M.i.a (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
who else seriously thinks arular was fucking amazing, while kala is fucking average as fuck.

bamboo banga is ok, but her voice gets fucking annoying during the hook

birdflu is shit, im all for being different and creative with beats but this is ghey. had potential if she made a few changes. like if the birds fucked off.

boyz is well, awesome but isn't as good as galang

jimmy is shit

hussel is good :eek:

mango pickle down river is a really good beat, but the stolen generation kids are annoying, i hope they get molested.

the other songs up till XR2 are average

XR2 is the 2nd best song on the album but i can see it getting annoying like boyz did.

and then the best track is 'come around' with timbaland, she sounds cute in it too :eek:

she should have replaced the shit tracks with the tracks she did with three six mafia, and hit that.

Last edited:

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
lol @ mango pickle .. I think the beats in this one hit alot harder thats for sure, I'm more of a fan of the vocal effects on $20 and the track Paper Planes .. XR2 the only line I can hear is her asking me wtf I was in '92.

Jimmy was alright at first, kind of wearing off its novelty appeal now .. same story with Birdflu. Down River (not the mango one) has an awesome beat, really digging that - but yeah yet to decide whether or not i'd take them over tracks like amazon or something .. meh

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i've not actually heard kala :eek:
she's playing at the forum on sept 28, i'm not sure whether i should go but maybe i need to be listening to more before i decide!

RedTape

HSC
Love it.
Only heard a few songs, though. But from what I've heard, awesome.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
if she didn't support the LTTE through her music so much i'd probably like her more.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
who else seriously thinks arular was fucking amazing, while kala is fucking average as fuck.

bamboo banga is ok, but her voice gets fucking annoying during the hook

birdflu is shit, im all for being different and creative with beats but this is ghey. had potential if she made a few changes. like if the birds fucked off.

boyz is well, awesome but isn't as good as galang

jimmy is shit

hussel is good :eek:

mango pickle down river is a really good beat, but the stolen generation kids are annoying, i hope they get molested.

the other songs up till XR2 are average

XR2 is the 2nd best song on the album but i can see it getting annoying like boyz did.

and then the best track is 'come around' with timbaland, she sounds cute in it too :eek:

she should have replaced the shit tracks with the tracks she did with three six mafia, and hit that.
The CD has lost a little bit of its appeal to me but I think that's only because I played it about a billion times. But still, I think there's only one bad track and it's the one you think is the best so...:confused:

What do you think of World Town and Paper Planes?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i was obssessed with arular for ages but im not disappointed with kala. I like how its such a different sounding album. She said that Arular was named after her dad and Kala her mum so theyre set up to be different to eachother.

The two tracks you like the best Chris, are done by Diplo who did Arular haha.

The only song I really dont like is the turn - track 9. Come around isnt awesome, but i can normally stand it until timbaland comes in.

I like artists who bring out new sounds but still manage to create a sound that you can pick out as that particular person, imo theres a fine line between doing something different and losing so many fans because its not "typical" M.I.A. and bringing out the same sounding stuff to keep fans at the risk of not trying something new..

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I completely disagree. I liked Arular, but I think that Kala is WAY better.

The best songs on the album are World Town, Paper Planes, BirdFlu, 20 Dollar and Mango Pickle Down River.

I think there are only two bad songs on the album - Jimmy and Come Around.
Though I think you should listen to the album a few more times before you make your final decision. When I first heard it, I didn't like it as much as Arular, but after a few more listens I now know that it is much better.

*puts the album on repeat*

All I wanna do is *bang bang bang bang* and *cash register* take ya money!

Last edited:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
biomic said:
lol @ mango pickle .. I think the beats in this one hit alot harder thats for sure, I'm more of a fan of the vocal effects on $20 and the track Paper Planes .. XR2 the only line I can hear is her asking me wtf I was in '92.

Jimmy was alright at first, kind of wearing off its novelty appeal now .. same story with Birdflu. Down River (not the mango one) has an awesome beat, really digging that - but yeah yet to decide whether or not i'd take them over tracks like amazon or something .. meh
They stuffed up the track names on the album, "Down River" is meant to be "World Town".

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Martyno1 said:
I completely disagree. I liked Arular, but I think that Kala is WAY better.

The best songs on the album are World Town, Paper Planes, BirdFlu, 20 Dollar and Mango Pickle Down River.

I think there are only two bad songs on the album - Jimmy and Come Around.
Though I think you should listen to the album a few more times before you make your final decision. When I first heard it, I didn't like it as much as Arular, but after a few more listens I now know that it is much better.

*puts the album on repeat*

All I wanna do is *bang bang bang bang* and *cash register* take ya money!
listened more than enough times bud

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
chris you are dead to me!
this album is so freaking good. except i hate hate hate come around
fucking timbaland fuck off

the only thing bad with this album is that ive listened far too many times :eek:

i love jimmy for its trashiness
love world town, paper planes, $20

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
oh mellimoo :( <3

it's nothing compared to arular, imo. :eek:

timbaland is awsm, cept lately with his a\whole being shit phase and all, he went downhill when aaliyah died.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
finally listened! i love bird flu the best, and boyz and paper planes
it's certainly different to arular but not bad at all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)