lowest possible english mark to get over 90UAI (1 Viewer)

ashraf91

HSC
same boat as you guys, love maths with a passion but h8 english, id rather die than 2 study for english, but i rekon a 77 is possible like we will need 2 bullshit more to get that mark , after all if we can do 4 unit MATHS we should be able 2 bullshit our way to get 77 in english;) and for the ppl who do 4 unit english, u guys r FREAKS how d hell do u bullshit to a level so high, i personally belive english is BULLSHIT and shoould not be compulsary towards ur uai but is compulsary to study as a subject so at least ppl can speak it and noe how to read and write lol

Last edited:

iEdd

HSC
ashraf91 said:
but is compulsary to study as a subject so at least ppl can speak it and noe how to read and write lol
lol indeed. :)
I agree with your point, but if you type like that, you are just giving people more reasons to make you do more english. Surely it's HARDER to intentionally miss-spell words than to just type normally?

I was aiming for a 70 in english, but now I think I need high 70s to stop my UAI being raped. I think it just takes a lot of practise making your points really really obvious and repetitive to get the big marks. That combined with a band 6 in everything else should reap a reasonable UAI.

orly?

HSC
yea i h8 english too but there's nothing we can do about it:eek:

eddy11

HSC
just out of interest i used SAM and discovered that if i get 100 in all my other subjects and only 1 in english, UAI=95.50!, with the best scaling subjects it goes to 95.55. so best case scenario where we just write our name on the paper, and ace all our other exams is 95.55.

But seriously with good solid marks in maths and science and only 75 in English it estimated 95-98's. makes me feel much better.

Last edited:

eddy11

HSC
im just trying to put a positive spin on it. but yeah i didnt consider averages and stuff. the point is ure other subjects can save you.

ashraf91

HSC
lets hope our maths courses can save our asses from gettin raped by uac

repax

HSC
English is only a good subject for those who are able to spout pompous politically correct bullshit that actually relates the the context of the module undertaken, the ideal answers have no direct answer themselves but actually has an underlying theme that gives rise to the speculation of the existance of an answer, much like how this paragraph works.

Trust the four unit people doing english, it's crazy fun because all you do is create lies, albeit very good structured lies.

hopefully this will help, if not then well you've all been screwed over by english once more.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)