Macbeth BOdy (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
So, I have to write a body paragraph based on the following thesis statement (practice for inclass): The idea of the domineering male in the patriarchal society of the Elizabethan era is challenged with the female empowerment of Lady Macbeth who physiologically scars Macbeth to drive his ambition for power.

In this case should I have one piece of evidence (quote) for the three different topics discussed in the thesis statement:
-The idea of the domineering male in the patriarchal society of Elizabeth Era
-Female empowerment of Lady Macbeth where she exploits Jacobean views on gender roles and exploits them in an attempt to drive Macbeth's ambition, ultimately pursuing her own goals
-Physiological scarring of Macbeth due to drive of ambition (ie. character deterioration)

Or should I have three different pieces of evidence which all include all three of the points above (not sure how I would structure this)

Basically asking if I should always have sub ideas or if it is specific like this question just have evidence for the main thesis statement idea

PikaAnime123

HSC
The way I've interpreted the question is that you're arguing that the "domineering male in the patriarchal society of the Elizabethan era is challenged with the female empowerment", and I would think of that as the main thesis idea that you should build up on in each of your paragraphs. With this question, it seems like they want you to take on the argument of "How the Female Empowerment example of Lady Macbeth's physiological manipulation pushing Macbeth to drive his ambition for power is challenging the domineering male in the patriarchal society of the Elizabethan era", and then to prove this argument is true with evidence from the text.

I don't think they would ask you to consider all of the three different topics discussed in the thesis statement. You could probably link it to your argument, but it's always best to have only one main idea that you want to persuade is true and build the argument up as you go further into your paragraphs. You probably wouldn't have time to write about all the different topics discussed under circumstances with time restrains. Also the more topics you have the more complex your paragraphs could become. Simple is best as they say. Sorry if this didn't answer your question, but I think someone else could clarify in more detail better than me...

agilebeast0114

HSC
The way I've interpreted the question is that you're arguing that the "domineering male in the patriarchal society of the Elizabethan era is challenged with the female empowerment", and I would think of that as the main thesis idea that you should build up on in each of your paragraphs. With this question, it seems like they want you to take on the argument of "How the Female Empowerment example of Lady Macbeth's physiological manipulation pushing Macbeth to drive his ambition for power is challenging the domineering male in the patriarchal society of the Elizabethan era", and then to prove this argument is true with evidence from the text.

I don't think they would ask you to consider all of the three different topics discussed in the thesis statement. You could probably link it to your argument, but it's always best to have only one main idea that you want to persuade is true and build the argument up as you go further into your paragraphs. You probably wouldn't have time to write about all the different topics discussed under circumstances with time restrains. Also the more topics you have the more complex your paragraphs could become. Simple is best as they say. Sorry if this didn't answer your question, but I think someone else could clarify in more detail better than me...
That's detailed answer, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)