Lss 2005 (1 Viewer)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Okay, everyone, who's doing Latin Summer School this year at Syd Uni, and if so, which class are you taking?

This is going to make me sound like a sheep, but I only did 3B because my "friend" told me to, and I trusted my "friend"'s judgement. I heard people going into year 11 next year are meant to be doing 2B, although I know several who are doing 3A. In fact, I know HSC girl who will be doing 3A, and she topped the Latin class at our school. Which really makes me feel great **sigh**

And is it my imagination, or is Cicero a lot harder than Eutropius? At least five times?

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
I'm also doing 3B this year!

I did 3A last year (when I was going into year 12) and it worked out really well because they still cover grammar topics (as opposed to 3B). They actually split the 3A group into two so that one group was just HSC students. That said, some of my friends did 3B and they didn't find it too hard...

I haven't looked at the readings yet. :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
greeninsanity you post-HSC crazy latin person. CRAZY I SAY. :D

i went to LSS 2003 (where i saw that cutecutecutecute asian latin girl from st george *drool*)

and now i'm in UTS LSS Council 2005 (hehe. LSS = Law Student's Society).

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Frigid said:
greeninsanity you post-HSC crazy latin person. CRAZY I SAY. :D
Haha, and I have two post-HSC friends coming with me!
I have some reason for going (other than the fun!) because I'm going to do latin at uni... :)

zhongie

HSC
Ok. You're officially crazy. Dexter Hoyos is weird, man.

woogie

HSC
Hey, I'm going to the Latin Summer School too!!! My whole class of four is coming, I think we're doing 3B, the end of my booklet has Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone in Latin. Very Weird, of all the languages to publish Harry Potter, why pick Latin? So few people can actually read it.

Anyways, hope to see you there.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I actually OWN Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis. And, from year nine I could understand it...not because I was a genius at Latin, but because I had memorized the English version...sad as...

but...**is confused** how come the end of mine doesn't have any HP?

P.S. I reckon I find it hard, cause I'm only going into y11 next year **kicks and screams at misinformant friend**

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
omfg all you kids are nutsnutsnuts... i think my class did 2B (?) at the beginning of year 12... can't remember... but the one that helped us revise HSC..

hehe latin texts... go Winnie Il Pu!

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
how come the end of mine doesn't have any HP?

P.S. I reckon I find it hard, cause I'm only going into y11 next year **kicks and screams at misinformant friend**
My booklet doesn't have Harry Potter either... weird.

And if you don't want 3B, you'll be able to change when you register on the first day. If you've already done work on the readings though, you should just stick with it. :uhhuh:

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
woogie said:
Hey, I'm going to the Latin Summer School too!!! My whole class of four is coming, I think we're doing 3B
Hey! Were you in 3B this morning?
I met stella8h8chang today, so now I want to know who you are....

woogie

HSC
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm actually in 2B. Its rather fun, we did Roman Epitaphs today and then we did the great Cicero. The tutors gave us a surprise by cooking us cookies and a chocolate tart which, were absolutely scrumptous. Did you go to the Aeneid talk by Miss Matters? It was pretty good, and it gave a good insight into the underworld scene of Book 6.

Hope to see you there tomorrow sorry about the mistake with the classes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)