Macquarie University (2 Viewers)

Lou283

HSC
No chance buddy, I got a higher ATAR than you, and I'll do better at uni than you :)
You clearly have no idea how university works. It is completely different than high school. Do you really think you can get through university telling everyone you got a 94.05 ATAR? People at UNSW will probably laugh at you if you try that since most of them will have a higher ATAR than you. Plus university is about individual study, motivation and organisation - staring at your ATAR mark isn't going to help you.

You got 96 and chose UOW.... UNIVERSITY OF FU%$ING WOOLLONGONG?!?!?!? You are stupid. A uni with good reputation and so other people are impressed = BETTER UNI! Because it gains its reputation from BEING a better uni. How can you not see that?
If I hadn't had a job I loved when I started university I would have probably gone to wollongong too so good on you! UOW has some great lecturers and some really interesting double degrees and majors that I couldn't do in Sydney, it has a good reputation and a great atmosphere. It is nothing to be laughed at. Perhaps if you had widened your horizons and your narrow mindedness you would have seen there are other options available outside Sydney.

or UNSW, or UTS? Then you are dumb!
Completely unnecessary - some of the smartest people in the world never even went to university. Take Richard Branson for instance. There is a lot more to life than where you went to university. I think you would find a lot of people laughing at you and telling you stories about how UTS is just a glorified college (I'm not saying that's my opinion) so what gives you the right to say that if you don't go to UNSW, USYD or UTS you are dumb? Have you ever noticed that those three are all in or around the city? i.e convenient. That means it is in higher demand because people want to study close to where they live. Acturial students have to be very smart and Macquarie university is said to have arguably the best acturial degree in NSW but are they dumbed down when they click accept to their MQ offer? and like someone else said the felt their environmental engineering degree looked really good elsewhere.

I think it's time to get off your high horse and realise you are not the smartest person on this forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to get advice and opinions from others and nothing needs a smart comment from you. People didn't come on here to be told their stupid by you.

Last edited:

assiduous

HSC
Hey guys, I only got 73.55 and I am interested in studying psychology. My preferences are:
1. B Commerce @ Macq.
2. B Psychology @ UWS
3. B Sci/B Arts @ UNSW
4. B Arts/ B Sci @ Macq.
5. B Arts @ Macq.

I'm eligible for EAS bonus points at every institution. I just don't know if I'm happy with the order. I wanna get into B Arts - Psychology which is about 84.50 but EAS can only be combined with the subject bonus points to a maximum of 9. SO my chances aren't good of getting in, right? I spoke to a few of the ppl at Macq. info day and I can apparently take preference number 4 (above) or number 5 and then transfer if I do well.

Now my other problem is, what careers paths can I get from B Psychology @ UWS if the uni's reputation isn't up to the standards of Macqaurie Uni's faculty of psychology? Should I move B Psychology down to number 5 and hope to get into either B Arts/B Science @ Macquarie OR B Arts @ Macquarie and get all credits and transfer into B Arts-Psychology?

If anyone knows what careers path I can reach from B Science/B Arts @UNSW, that'd be nice too. Will it allow me to transfer to B Arts - Psychology @ Macquarie? or UNSW's own Psychology course? Compare the difficulty of each for me, thanks. :(

I dunno, I put B Psychology @ UWS because it sounds good and I could possibly transfer into B Arts - Psychology @ macq. right??

I clearly need help. haha. :( Thanks everyone for your time.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I only got 73.55 and I am interested in studying psychology. My preferences are:
1. B Commerce @ Macq.
2. B Psychology @ UWS
3. B Sci/B Arts @ UNSW
4. B Arts/ B Sci @ Macq.
5. B Arts @ Macq.

I'm eligible for EAS bonus points at every institution. I just don't know if I'm happy with the order. I wanna get into B Arts - Psychology which is about 84.50 but EAS can only be combined with the subject bonus points to a maximum of 9. SO my chances aren't good of getting in, right? I spoke to a few of the ppl at Macq. info day and I can apparently take preference number 4 (above) or number 5 and then transfer if I do well.

Now my other problem is, what careers paths can I get from B Psychology @ UWS if the uni's reputation isn't up to the standards of Macqaurie Uni's faculty of psychology? Should I move B Psychology down to number 5 and hope to get into either B Arts/B Science @ Macquarie OR B Arts @ Macquarie and get all credits and transfer into B Arts-Psychology?

If anyone knows what careers path I can reach from B Science/B Arts @UNSW, that'd be nice too. Will it allow me to transfer to B Arts - Psychology @ Macquarie? or UNSW's own Psychology course? Compare the difficulty of each for me, thanks. :(

I dunno, I put B Psychology @ UWS because it sounds good and I could possibly transfer into B Arts - Psychology @ macq. right??

I clearly need help. haha. :( Thanks everyone for your time.
UNSW because its UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)