M*a*s*h (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Call me old school but I love this show despite how old it is, it's still a funny and brillant show to watch.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
Gone off Mash. Still good to watch, but gets boring rather fast nowadays.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
They keep repeating the last couple of seasons which annoys me. I mean they never show the first few.

musagha

Premium Hero!
HSC
I got fox classics.. For not tooo long but yeh.. they start from begining and keep going. 2 episodes a night weekdays

Empress of All

HSC
i love m*a*s*h i got the dvd box sets & that keeps me goin'. It also means that i can watch from season 1 to the end which makes me happy.

cccclaire

HSC
yeh, M*a*s*h is pretty awesome.
We have a few of the seasons on DVD, but generally I don't get round to watching them, I mainly just watch it when its on TV.

Gilbert2

HSC
Mash used to be good. The new eps are just shit

Empress of All

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
Yah. But the one's with Major Winchester in it cos Major Burns got transferred.
ohh honey you're a bit behind the times there, those episodes have been shown and re-shown for at least 15 years.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Redbeard said:
Did you know that the Mash series went for longer then the actual Korean War.
Apparently they helped people get through the Vietnam war.

The first three seasons of MASH are the best. Trapper McInytre was far better than BJ Hunnycut. Colonel Blake was great but Potter was annoying. Frank Burns too was fantastic whereas Winchester just bored me really.

And of course, Hawkeye was legendary.

As you can probably sum up, each time a major character was replaced the series went down hill a little more until, by the time Radar left the show, it was kind of repetitive.

And the continuation errors are glaring when you think about them. The Korean war went for two years but the series for eleven seasons. The first three seasons take place in the first year and a half of the war, therefore the last eight must take place in six months. Later on the writers just ignore this completely though.

Anyway, I do believe MASH will always be a classic.

Final thing: 80% of America watched the farewell movie, making it into the Guiness Book of Records.

Redbeard

HSC
I actually meant that the time in the show was longer then what the actual war went for. The actual Korean War went for about 2 years, while in the show it went for around four years.

Farmers08

HSC
Mash is one of thee best shows... one of the best... i have it admitt i am a dork and have all the sesons on DVD... its shameful but i love mash...

Nostrum

HSC
I recently took the time to rewatch the whole entire series, and my GOD it was worth it.
I watched an average of 10-12 episodes a day. Hahaha.
I had no life for about three or four weeks.
And then when I came back to being social, I kept making comments and quotes from it, and nobody understood. =( How sad.

I'm fairly certain I drove my whole family batty with the themesong, too.. Hah.

The thing that makes me the saddest is my brother got through ten seasons and then gave up.
So, so close to the end.
How can you do that! You can't watch something for that long and give up when it would take you only another.. week or two to finish up.
I even offered him an injection or two of Black Books to change his atmosphere, but nooo.

Last edited:

stirred-martini

HSC
im totally mash. i have seen and got season 1,4,5,6,7,8,9 out of the 11. mash is the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)