macbook Vs macbook pro (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey i am looking unto buying a mac notebook, but don't know if it's worth the extra $1500 or so for a macbook pro? Then again i don't really want to have to upgrade for a while either.
Does anyone have one of these to confirm whether or not it is worth th extra money?

also I heard that you can get a student discount from apple. How do I go about getting this?

thanks

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
What do you plan on using it for?

I have a macbook pro, so I can give advice on that, but yeah depends on what you're going to do with it =)

HSC
Yeah well basically I will only be using for word processing, internet, picture storage, maybe some DVD watching and CD burning. Would like to have a DVD burner but my desktop has that so it's not as important.

Basically i dont need it for games, which is why im thinking the macbook would be sufficient.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Worth the extra money? If that's all you need to do with the laptop, then in my opinion God no.

woodwardbrett

HSC
Check out the specs on apple website.... as for student discount all you have to do is show your student card at the apple shop...

HSC
ok, considering i am computer illiterate, are these specs decent?

g4 processor
1.42GHZ
512mb RAM
60GB HDD
DVD super drive

thanks

woodwardbrett

HSC
they are ok, but eh g4 processor is out dated..... all new macs have intel processors so i would recommen buying a new macbook... not an ibook (with ppc processor). also for games you will want to check the video card!!

SamTheMacMan

HSC
woodwardbrett said:
they are ok, but eh g4 processor is out dated..... all new macs have intel processors so i would recommen buying a new macbook... not an ibook (with ppc processor). also for games you will want to check the video card!!
I have the MacBook Pro & Its an awesome machine. I can reccomend it thouroghly.

I have the 17'' :)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
For your needs I would suggest the macbook - you don't need the extra whizbang the macbook pros have.

Mind you, the Macbooks are still first generation technology. There may be some issues with them which would warrant waiting for a revision.

pete_mate

HSC
get the 2.0ghz intel duo (the new macs) they shit all over the old ones.

the chip inside them is extremely good for what you pay. I sell these laptops 3 days a week at a store.

the only differance is really the graphics card, the pro has a radeon x1600, which is a very nice card for a notebook, but its not gonna matter if you're not doing any multimedia stuff really.

The macbook has some advantages over the pro. It's lighter and smaller, and the battery lasts for 6hrs+ where the pro is only 4.5.

altho, the macbook pro looks and feels sweet, the macbook is better for you.

pete_mate

HSC
pete_mate said:
get the 2.0ghz intel duo (the new macs) they shit all over the old ones.

the chip inside them is extremely good for what you pay. I sell these laptops 3 days a week at a store.

the only differance is really the graphics card, the pro has a radeon x1600, which is a very nice card for a notebook, but its not gonna matter if you're not doing any multimedia stuff really.

The macbook has some advantages over the pro. It's lighter and smaller, and the battery lasts for 6hrs+ where the pro is only 4.5.

altho, the macbook pro looks and feels sweet, the macbook is better for you.
anyway, come into jb hifi warringah to buy it, we can do you an extended warranty for half the price of apples. seeing as its 1st gen as mednez said, this would be ideal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)