lower uai's on website (1 Viewer)

Vylen

HSC
If i'm understanding your query correctly...

Universities can choose what UAI cuttoff they want for a course... so of course they can be different between universities...

A high UAI cutoff doesn't necessarily mean a university requires really smart people, but it can be high to reduce the number of enrolments... equally, they can be low to increase the number of enrolments...

Iruka

HSC
N/A
The numbers listed there are just a guide - the actual marks could go either up or down.

The UAI (or ATAR, as it will be this year) for 2009 hasn't even been decided yet, as nobody has done their HSC exams. The cut-off will be decided when they see the marks of the applicants that apply for each course.

HSC
sorry, what i mean is that the uai's quoted are much lower than what they have historically been. why would they say that law is 94, when it obviously will be much higher? anyway, isn't the uai guide for 2009 for students who commence uni in 09?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
sorry, what i mean is that the uai's quoted are much lower than what they have historically been. why would they say that law is 94, when it obviously will be much higher? anyway, isn't the uai guide for 2009 for students who commence uni in 09?
because they can change the UAI

the UAI/ATAR to get into a degree is higher when that degree is in more demand. same happened with pharmacy at csu. it was 92 the year i did the hsc, and the year later it was 80. it just depends on the demand for the degree.

i don't get what you mean by 'obviously much higher'. there is no way to tell that at this stage.

HSC
well i know that the uai to get into degrees is decided by demand and supply. i'm curious to why they would suggest that the uai for law is 94. i know that demand is independent of previous years, but trends would not suggest a massive decline in the demand for law at unsw.

runnable

HSC
OR maybe this is for INTERNATIONAL applicants so CSP places do not apply hence they are about 5 marks lower.

HSC
so it's essentially easier for international students to get in, as they pay more. then why did the get rid of full-fee paying australian students?

joshuaali

HSC
so it's essentially easier for international students to get in, as they pay more. then why did the get rid of full-fee paying australian students?
Because the Australian Government is funding more Commonwealth-supported places - enough to replace all those DFEE places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)