Macquarie Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme round 1 and 2??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, what does it mean by there being 2 rounds of application. does this mean i could not apply in the first round and apply in the second round and still have a chance or would i have to apply in both rounds to maximise my chances?

thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your first suggestion is correct. Essentially, applicants are considered for MQ's Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme in one of two rounds. In your case, if you do not apply to be considered in the first round but do apply to be considered in the second round, you will still have a chance of receiving an early offer, just as if you had applied in the first round.

You cannot apply in both rounds to maximise your chances. This is because MQ will only assess your application once (i.e. for one round). Subsequently, the outcome will be released on the specified date for each round, regardless of whether your application was successful or unsuccessful. This means that you can only receive one outcome through the Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme and will therefore not be considered for the following round, that is, if you apply in the first round.

I hope this helps! 😄

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
Hi, what does it mean by there being 2 rounds of application. does this mean i could not apply in the first round and apply in the second round and still have a chance or would i have to apply in both rounds to maximise my chances?

thanks
btw you can just BS your application about extra curriculars. Nearly anyone can get an offer with the Leaders and Achievers.

HSC
Your first suggestion is correct. Essentially, applicants are considered for MQ's Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme in one of two rounds. In your case, if you do not apply to be considered in the first round but do apply to be considered in the second round, you will still have a chance of receiving an early offer, just as if you had applied in the first round.

You cannot apply in both rounds to maximise your chances. This is because MQ will only assess your application once (i.e. for one round). Subsequently, the outcome will be released on the specified date for each round, regardless of whether your application was successful or unsuccessful. This means that you can only receive one outcome through the Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme and will therefore not be considered for the following round, that is, if you apply in the first round.

I hope this helps! 😄
thank youuu :)

HSC
btw you can just BS your application about extra curriculars. Nearly anyone can get an offer with the Leaders and Achievers.
wait what dont they require any proof of the extracurriculars you've done?

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
fr they're not gonna confirm whether or not u stopped the transatlantic slave trade
LOL fr

wait what dont they require any proof of the extracurriculars you've done?
Yeah just dont go too over the top to the point where it looks suspicious.
Just add a bunch of random groups or committees your school may have, like organising school concerts, bbq's and whatnot.
If you're quite close to a few teachers then you can provide their email in your application and use them as your references.. Sometimes macq will email the people you referred.

No surprises

HSC
I just wanna say something off the topic but what tf they put 500 characters limit there(INCLUDING SPACES????????????????) If it's 500 words then myeah but wtf is this limit I could only write like 80 words.

Tiki Taka

HSC
Do you know what year 11 grades they are looking for either commerce/law or commerce?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
when does it come out

edit: dw found it
round 1: 4 sep
round 2: 28 sep

Charlie129

HSC
I'm not sure about anyone else but a few days after, they contacted my references and asked if I had in fact done what I claimed for volunteering. So I'm gonna go on a limb and say they do actually contact your references.

scaryshark09

HSC
I put the same reference for all activities even thought they weren't even there

scaryshark09

HSC
do most people get an offer or how does it work?
how good do your year 11 marks have to be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)