Macquarie Outbound Study Abroad Program (1 Viewer)

Andy18

HSC
Has anybody ever done a semester outside of MQ at another international university?

I'm enrolled in the Master of environment course (graduated with a BA In september) and have also applied for 6 months in the USA during Semester 2 2011. How long usually does it take to find out whether you have been accepted? Will I know before the new year?

Appreciate your responses and any stories you had about your experience overseas :)

Ziva

Banned
HSC
Yeah.

You find out a couple weeks after the closing date from memory.

Youll have a great time at college in the US assuming you arent a complete fucking loser or socially awkward retard.

Andy18

HSC
Cheers mate.. what college did you attend?

It's odd, on the Macquarie website it says youll be informed several weeks after the application deadline. You seem to think it is two. Yet I just got an email from the university saying they usually have a verdict by the 1st week of semester 1! that's almost 2 months away. I suppose the american semester starts late august so that gives me plenty of time to plan.

Andy18

HSC
University of Arizona, Colorado state, South Florida and Missouri in that order.

merillem

HSC
No way you'll find out before the New Year. Uni is closed from tomorrow and it takes plenty of time for them to process acceptances at MQ. A response from the US uni will take much much longer.

PG to the USA....good luck. Did an exchange there in Tennessee (which was awesome) but transferring credit to a PG degree will be very tough, that's if a US university will accept a PG exchange student. Lots didn't when I was applying.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
University of Arizona, Colorado state, South Florida and Missouri in that order.
Haha, nice choice!!! well known party uni and plenty hot chicks. Enjoy your stay and party hard.

Andy18

HSC
Yeah I got the same. I suppose that gives us very little time between then and the beginning of the semester to work it all out (units etc. as well as overseas details) but it's good to know!

May I ask where you applied?

Andy18

HSC
Actually changed my #1 to North Carolina @ Chapel Hill. Heard lots about the campus, really hope I get into it.

Roll on 18th February :) Can't plan my masters until I know whether or not I am going overseas to be honest

Andy18

HSC
My application was accepted this morning and I've been nominated to my #2 preference - Oxford, MS!

Andy18

HSC
How is everyone doing with the application? any difficulties? stories?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)