Macq Go Club!!! (1 Viewer)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Macq Go Club [meeting time EDIT]!!!

Okies, i talked it over with the chess club ppl and they've given me the ok.

I'm gonna start ourselves a GO CLUB!

Go = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(board_game)

Chess club meets at the SAM bar terrace, NOW i've changed the time to .TUESDAYS, 1PM - 4PM, at the SAMbar terrace. I've changed the time because i've got a 3 hour break then, and it's still during the day, so there may be more people interested AND free during those three hours. NOTE: If it's raining, i'll probably be indoors, plenty of table space where the chinese food outlets is.

This "club" isn't exactly official yet, this is just for now trying to attract more interest in the game. Once we have enough people, I'll go down and make our club REAL.

Also, to ppl who are interested, i've only got 2 go sets, so if anyone out there has any sets to share, PLEASE bring them along!!!

So c'mon guys, UNSW has one, USYD has one, let's get together and start Macquarie Uni's first eva GO CLUB!!!

ONLINE GO SERVER - http://www.gokgs.com/ most user-friendly interface, and the people there are friendly to newbies too!

Post up here if you're interested in coming along!

-P_D

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
i have this game on my nintendo ds.

is it also from the movie "Beautiful Mind"?

where john nash loses.

looking at the pictures there............the way i see it usually played is you can't just go start a seperate group.

you have to put in a place that is next to one piece.

i suck at these sorts of games, chess, checkers, backgammon etc.

P_Dilemma

HSC
iwannarock said:
i have this game on my nintendo ds.

is it also from the movie "Beautiful Mind"?

where john nash loses.

looking at the pictures there............the way i see it usually played is you can't just go start a seperate group.

you have to put in a place that is next to one piece.

i suck at these sorts of games, chess, checkers, backgammon etc.
Come along and learn how to REALLY play! Nintendo DS and computers generally suck at this :D!

Yeap, this game was features (not enough) on "A beautiful mind".

Believe me, this game is QUITE different to chess, checkers, backgammon etc, in essence. Come along this coming wednesday, i'll prob also be teaching new people the apsects of the game too!

-P_D

X

xeuyrawp

P_Dilemma said:
Come along and learn how to REALLY play! Nintendo DS and computers generally suck at this :D!

Yeap, this game was features (not enough) on "A beautiful mind".

Believe me, this game is QUITE different to chess, checkers, backgammon etc, in essence. Come along this coming wednesday, i'll prob also be teaching new people the apsects of the game too!

-P_D
You don't look a very noob-friendly teacher. :p

P_Dilemma

HSC
PwarYuex said:
lol, ok, maybe it did come out a bit iffy :p

I'm hoping there may be some more experienced players coming along, maybe they can help out with teaching the newbies. As you're pointed out, i'm kinda new to this teaching gig, so please be patient with me!

-P_D

Kegs

HSC
PwarYuex said:
lol. He did pwn me quiet hard. Will try to be there, but it is a bad time for me. Gah! Will let you know.

Hawayron

HSC
Definately interested...
I'm not usually in on Wednesdays tho.

When I can I will come tho :)

- B

garesuka

HSC
N/A
I'm terrible at Go, only thing I can play with those black and white pieces is Reversi Xp

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
had a groovy time today :)

Go is quite an interesting game - sure enough I sucked, but i'll be there again next week. P_dilemma is a good Go teacher, if anyone wants to know how to play don't be afraid to come next week and he will show you how to play. I got the hang of it in about 30 minutes :)

P_Dilemma

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
had a groovy time today :)

Go is quite an interesting game - sure enough I sucked, but i'll be there again next week. P_dilemma is a good Go teacher, if anyone wants to know how to play don't be afraid to come next week and he will show you how to play. I got the hang of it in about 30 minutes :)
Yay! Praise!

I was happy with the attention i attracted to Go yesterday; here i was sitting next to these chess people, and the ppl around look and see the chess, then they see me at my table with... "WTH? what's that game with the black and white stones? Let's have a closer look!"

I'll be around every Wednesday from 5PM, barring illness, assignments or what have you. If you're even a little interested, please, you're welcome to come along!

-P_D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
hahah. yes i noticed a few people looking over with a curious expression. They probably thought we were playing checkers :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)