as you'll need to score exceptionally well to transfer.

2) Do tafe, yup, the long path to uni.

3) Repeat year 12 at school. Generally this doesn't work well because you feel embarrased and bored. However, my friend score a uai of 69 last year and a 95 after repeating (he was in a good environment).

4) This was intially my backup option. Apply for home schooling and repeat year 12. You avoid embarrasment at school plus you study at your own pace. Why not work a day job and study 4 hours a night? The only catch is that you need self discipline and to be able to learn well from textbooks.

Last edited:

reprise

The course the OP wants doesn't go solely on UAI - there's a questionnaire as well, so there's still hope. Keep it as your first choice, but maybe look at changing some of your other preferences.

3) Repeat year 12 at school. Generally this doesn't work well because you feel embarrased. However, my friend score a uai of 69 last year and a 95 after repeating.
You don't have to do the whole thing. You can repeat units you really need to do well in, but if you're already happy with your marks in those, you might want to choose different courses altogether if your objective is to get your UAI up.

kido525

HSC
Well the subjects i did were
HSC mark
Standard English 74

2 Unit Maths 79

Ancient History 76

Chemistry 70

Physics 70

[Dropped 3 unit maths ]

Final UAI 68.55

And yes i did apply for UTS Multiple Questionaire For Engineering i answered those questions im not sure if it will help me get into CIVIL ENGINEERING which needs a cutoff off 75.0 i know last year their were plenty of vacancies i pray this year i can make it into UTS ....

Right now im considering UWS either doing science or engineering but im not too sure which one ..... >.<
So Choose a course do it for say a year at UWS try to get an above credit avg and seek INTERNAL transfer Too UTS if i dont make it

Has ne1 else applied for Mutiple critera questionaire on UTS engineering and are in the same position as i am please post ur replys :D

reprise

You need to take a look at all the science and engineering courses offered by both universities and see which course outlines will get you heading in the general direction of the qualification you ultimately want to obtain.

Transfers between courses within the same university are often (although not always) easier to obtain than transfers from one university to another. Only you can decide whether you'd prefer to get the course you want at a uni which isn't your first choice or you'd rather go to the uni of your choice even if it means doing a different course.

If you're looking to transfer in the future, then be realistic about how much work it will take to get the marks necessary to transfer to your course of choice - find out NOW from the unis involved whether that's going to entail getting credits or distinctions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)