Mac Uni ->Macquarie Group (1 Viewer)

fire_fly

HSC
Hey,

Please help me settle a discussion with my friend. He says that Macquarie Uni is linked with the Macquarie Group and therefore has better employment prospects than a Go8 uni in the areas of commerce or economics.

I say the names are just coincidentally the same.

the truth?

Spik3balloon

HSC
They just happen to both be named after Lachlan Macquarie, an early governor of the colony of NSW.

There is no link.

fire_fly

HSC
Sweet thanks, okay in the same discussion its kind of Macquarie Vs. UQ for B.comm/B.econ

Good uni guide says UQ has better employment prospects for accounting, but macquarie has better employment stats for economics.

I say if you its macquarie vs. uq on the grounds of stats/reputation/ranking you might as well ditch uq and macquarie and make it ANU vs UNSW.

Do you reckon there really is THAT much of a difference in your chance of getting a job between different Go8 unis?

Tabris

HSC
Your employment prospects depends on your grades, extra curricular activities, work experience, personality and confidence. A confident HD average student from UWS with spectacular extra-curricular/work exp activities can beat a mediocre <insert uni> student in any job/intership.

In a course such as accounting, university/institution does not matter - both degrees fulfill the pre-requisites for the next step in your accounting career i.e. initiating your studies for CPA/CA qualification

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)