Maestro (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Its by peter goldsworthy. Have u guyz read? and did u like? i thought it was pretty good actually, although at 1st it didnt seem like my kinda book

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i loved it
i did it for english and i thought it was an excellent book

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
what a coincidence, i just started reading it again today :D
i read it for english in yr11, i thought it was great!

only the second rate never makes mistakes
only those capable of ugliness can be beautiful

(can't remmeber if those quotes are correct, they're just off the top of my head lol)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i read it for english in year 10, and yeah im gonna read it again along with to kill a mockingbird, well one day when i get round to it

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I had to read it for english, but I thought it wasn't that good. I thought Paul was a little fool. Several things he did annoyed me. He told Megan he had wet dreams over her (real smooht), he didn't even put up a fight when he was beat up, and he wasted his life, the fool.
But it had it's moments, though they were too few. I liked the part where Paul heard about Cyclone Tracy hitting Darwin and he imagiend Keller under the grand piano muttering "It's finally good for something."

<<lauren>>

i didnt really like that boy, he was so up himself and thought that he could achieve artistic perfection (too much romantic poetry influencing all my thoughts now!) but i loved the small details of his teacher - his crisp white linen suit that he wore through the heat of tropical summer, the coarse nature of his skin, his tattoo and how he hardly ever played, but when paul heard him that time and he was singing loudly and everything. i personally hated the ending, though it could have been because i was forcing myself to read it because of english....maybe ill appreciate it if i read it in my own time some day. anyone whose read it without time constraints and having to analyse the obsession themes...is it worth it?

Last edited:

v sia

HSC
wow i didnt know this book was so popular ...
im reading it atm for english and damn its boring ... 3 weeks has gone past and we are suppose to be at page 92 ... im only at page 30 .. lol

I kinda stopped because i read the summary book that the teacher brought . Didnt really interest me , the sex bits made me read as far as i did . Pretty poor scenes though

How did kellar die ??

astro

HSC
At first i though 'Maestro', like great gatsby, was going to be one of the most boring books in the world...but then after a while and reading it twice i began to appreciate it....

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
Its by peter goldsworthy. Have u guyz read? and did u like? i thought it was pretty good actually, although at 1st it didnt seem like my kinda book
Great book! We read it for english earlier this year as our main material for change. I thought it was a bit boring at first but then it was more interesting later. And our teacher also made it interesting. Really good, never knew what maestro really meant although I do now :) :) :)

felafel

i loved that book! it started off quite bland... wasn't expecting much, and then it got better and better

we are reading this book now for year 11 advanced ( you read it in year 10 for school?!?!??!) I really like it actually, i give it 5 stars

Super_Flyse

HSC
I personally wasn't a huge fan, though it was better then what i expected.

I did however get a good quote out of it, not particularly relevent to anyone studying it or the plot but i liked it.

"the converted are always the most zealous believer"

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
i read this ages ago... yr10 from wut i remember- i didn't really get into it till about half way..then i quite enjoyed it, not the worst text i have read at school

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
ididn't like it at first, at the end it was ok, not really my kind either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)