• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Macquarie University Reputation (2 Viewers)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
To the budding actuaries: you'll notice I said UNSW is good at business subjects. Therefore, go there.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Whats that I hear? The cries of UNSW QQing at being inferior?

X

xeuyrawp

bringbackshred said:
To the budding actuaries: you'll notice I said UNSW is good at business subjects. Therefore, go there.
That's a tight argument if I've ever heard one.

AsyLum said:
Whats that I hear? The cries of UNSW QQing at being inferior?
Less MQ moar QQ!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
PwarYuex said:
That's a tight argument if I've ever heard one.
ASB got voted the best university business faculty in the southern hemisphere by some highly esteemed publication last year, so that's how I judge it. Of course, it's all subjective and if I was looking to be an actuary, I'd be looking to see how future employers perceive my uni.

That said, I know a 2nd year actuary who is already having quite a few interviews with places such as PWC because they want him.

X

xeuyrawp

bringbackshred said:
ASB got voted the best university business faculty in the southern hemisphere by some highly esteemed publication last year,
It's really easy to make facts up when you aren't specific. It's not that I don't believe you, but can you cite what publication you're talking about, so people can actually read it and respond to you if they want to?

That said, I know a 2nd year actuary who is already having quite a few interviews with places such as PWC because they want him.
Yeah, the friend of a friend of a friend with honours thing doesn't work very well... Stick to the facts.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Out of interest where does UOW stand? I noticed that it never really gets brought up in comparison with the Sydney uni's. Is this because it is percieved as inferior or simply because it is slightly out of the area?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Cookie182 said:
Out of interest where does UOW stand? I noticed that it never really gets brought up in comparison with the Sydney uni's. Is this because it is percieved as inferior or simply because it is slightly out of the area?
I get the feeling that it's because of the latter. Personally, I've only heard about UoW in regards to it's strengths in education courses and its grad med program.

HSC
Are you serious that you think UTS is better than MQ?

You should get your head checked out!

atreus

HSC
the way it generally goes is the older the uni and the longer its been involved in an area, the better it is. thats why usyd has one of the best reps, and uws is perceived as inferior. a uni's reputation is created and maintained in part by its graduates. logically, an older uni will have more gradutes, probably more likely to be in higher positions, and so the reputation continues. also, the longer a uni has been around the more resources it has, etc.
unfortunately with mac tho, there was a lot of crap in the media about the outgoing vc last yr and student organisations and international students.

atreus

HSC
bringbackshred said:
even tho unsw may have a good rep for commerce, its generally held that mac has the better rep for actuarial studies. its actuarial studies program was the first of its kind and it has been running it for 35 years.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
What about the economics degree?
I've heard that it used to have a really good rep.
now it's only average..

HSC
mythical chaos said:
Are you serious that you think UTS is better than MQ?

You should get your head checked out!
what basis are you using to justify it isn't. Is it your all conquering wisdom from the person who gets a boner in his chemistry class, and yes I checked your earlier posts to see if you were trolling that you were doing your HSC in 08. Ultimately Macquarie has a good rep in general heard their businss faculty is decent cannot comment how their other courses are since I don't study there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)