M/c (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i've always seen threats as things which could happen in the future... leading to losses in strength, opportunities and gains in weaknesses lol

The increase of rent is an uncontrollable factor... however i would call POSSIBLE additional increases in rent a threat... and high rent as a weakness.

Acid

HSC
I was taught that external is a opportunity/threat ... and internal is strength/weakness

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
how is the increase in rent a threat if it's already happened?
perhaps further increases in rent could be a threat... i dunno.. its times like these i wish i was a friend with one of the markers lol

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
i dont see how it cant be a weakness

dezzy

HSC
if threats are something that can be avoided or minimised then why dont they just bloody move to a cheaper rent shop!!!! lol

BlindGuardian

omg its so weakness its not funny....if u got ur arm ripped off it wouldnt be a threat to u it'd be a fuking weakness cos its ALREADY HAPPENED AGH!!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i'm with u.. i almost can't believe people claiming that it's a threat,
i understand that threats are usually something 'external' to the business, however you cannot have a threat that has already happened... just as you cannot have an oppurtunity that has already happened.

Acid

HSC
I don't know what you guys are on about with this "already happened" bullshit. An increase in rent (this is what it says in the question) is not under the control of the business (because it's an external factor), and therefore it's a threat.

superbird

HSC
i put threat. i believe the answer is now weakness.
after reading the question it is difficult to determine whether the event has already occured or will occur. but "situational analyisis" infers that its happening right then and there. if it was a forecast then it would be threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)