Macquarie Uni Enrollment Question?? (1 Viewer)

NWO

HSC
Hi,
I have decided to enroll, but to enroll what I do not know. I just do not know what to tick to enroll as there are like 10 options..?
The questions I have are below:

-I'm planning to do full time at uni.
- How many units do you need?
- What exactly are internal and external..?
- What are the electives?
- what are the different sessions? session 1, 2 3??

Any advice lol? The tutorials are quite useless. They don't help at all or I am a noob. XD

Thanks

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
What do you mean you have decided to enroll? Commencing students at MQ cannot enroll until they have received on campus academic advice - enrolling is not something you do on your own at MQ in your first semester.

If you have accepted your offer you would have registered for an on campus enrollment day. These do not start for a while.

Last edited:

NWO

HSC
What? no, no lol. I mean "enrolling in units". So far, I've accepted my offer. Please have a look at the following attachment. ss.PNG

NWO

HSC
If I cant enroll my units, how come it says "enrollment from 6 jan"? thanks

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Where does it say that?

Postgrad students can enrol from the 6th of Jan.

Continuing undergrad students can enrol from the 13th of January. (sorry i did make a mistake above about others at MQ not enrolling for a month)

Commencing students (that's you) can enrol from the 13th of February. You must also register for enrolment before you enrol.

See here: Continuing students: enrolment preparation - Macquarie University (continuing students)

and here: https://students.mq.edu.au/student_admin/enrolmentguide/acceptyouroffer/undergraduatedomestic/ (commencing students *you*)

NWO

HSC
Yes. I did everything as requested lol. I got my e student ID. Accepted offer etc. Up to the second last step.
That's weird. How come I have the options to enroll in the units, then? I guess ill give them a call.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If it's letting you that is very strange - you really shouldn't be able to. Have you actually attempted to enrol in a unit yet? It might not let you until the very last step.

It does look as if MQ may be doing things a bit differently this year.. in the past you have had to register for on campus enrolment. However in this years commencing student enrolment guide it doesn't really make that explicit. When you registered for enrolment, what exactly did it say you had to do?

NWO

HSC
And what is meant by session 1 and session 2? And if you can, can you please link me the tuts?

Jikky

HSC
exactly as in the link you gave me.

https://students.mq.edu.au/student_admin/enrolmentguide/acceptyouroffer/undergraduatedomestic/

But since I don't know what units to put, that's where I am stuck.
You should have a look at your course requirements as well as the student handbook which lists all of the units offered.

Handbook: http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2014/

And what is meant by session 1 and session 2? And if you can, can you please link me the tuts?
Session = Semester. 2 semesters per year.

This video will help you immensely, if you didn't attend the lecture on Info Day. c:

Info Day 2014 - Macquarie 101 - YouTube

And yeah as May-Cat said, I doubt you'll be filling out your units at home, as said in the video there is a dedicated enrollment day to get things sorted out with electives/timetabling.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I highly recommend getting a Mentor, check your email if you've received a message from one

NWO

HSC
Ok. Thanks guys. I understand 99% of how to enroll now. No mentor atm. Its abit early haha. Called Macquarie like 10 times ffs lol. Each of them transferring me to diff ppl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)