• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

mac course (1 Viewer)

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
can someone please tell me, how the following courses are|:
1. bach of applied finance
2. bach of economics
3.bach of commerce

tell me how the course is, are the tuts big/small. are there lots of ladies there? how are the tutors/lectures, are they pricks.
are there facualty parties, or gatherings.

let me know.
currently i'm a 1st yr uni student studying bach of business at acu. and i wish to transfer. so let us know people

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
notnownotever said:
can someone please tell me, how the following courses are|:
1. bach of applied finance
2. bach of economics
3.bach of commerce

tell me how the course is, are the tuts big/small. are there lots of ladies there? how are the tutors/lectures, are they pricks.
are there facualty parties, or gatherings.

let me know.
currently i'm a 1st yr uni student studying bach of business at acu. and i wish to transfer. so let us know people
there are a few ladies in the EFCS degrees...like econ had a few good ones, stat170 i think everyone has to do that so yeh, acst101 is pretty good also ;)
And you will meet chicks from other degrees anyway, so it doesnt matter so much...chicks are mainly in psych (;)); law; ling (;)); soc (;)); anth (;)) etc

tutes for acst101 are pretty much normal-large class size, im assuming the same for stat170...econ110 wasnt too big a tute, econ111 is a mini lecture basically...

Lecturers and tutors...
Econ110...pretty good lecturers they had a few...
Tutor: Alex...knows his stuff...bit arrogant

Acst101...Westcott...feel sorry for the guy, not a bad bloke...but has a droning voice and can be very boring (subject material doesnt help him much either)
Tutor: Arthur Dann - yeh hes ok...

Accg105...lecturer - absolutely hopeless...in my opinion one of the worst lecturers of all time...reasons: couldn't articulate or express herself clearly...2 hour lectures, its a torture, i dont think many people have ever stayed for more than 1 hour...
Tutor: Egmont...poor old guy feel sorry for him...ryan-cck was such a slack bastard to him :)p) he means well, and u can easily get your way...he was intially strict with attendance, then he jsut couldnt care less after a while...

Econ111...lecturer = McHarg = GOD...this guy is indeed a gun...knows his stuff and is a very good lecturer the best i had in first year for sure...if u jsut go to his lectures and actually take notes, you'll probably succeed in this unit (disclaimer: not a guarantee...)
tutor: umm i was officially enrolled in Brian Chu's tute (this guy tutors basically everything :p) nice bloke, dedicated, but some people dont like his apparent arrogance...i didnt mind him at all...
I went to McHarg's tutorials because yeh he's very good...

Im nto sure about ur stat lecturers, i didnt like one of my ones, and umm my comp lecturer was ok, my maths lecturer (nb u wont be doing maths)- one of them was an absolute prick...

you'll be doing different stat and comp to me...

parties and the such i think are arranged by the clubs and societies...not too sure about this one...

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
thanks, i'm a first yr uni student. i did a bach of business at acu. and i hope to transfer.
wat are the course u do 1st do.
cause i can apply for credit.
courses i did
accct
econ
stat
market
info
ethics}
law

thanks, for the info. if i transfer, i'll use it quite well
:) :) :) :)

Tabris

HSC
Chances are all those three degrees will have the same 1 st year core units i.e.

ECON110
ECON111
STAT170
ISYS123
(best to choose this, its the easiest)
MKTG101
BBA1xx
ACST101
ECON141

ACCG100 and ACCG101 or just ACCG105(if u absolutely hate accg coose 105)

These are basically ur unit options for 1st year for those 3 preferences, i did the ones in bold. U will have excellent lecturers for ECON110 (WHitehead and Turnell). ACCG100 and 101 u will have the deupty-chariman of CPA AUstralia, Alex Malley. U will have Frank for ISYS123, excellent guy, good humor makes us laugh like Alex.
FOr ECON111 u will have Mcharg most likely, excellent lecturer, knows his stuff very well, makes good jokes.

