Macquire Uni Study Day (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by jimmik
where can i get more info abt this study day n can we still book for it? is there a website? anyone?
Macquarie HSC Enrichment Program

That's the website, it's got everything about booking and program and stuff. The day for Greece and Rome was yesterday, so you've missed out on that one. But there's an Egypt one in a couple of weeks.

Gemstone

Yeah hey everyone sorry I never came back to tell you guys about it.

I was actually referring to the Egypt one seeing as Egypt is the one I'm doing.

Anyway it covers my topics for Egypt which are

New Kingdom Egypt till the death of Thutmose IV
New Kingdom Egypt from Amenhotep III till the death of Ramesses II
Personality Akhenaten or Hatshepsut

Gemma

jimmik

HSC
damn i missed the greek one by one day..did anybody happen to go n if so would they kindly post up ne notes they got? plzzz?

X

xeuyrawp

I went, it was really good...
The lady who did agrippina was really smart and great, except many of the students hadn't done Aug-JClaudians OR Agrippina yet, and were really lost because of it.

Thankfully, I'd done both so I knew what she was going on about.

The guy who took Aug-JClaudians seminar only talked about the Morality Laws, which I thought was a tad weird?

Nerissa

I'm with JIMMIK, if anyone could post up their notes, it'd be really greatly appreciated...especially the Greek World (500 - 440BC) ones, as this is the topic I'm interested in. My notes swap proposition still holds. And if anyone wants to swap notes for Persian society, historical period or Xerxes, please PM me, I'd love to hear from you. Sorry if this sounds pushy, but I'd love to get a look at the notes. I haven't noticed any comments about how this particular lecture went. Was it helpful? Boring? Worth $25? Damn, I really want to see those notes ;), as I want to come first in the state for ancient (it's possible, two girls at my school came in the Top 10 of the state, I have their notes), and this means getting my hands on as many resources as possible! Luv ya all, and thanking you in advance!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The anc his section at macq is a grade lets put it that way :)

trekkie

HSC
Yeha i couldnt get there so if someone could post up the notes on Augustus and the julio claudians, aug+titus society and cleopatra or could send them to me itd be appreciated, thanks

Gemstone

Cool sounds like there worth it. Though one would expect that isn't Macquire like the best Uni for history in Australia.

Anyway I'm going to the Egypt day is anyone else.

Gemma

cyanide

Originally posted by AsyLum
tom is the roman guru!! if you want to learn rome this guy is the shiznit!!

OT: cyanide are you in AHST103 ?
yeah i did ahst103 last year, he rawks so hard. i did ahst232 in semester 2, which was taken by kearsley, she's really nice too

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
oh cool

haha i never really liked rome but this changed everything :D mad fun with republics and stuff, but my real passion is alexander :D so cant wait till next year :)

haha our year12 acn teacher basically stole the majority of maq's stuff and gave it to us, cos he used to lecture there or something hehe so its not that big of a step :D

Gemstone

Yeah cool maybe I'll see you there. I've gotta catch the train up cos my friend can't drive me up anymore they have sport on that day.

Anyway I have the schedule of what's on but I left it at school so I'll post it up tomorrow.

Gemma

Gemstone

Okay the Egypt day program

9am - 10am Lecture - Evidence for new kingdom Ramesside Society

10:15 - 11:15am - Seminars: You chose one of the four repeated later.
- Personality: Hatshepsut
- Historical Period: New Kingdom to Thutmose IV
- Society: New Kingdom during the Ramesside Period
- Historical Period: New Kingdom from Amenhotep III to Ramesses II

11:30 - 12:30pm - Lecture - Tutankhamun and the post-Amarna Restoration

12:30 - 1:30pm - Seminars are repeated

cornflower

HSC
N/A
What did we all think of the Study Day? Was it helpful? Did we learn anything?

I think the seminars were interesting.

Gemstone

Yeah the seminars were pretty interesting. I didn't like Ahmose - Thutmose IV though cos it was more aimed at people who hadn't studied it yet or were in the middle of it. Too me it seemed much like a reiteration of what I already new. There were a lot of us who had done it so I don't know maybe we've just got a really good teacher and don't notice it. All the other stuff was good. The Hapshesut seminar was great.

Gemma

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)