Macquarie is so easy!!! (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Seriously? Nearly all "technical" units, you can bring a A4 cheat sheet to the final exam? WTF?! In UWS, I had to actually study and memorise to pass the final, in Macquarie, I just transcribe everything during the semester onto the double sided A4 paper in tiny ass writing and "copy and cheat" during the final exam, so bloody easy. What kind of uni is this? Dafaq?

I thought Macquarie university was suppose to be a difficult university and the exams was suppose to difficult compared to other universities, especially in finance.

PS. you can do the same in their famous MAppFin degree too! How are they preparing us for CFA exams and for real life finance?

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
well i only did acst101 as im doing accounting but we werent allowed a cheat sheet in that? Also i hear Mac's finals are usually harder than other uni's? ive only done 1st year subs tho but i know quite a few people failing different subjects already lol

will90211

HSC
My brother just completed what I suppose you could call technical units: computer science units and the like. His cohort was not allowed to use notes etc. Usually only first year subjects allow such, I do know a primary education unit does allow a 'cheat sheet'.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know about you, but for me:

-For my law class (which I had to repeat as it was 1st year at UWS but 2nd year at Macquarie) we had a cheat sheet for both.
-All my other classes did not have cheat sheets. I suspect the majority of my future ones won't either.
-Also, all but one of my exams at UWS was 2 hours. Only one was 3. All my Mac subjects have been 3 so far, and this seems to be consistent with my friends who are doing completely unrelated degrees to me.

Remember this though, you might now decide you can get through uni on the basis of cheat sheets, but when your out in the real world working in the finance industry, you're cheating yourself if you don't know essential things and just made a one off cheat sheet instead. The university isn't responsible for pepping you for future coursework and jobs, you are responsible.

And honestly? If you think Macquarie is meant to be "more difficult" you need a reality check. That's not how university works in Australia. Going to university at UWS doesn't instantly make a course easier than at UNSW. The content is the same, but other factors are what change people's perceptions. The teaching staff, the way they present the information, the way you interpret it, your discipline, and the discipline of those your competing with all influence a course's "difficulty" much more than being allowed notes in a final exam...

financialwar

HSC
N/A
majority of the units in bachelor of applied finance allows cheat sheet, that's from year one to year three.

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
im doing accounting and the only subs i used a cheat sheet were stat170 final and the MYOB task for accg1b

financialwar

HSC
N/A
well it's accounting after all, it's much easier than finance.

crazy_paki123

HSC
guess so, how is finance anyways? I found acst101 really easy, my best sub in sem 1

v1

HSC
there's 1 thing you forgot... cheat sheet doesn't guarantee HD especially in 2nd year +. Get straight HD's without trying and then i'll agree with you that macquarie uni's exams are easy
@above lol expecting 98 for acst101

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I've done third-level statistics at two different universities (not MQ) where one allowed a cheat sheet while the other didn't. Personally, I think having a cheat sheet was more beneficial because we weren't being tested on how well we memorised the formulae. We were tested on how well we understood them and how we could apply them. We were taught to know the concepts inside-and-out so that we didn't need to rote learn.

The one that did not allow the cheat sheet just forced everyone to memorise everything without really understanding. Is there a point in doing ANOVAs by hand in an exam? I think it's better to know what it is used for and when it might be the best procedure, rather than just knowing the steps.

In the end, the distribution of marks was the same for both courses anyway. Having a cheat sheet doesn't automatically make a course easier to pass.

tom9422

HSC
majority of the units in bachelor of applied finance allows cheat sheet, that's from year one to year three.
Here's where i know you're bullshitting. I've done pretty much all the required first year subjects under the Applied Finance degree and that isn't the case.

I've done ACST101, STAT170, ECON110, ECON 111 and ACCG106 and only one of them (STAT170) allowed cheat sheets in the final.

quintessential

HSC
Couldn't disagree with you more.
I've completed a year at MQ studying Comm/Law and not one exam allowed a cheat sheet of any kind.
[Commerce units completed - ACST101, ECON111, ACCG100, BBA102, MKTG101].

quintessential

HSC
Couldn't disagree with you more.
I've completed a year at MQ studying Comm/Law and not one exam allowed a cheat sheet of any kind.
[Commerce units completed - ACST101, ECON111, ACCG100, BBA102, MKTG101].

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I'm going to enjoy watching you crash and burn

JZKELLY

HSC
HAHA we all can tell this guy is actually from UWS and thinks his univeristy is good, but dude UWS is a trash uni... other universities laugh at yours... cause its drop kicks and we can tell you dont even attend macquaire cause your talking bullshit, and c-sian b-sian a-sian dude you have no right your in UWS cause your a dumb fuck haha

JZKELLY

HSC
and im from UNSW, jUST HATE YOU UWS CUNTS THINKING YOU GUYS ARE SOMETHING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)