Macleay College (1 Viewer)

*rUsTy*

HSC
If you study it part time, where it would take you 2 years instead of the 1, I don't think there'd be too much of a problem.

mariel89

HSC
ok i have been at macleay for 2 terms this year and i have NO IDEA what i was thinking leaving uni and coming to this dump!

1. cant stant ross bowen, hes an asshole and gets under my skin. his bullshit comments about the shire are ridiculous and not in any way funny
2. their attendence rules are fucked, especially when they screw it up themselves
3. these teachers all have poles stuck sideways up their asses...cant stand how they talk down to people...with the exception of manny and gillian (WHO ARE AWESOME).

i hate macleay and wish i never came...going back to uni next year cant wait!

*rUsTy*

HSC
You obviously don't do Journalism... I'm not sure what you do, but it sounds terrible. Especially the lecturers. I do Journalism and the lecturers are awesome.

jasond4

HSC
N/A
Anyone got any feedback/advice on the sport management/marketing course?? Im looking to do it in 2009

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
jasond4 said:
Anyone got any feedback/advice on the sport management/marketing course?? Im looking to do it in 2009
Looks pretty interesting to me too. Can't seem to find much information about it.

Qualifications for Enrolment
  1. Students currently sitting for the Higher School Certificate or those who have completed the HSC or its equivalent in recent years
So I'm assuming no UAI is needed then? Seems like an easy way to credit yourself in the field of Sports Mangement through to UTS. Something I'm interested in.

inter108

HSC
Yea someone from my High School went there for sports journalism.

it's apparently expensive compared to Uni.

Uni courses avg around $4000 i think.

The course i want is $8677 not including stu contribution.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
inter108 said:
Yea someone from my High School went there for sports journalism.

it's apparently expensive compared to Uni.

Uni courses avg around $4000 i think.

The course i want is $8677 not including stu contribution.
Quite pricey, but it seems like its worth it. What course out of curiousity?

Seems like an interesting choice for me, was thinking of doing Sports Management @ UWS (Which is such a risk) but this might have more to offer.

inter108

HSC
Knowingnothing said:

Seems like an interesting choice for me, was thinking of doing Sports Management @ UWS (Which is such a risk) but this might have more to offer.
I was thinking of doing Business/commerce 2nd year sports management aswell.

Yea i don't know the exact course but i know he is doing journalism related to sport.

He has a blog for Fox sports apparently :/

jasond4

HSC
N/A
mariel89 said:
ok i have been at macleay for 2 terms this year and i have NO IDEA what i was thinking leaving uni and coming to this dump!

1. cant stant ross bowen, hes an asshole and gets under my skin. his bullshit comments about the shire are ridiculous and not in any way funny
2. their attendence rules are fucked, especially when they screw it up themselves
3. these teachers all have poles stuck sideways up their asses...cant stand how they talk down to people...with the exception of manny and gillian (WHO ARE AWESOME).

i hate macleay and wish i never came...going back to uni next year cant wait!

What course did u do Mariel89?

jasond4

HSC
N/A
Knowingnothing said:

Yeah im thinking of going to macleays, get my adv diploma in Sport Management/Marketing, then work in the industry while I get my degree through open universities

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Seems we all have the common interest of Sports Management/Marketing. You guys going to apply soon or something or wait for UAI?

I think there wouldn't be a large number of people doing Sport Management, always been a lack of people doing that course.

Might call and get some additional info tomorrow.

inter108

HSC
Knowingnothing said:
Seems we all have the common interest of Sports Management/Marketing. You guys going to apply soon or something or wait for UAI?

I think there wouldn't be a large number of people doing Sport Management, always been a lack of people doing that course.

I have information on the course but limited.

I have applied through my preferences that's all.

Campbelltown Campus UWS

jasond4

HSC
N/A
Knowingnothing said:

Yeah mate well im mature age, so im just waiting for the fee help papers to be sent out and then im applying, they can send you out a info pack etc, or u can put in your info on there website and theyll send it out that way.

jasond4

HSC
N/A
inter108 said:
I have information on the course but limited.

I have applied through my preferences that's all.

Campbelltown Campus UWS

So inter, u going to uni? i dont get it?

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Yeah, enrolled for the information package.

Don't know whether to apply before or after I receive UAI. Don't want to run out of time for it.

I applied for UWS Sports Management as well. So all I need is 60. Even if I do get 60+, might go to the College.

inter108

HSC
Knowingnothing said:
Yeah, enrolled for the information package.

Don't know whether to apply before or after I receive UAI. Don't want to run out of time for it.

I applied for UWS Sports Management as well. So all I need is 60. Even if I do get 60+, might go to the College.
I got a priority offer so i will find out whether i get accepted before the christmas Holidays.

Fingers crossed.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
inter108 said:
I got a priority offer so i will find out whether i get accepted before the christmas Holidays.

Fingers crossed.
Oh lucky you, and you live at Liverpool! Lol.

Well if I get 60 or so, then I'll know I got in anyway with the Western Sydney Bonus.

But still don't know what will be better. With college, it will provide credit for UTS. Hmm.

jasond4

HSC
N/A
so knownothing and inter, what type of place do you;s want to work at?

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Not too sure, the field of Sports Management doesn't really go beyond "Sports". I'd be happy doing something that I actually enjoy. I probably need to get more information on it though.

What about you? Know what you're going to focus on in Sports Management.

jasond4

HSC
N/A
Knowingnothing said:
Not too sure, the field of Sports Management doesn't really go beyond "Sports". I'd be happy doing something that I actually enjoy. I probably need to get more information on it though.

What about you? Know what you're going to focus on in Sports Management.
Yeah im looking into getting work with soccer associations/clubs etc, stuff like leisure/sport centre management, hopefully eventually owning/managing my own indoor sport centre and beach soccer comps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)