MacBook Air (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
When they make a notebook as thin as that one that is actually useable (eg. CD/DVD drive, faster hard drive, more ports) and not ridiculously overpriced I will be impressed.

Anonymous1

HSC
回复: MacBook Air

Yeah, the smaller hard drive is running on the SSD technology. Samsung are pretty big on them, and apparently they are supposed to be faster and less noisy?

Meh, still not worth the price difference IMO.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Give me a price drop and a cd/dvd drive and I'm there (as with iamsickofyear12 - I didn't notice that the cd/dvd drive was external and optional until your post, it's a given these days! Not as impressed as I first was)

dt673

HSC
wow..... i'd be worried about snapping that thing typing.

HedgeMaster

HSC
I reckon in theory it sounds good, but it is stripped wayy too much of the essentials (no opitial drive and ethernet port shited me the most), if it was like $800 or sumthing, then i would consider the concept, but its way 2 overpriced. Apple r killin followers with a shoddy thang, hopefully the next few days of macworld will be more fruitful, cmon new macbook pros!!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
When they make a notebook as thin as that one that is actually useable (eg. CD/DVD drive, faster hard drive, more ports) and not ridiculously overpriced I will be impressed.
Gee, hard to impress?

Personally, i think its quite astounding that Apple has managed to build a laptop that thin and yet run at that kind of speed (not very fast, but still). You'd imagine that heat would tend to be a problem when building a computer with parts that close together, so it would've taken so real problem solving.

Gotta hand it to the Apple engineers on this one.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*yawn*

If i wanted something thin, underpowered and overpriced, I'd hire out the some wench from the local night clubs. I'd get a bunch of STDs extra to boot.

bikapika

HSC
this is revolution you know. apple is encouraging people to buy the time capsule as a database AND wireless router lol with the time capsole, you dont need an ethernet port, and how often do you use an optical drive if you download everything from itune's music/movie rental (which is exactly what jobs wants).

back in 2000 jobs sold the first gen ipod for like $500 usd lol thats the price for buying revolutionary products. if you are really patient im sure the price of mba will drop to $1000 in 2 years time.

jobs is planning for the keynote in 2010 when he can claim "we've had introduced the macbook air to set the trend of wireless" omg what a peacock

im buying a macbook white soon after the macworld. it suits us students well. macbook air is for those who already have a desktop computer and who really need an ultraportable but dislike sony's ugly ones

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
i didn't like the external cd drive either...

but the trackpad was pretty cool :uhhuh:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
S1M0 said:
Gee, hard to impress?

Personally, i think its quite astounding that Apple has managed to build a laptop that thin and yet run at that kind of speed (not very fast, but still). You'd imagine that heat would tend to be a problem when building a computer with parts that close together, so it would've taken so real problem solving.

Gotta hand it to the Apple engineers on this one.
I also am impressed also. Step in the right direction imo.

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
really the best alrounded mac is the original mac book...if your away from an internet connection you would really want all ur files and cd drives with you..not inside a "time capsule" a long way away from you

jenchowdhury

HSC
unimpressed by the absence of a cd drive and low storage space. 64gbs is just not enough. i think ill just stick to my 160gb macbook thanks.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i'm impressed by the mba for the simple reason that it has the potential to designate a trend in future ultraportable design. I mean, this is just the beginning. Other companies will follow with similar products over time, as they did with the ipod, which set a standard in design that others tried to reach.
It's not perfect, but it bodes well for the future.

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
I'm a Mac enthusiast (read: fanboi) but I don't like the airbook. Yes, it's thin, yes it's purty but yes, it's also a hole in your wallet. I'd rather fork another $100 for a Macbook Pro to be honest (educational pricing).

juggernaut

HSC
cant beat a macbook pro.

can pick up the brand new refurbished macbook pro (2.5 ghz core penryn on a 15') for 2,399 with educational discount.

id pay the extra 400$ and get this over the black macbook, although macbooks are also damn good

dolbinau

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i'm impressed by the mba for the simple reason that it has the potential to designate a trend in future ultraportable design. I mean, this is just the beginning. Other companies will follow with similar products over time, as they did with the ipod, which set a standard in design that others tried to reach.
It's not perfect, but it bodes well for the future.
I don't really feel the MBA design is too 'revolutionary', the lack of optical drive; soldered RAM etc.. is common practice in many ultraportables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)