macbook VS other laptop for uni????Which one? (1 Viewer)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
i am currently juggling between whether to get the new generation 13.3 inch macbook 2.4Ghz OR maybe some other laptop that uses windows OS (been thinking of the 13 inch Dell XPS M1330)

All i want to know which one is better for use in uni, if i were to do a commerce degree???
my parents said that mac is much better for presentations etc

but i like the specs in the online customisable dell laptop.

any opiniions???

EvilElmo

HSC
They're both a bit over powered for the majority of uni work you'll be doing.

Will you plan on doing other things on the laptop? Otherwise, it might be a bit of over kill.

If you're used to using Microsoft Office, then I would go for a PC that uses windows. You can put Windows on to most Apple computers these days though.

It all comes down to how much you're killing to spend. Any laptop will do uni work.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The only problem you might have with a mac is sharing documents between group members when you do group assignments. Even though the windows and mac versions of office are supposed to be compatible there are still a few formatting issues.

...and I don't see how a mac is better for presentations.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Arowana21 said:
i am currently juggling between whether to get the new generation 13.3 inch macbook 2.4Ghz OR maybe some other laptop that uses windows OS (been thinking of the 13 inch Dell XPS M1330)

All i want to know which one is better for use in uni, if i were to do a commerce degree???
my parents said that mac is much better for presentations etc

but i like the specs in the online customisable dell laptop.

any opiniions???
You don't need a laptop for commerce *facepalm*

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
netbook that is all you need... cheap and adequate for what you want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)