Macbeth Speech Help!!!!! (1 Viewer)

alan7948

HSC
At our school we are currently assigned a speech to do on Macbeth Retold. I just wanted to do make a few quotes from the play and was wondering how you quote in a speech. I was told that you say "Quote" and "Unquote" at the start and end of the quote but i have numerous quotes within a sentence. I thought that it would be a bit 'off-putting'.

Any other suggestions as to how i could do this?
Any suggestions much appreciated
Thanks!!!

alan7948

HSC
hscsubjectstodo said:
i know! that's so off-putting

what i do is just say around the words of "this is evident when in Act x Scene x Macbeth states "blah-blah-blah", and it's in the analysis of this quote that we can truly undermine" and so-on so-on

it's more professional and sounds a lot better - trust me, english is one of my strongest subjects (but remember to use the right intonation before and during the quote!)
hope i helped
thanks!!

it does sound more proffesional that way

alan7948

HSC
how about quoting from the film? where there aren't any acts or scenes?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Your should simply change your tone, voice, whatever to demonstrate to the audience that your speaking a quote. Unless your doing a monologue, the audience is going to pick it up pretty quickly when you switch to Shakespeare anyway.

what i do is just say around the words of "this is evident when in Act x Scene x Macbeth states "blah-blah-blah", and it's in the analysis of this quote that we can truly undermine" and so-on so-on
Yeah this is what I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)