FOr the tutes, they are big since 1st year is mostly core units, ur looking at around 20, and chances all all your tutors are Asian and some with dodgy english. The lectures reange anywhere from a full 500 people lecture to about 100-150 in large room (coz everyone jigs eventually) to about 50-100 in a medium size room

As for the ladies, u have to speak perfect cantonese, mandarin or shanghai to get along , most of them are fobby asians who mostly have dodgy english. There are a few good ones, but chances are, u missed out, which means u better start hanging around the PSY, SCMP and HIST and AHST departments (consider yourself lucky PwarYeux, asylum and phoenix) and dont hang around IT and ICT departments (ask dotty why :rolleyes: )

The demographics are mostly asian, ranging from 90% asian in ECON141 to about 50-60% asian in ECON110 and most accg students are asian, in fact i think more than half of the entire ECFS students are asian,

All elctureres are good and some can send u off to sleep, its mostly the content not the lecturer, they are firendly on a one on one basis if u need help with something and provide regular advice over forums.

The workload is simple, if u take the right steps and do the hour they tell you correctly (no one i know does this), u end up doing very well, but if u go half ass and still put some heart into your work a credit average is obtainable in ECFS department, distinction average is harder to achieve and something that is very very very commendable to achieve, i think theres a small handful of those ECFS students here who have achieved it.

As for gatherings, there are special barbecures with only ECFS students invited or those in your unit. these gatherings involve free BBQ and giveaways during days like Easter and special days, not to mention ECFS society students gets a harbour cruise or something.

Hey Supra, i can picture Westcott as a turtle head, i also had arthur dann, nice guy to help u with the problems and theres something else that is hinted in his voice and t shirts, but overall hes an excellent tutor ver generous witht he marks to the class

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Tabris said:
Hey Supra, i can picture Westcott as a turtle head, i also had arthur dann, nice guy to help u with the problems and theres something else that is hinted in his voice and t shirts, but overall hes an excellent tutor ver generous witht he marks to the class
BAHAHAHA omg i said the same thing!!!! It was particularly funny when he chose to wear green one day :p
LOL totally agree with u about arthur dann..hints indeed ;)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hey man since when was I slack to Egmont, I had so much fun handing in my "copied down in class" tutorials and pretending to ask questions out of interest even though I had no idea wtf I was asking ^^

seriously accounting was the most fun tute ever simply becoz of all his serious and our lack of study making us lost whenever he talks... yet we still nod our heads and pretend we've done our work =D

if you actually do ur work I guess he's a pretty good tutor... if not.. then you've got to find ways to entertain yourself like me and Supra did ;)

as for 101... bahahaha the only good thing about going to lectures was because there were some decent ladies in there... *nudge* ;) westcott remembers supra very very well... getting kicked out of lectures what a badass =D

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
hey man since when was I slack to Egmont, I had so much fun handing in my "copied down in class" tutorials and pretending to ask questions out of interest even though I had no idea wtf I was asking ^^

seriously accounting was the most fun tute ever simply becoz of all his serious and our lack of study making us lost whenever he talks... yet we still nod our heads and pretend we've done our work =D

if you actually do ur work I guess he's a pretty good tutor... if not.. then you've got to find ways to entertain yourself like me and Supra did ;)

as for 101... bahahaha the only good thing about going to lectures was because there were some decent ladies in there... *nudge* ;) westcott remembers supra very very well... getting kicked out of lectures what a badass =D
lol poor eggy :p You made him feel speshul i guess, when you kept asking questions and pretended to be interested in his long, boring and totally random answers...

lol yeh hes ok i guess...

lol nudge indeed ;)
I didnt get kicked out i swear! All he did was like put me on the spot and said "arent you the guy that ruins my 12 o clock lecture" lol I've never ever got kicked out of a lecture...oh wait...Math133 when Bon fukn climbed up heaps of steps in like 20 seconds (you shoulda seen it, it was quite a feat of athleticism) and kicked me out personally...

excuse the random post :p
Good luck with your transfer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)