MoNNiE

HSC
overthaedge said:
what are the details?
if any yet?
taken from :http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/union/whatson/index.cfm?ItemId=2268

Magic Dirt
Type: Entertainment
Description: One of Australia’s most doggedly experimental and uncompromising rock’n’roll bands unveils its most lush and contagious pop single ever this month.

“LOCKET” is a three-minute blast of honey-soaked distortion and densely layered vocal harmonies, a stunning first taste of an album that will yet again thrill and surprise Magic Dirt’s loyal and growing audience.

“Locket is a no nonsense song and every word should be taken literally,” says singer Adalita. “I guess it relates in part to the subconscious text of innocence. It’s about locking things away, keeping them safe in your heart and mind.”

“LOCKET” was produced by Magic Dirt in Melbourne, in collaboration with their longstanding colleague Lindsay Gravina, and mixed by renowned LA engineer David Bianco (Teenage Fanclub, The Posies). The same team completed the other nine tracks on SNOW WHITE in March.

"With the last album (2003’s Tough Love), we were looking at being solid and concise and stripped back," says bassist Dean Turner. "This time we wanted the textures to be really lush, fleshy and layered. Beautiful."

“LOCKET” is released to stores on August 1st 2005.

SNOW WHITE is due on September 5th 2005 through Warner Music Australia.
Date: 22 Sep 2005
Time: 12:00 AM
Audience: All Welcome
18+ only event for non members
Campus: City - Broadway
Building: Glasshouse Bar
Contact Details:
Name: Jessica Dobbie
Email: unionactivities@uts.edu.au
Phone: 02 9514 1140,
Response: Tickets on sale soon!
Cost: Members: $10 presold and $15 door , Guests: $20 presold and $25 at the door

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
that's so hot. i am so there. we haven't had a decent band for freakin years.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Jealousy to the max! I <3 Magic Dirt.

It should be great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)