L's, second time around, whats the deal? (1 Viewer)

breaKingUnIqUe

HSC
My L's expired on the day I turned 19, I only had around 40 hours, so was too lazy to get my Ps, Anyways, I'm going to re-do my L's again. Can I carry over my hours/use the same log book (I had most my hours from driving inspectors, i'd be too hard to find them and get them to resign them..).

Do I have to bring birth cert/medicare/bank cards again, Or can I just bring my NSW Photo ID and medicare?

Are the rules still the same in regards to holding Ls i.e 50 hours, 12 months. And how long will I have to hold my Ls for, I don't think I have to hold them for the full 12 months, seeings I've technically had a Learners Licence for 36 months, If, Say, I got 50 hours, was competent enough on the road etc after 3 weeks of holding my unexpired Ls, I could go for them because i've done the hours, held it for the said amount of time. Or all of it didnt count, and its a clean slate all over again?

Thanks

CieL

HSC
I'm not sure about the hours passing over.... when your Ls have already expired.... I think they carry over if you've renewed them before they expire......

Besides that, if you are over 17yrs old, you only need to hold your Ls for 6months. The conditions are still 50hrs. But alot of people do less and fudge the rest. I did 50hrs within 3 months of getting my Ls so it wasnt a problem.... but I never logged it so I scribbled the log the night before ahahhaa.. and it's not like they look at it properly anyway.. they just open the booklet, leaf through 2-3 random pages, then photocopy your details at the back.

Btw, I advise you to do your Ls asap before they impose more laws.. ie. 100hrs [which will take you approx 7yrs to fulfil by the rate you're going].. and they're thinking about restricting new P drivers to one passenger only between the hours of 11pm-5am..

I think they have your details in the system already, so just bring your expired Ls and probably something else [eg. passport] just as a backup. Best to check upon this when you make another booking for your Ls.

But seriously, with the rate you drive, do you think you'd even need your drivers licence? 40hrs in 3yrs?

HSC
i doubt it'll be 100hrs, prob 75. its so hard too pull off 50-75 in a year as it is, then again most ppl forge theirs. i only forged about 10hrs

breaKingUnIqUe

HSC
I live within walking distance of everything, in both homes, So I never had to drive, nor do I necessarily need to now. Those 40 hours are all from driving instructors, I havent really counted ones from parents/sisters. Yeah, reading the new changes, I thought i'd hurry along and get them, for the sake of having them.

They kept my expired license when I got my photo ID.

HSC
ask them at hte counter if you can just move hours over, although i wouldnt be surprised if they dont let you. rta are pricks

CieL

HSC
Casmira said:
i doubt it'll be 100hrs, prob 75. its so hard too pull off 50-75 in a year as it is, then again most ppl forge theirs. i only forged about 10hrs
I just said..... I did 50hrs in 3 months lol..... I pretty much had 200hrs experience when I went for my Ls.. but only wrote 50hrs down..

Oh, should I note that I live in a hole?

CieL

HSC
Put the one down that you're in most of the time.

And if they send you a fine.... pick the address in which the person wont mind you having a fine =]

breaKingUnIqUe

HSC
50hrs isnt a lot in a year, and yes 40hrs in 3 years is pretty lazy and lame, but some people just don't drive like nuts to get hours, and driving, isnt that important.

HSC
CieL said:
I just said..... I did 50hrs in 3 months lol..... I pretty much had 200hrs experience when I went for my Ls.. but only wrote 50hrs down..

Oh, should I note that I live in a hole?
cha, i aint saying its not possible. but you would of had to do about 35min every day for 90 days straight. for alot of L platers, the only time they drive is on weekend when they got driving instructor/parents are free

CieL

HSC
I didnt drive like nuts to get hours..... but driving was important......

Cos I live in the inner west... and my HS and tutor were all on the north shore... The north shore would take me at least 30-40mins drive one way... and I was so dumb I needed the best tutors to help me lol.. oh yes... tutorS... I had two up in the north shore.. so that's at the bare minimum 2hrs spent driving.. and no way I was going to catch public transport if I needed to change at least twice.. and spend more time travelling than learning..

HSC
yer see for me a 15min drive takes me to mortdale or riverwood, from mortdale i can go anywhere along shire/south coast/eastern suburbs/north and from riverwood west/inner west/southern highlands. it took me a while to get a good 50-60hrs

CieL

HSC
Casmira said:
cha, i aint saying its not possible. but you would of had to do about 35min every day for 90 days straight. for alot of L platers, the only time they drive is on weekend when they got driving instructor/parents are free
Yeah true.. I guess I was lucky to have a mum that's a full-licenced housewife..

But even to get groceries they'd get me to drive.. both my parents really encouraged me to drive.. when they go on long drives.. [eg. BILPIN, port whatever..] they'd want me to drive.. cos they're too lazy, and they know I'd enjoy mountain roads..

CieL

HSC
Casmira said:
yer see for me a 15min drive takes me to mortdale or riverwood, from mortdale i can go anywhere along shire/south coast/eastern suburbs/north and from riverwood west/inner west/southern highlands. it took me a while to get a good 50-60hrs
AHA.. I was born in Mortdale =]

Well.. public transport is a big boo for me..

My closest train station is either clyde or eastwood... and they're not connected to anything... I cant even get to circular quay or the northshore without changing trains =.=

breaKingUnIqUe

HSC
Eastwood train station has heaps of buses at the train station that take you to chatswood/circular quay/city/parramatta/epping.

HSC
CieL said:
AHA.. I was born in Mortdale =]

Well.. public transport is a big boo for me..

My closest train station is either clyde or eastwood... and they're not connected to anything... I cant even get to circular quay or the northshore without changing trains =.=
lmao mortdale, only station i will park my car at. if i park it at riverwood ill come back too find an empty chassis after a day at work

CieL

HSC
breaKingUnIqUe said:
Eastwood train station has heaps of buses at the train station that take you to chatswood/circular quay/city/parramatta/epping.
And they come everyyyyyyy....?

Plus I gotta drive to the station.... and by 8:30am the cars would be parked about two streets up the road.. like wayyyyyyy up the oval area..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)