Maccas! (1 Viewer)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Starting to work at Maccas....
Hey, are females always at the front...and males at the back?
When a new person is training, are they always stuck at the back and for how long?
Is it hard to use a cashier?
Just questions...
:burn: Maccas is making me burn up...it can be so confusing sometimes....

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
nah girls mainly start at the front cos they're cuter and would get along with the customers
but the guys do have a choice to work in the front

and fuck right off if you think it would be easy
but cashiering isn't hard...
so much pressure and you're going to ache :(

~Fire Jade~

HSC
When you get a trainer on the first day, do you stick with them for the rest of the 3 months or do you get other trainers...
Also after the first week, what happens? How do you find out your rosters for later? Do you get pay slips? When do you get paid? I'm pretty ignorant as I'm still a "newbie".

Dod0

HSC
You won't stay with the same trainer, Trainers schedules are mixed up a bit you may or you may not.

After your orientation shift you will just basically start getting trained into different areas of back area or front, Your 2nd shift will most likely be on the station that you where learning on your first day and you will just work from there.

To find out your roster, log onto your metime site which is metime then log in with your details blah blah blah. Your payslips are also on metime so you can look at them on the site.

I get paid on Wednesdays so I assume this Is the same for most stores although I'm not entirely sure. Alsoo make sure you have tax file number or you will get taxed half your pay I believe although you get that back at the end of the financial year.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Oh, my first trainer was nice...so I hope I would still get the same one. I don't know where to see the pay slips. Under which heading?
The manager said something about me continually working at the back for a *long time* before I will be moved to the front. Does that mean I was employed for the kitchens?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
At my ex-Maccas Job, we actually had more guys on front and more girls in the kitchen...weird huh?

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Oh hey, I've got more questions I'm confused over...
In Maccas, there's a computer screen saying the amount of food need to be cooked such as "Nuggets 1/2". The 1 meaning number of trays and 2 meaning the amount of food products.
I've asked my trainer a billion times how to look at the screen and just *know* when I need to put the food into the grill and boil it in oil. I still don't understand....Anybody explain to me? ~^^~

akrinis

HSC
In Maccas, there's a computer screen saying the amount of food need to be cooked such as "Nuggets 1/2". The 1 meaning number of trays and 2 meaning the amount of food products.
I've asked my trainer a billion times how to look at the screen and just *know* when I need to put the food into the grill and boil it in oil. I still don't understand....Anybody explain to me? ~^^~
Yes, the first number is the no. of trays. The second, I assume, is the amount the have in each tray OR the total amount shared between all trays. Nonetheless, it's extremely confusing.

You should very occasionally check the trays to see if you have empty products. But your fellow crew members should also be helping you by calling out empty trays i.e "EMPTY FISH!" and you get the cue to put down more.

What I usually do is -

1. For Nuggets, put down a WHOLE bag of nuggets. Then throw it all into ONE tray when it has finished cooking

OR

throw it into 2 SEPARATE TRAYS

2. For Chicken patties and Fillet patties, put down 5-6 each

3. For Crunchy/Crispy patties, put down 4

It depends mostly on how much products you have, which is why it's important to check constantly. Also, some sneaky crew member might see one patty left in a tray, THEN they move it into the new tray, and they don't call out the empty tray. Not telling you to become paranoid, but just be aware of what's happening.

Finally, if you have a night shift and business is slow, MINIMISE your cooking as much as possible. You can get in trouble if you have too much stock at the end.

Last edited:

spence

HSC
The PLS (that screen) is always fucked up at my store, so no-one uses it. At my store the back area manager just calls to the meat people to get down x pieces of whatever product

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Today, I just learnt that the screen is effed up...so no real pt in reading it. Hey do all people learn how to make burgers? There are so many combinations of burgers...ugh...I couldn't remember anything! How long does it take to learn?

spence

HSC
Today, I just learnt that the screen is effed up...so no real pt in reading it. Hey do all people learn how to make burgers? There are so many combinations of burgers...ugh...I couldn't remember anything! How long does it take to learn?
You pick it up really quickly

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Yeah, whenever I log in...I get the same page coming up...so where's the sections on payslips? And is it possible to stay at the kitchens because you're either comfortable and getting pretty good at it?

akrinis

HSC
Yeah, whenever I log in...I get the same page coming up...so where's the sections on payslips? And is it possible to stay at the kitchens because you're either comfortable and getting pretty good at it?
Read on. All restaurants are different. Your store might email it to you [like my store does]
And if you like to work at the back, just request it. Shift supervisor should be very flexible.

You won't stay with the same trainer, Trainers schedules are mixed up a bit you may or you may not.
To be honest, on my first shift I didn't even get a crew trainer, so don't worry about crew trainers. Most of the development is done by you; the crew trainers are only there to assist and teach you things. It was a different story with my second shift as I had a crew trainer teaching me how to make some burgers. I'm confident to say I now know how to make all of them.. Although McFeast, and Lean Beef are not yet my fortes.

To find out your roster, log onto your metime site which is metime then log in with your details blah blah blah. Your payslips are also on metime so you can look at them on the site.
Not true. My Metime does not display payslips - they go straight to my email account, which is a good thing, because I prefer it there. When I started, my manager asked for my email so they can send 'em there.

I get paid on Wednesdays so I assume this Is the same for most stores although I'm not entirely sure. Alsoo make sure you have tax file number or you will get taxed half your pay I believe although you get that back at the end of the financial year.
Wednesday? Why so late?

I get paid nice and early, on Monday. :haha: Shame the bank takes till Tuesday to process it. :mad1:

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Wow, thanks....I guess you're working at Maccas? I know this sounds retarded...but it's hard there but I love it...^^

akrinis

HSC
LOL, not retarded at all. I love it there, even though most people say it's hard work, and it is, but the people you meet there make up for everything, which is why most people enjoy it. Others outside the job can't imagine working here, but it's really not that bad, to be honest.

Pay was another issue - but that's all sorted out now. I'd be very frustrated if they don't pay me extra on Monday [Australia Day].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)